I hate Sword of the Divine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kingbowsa

10-03-2011

Teemo and Singed would like a word with you.

Weirding

10-03-2011

Just had my first game in a long time without a Jax in it.

It was incredibly fun. The final score was 34-0 (we won), and it was hard-fought. Here were the teams:

Twitch (me)
Garen
Katarina
Maokai
Riven (great tower assaulter; she built somewhat tanky)

vs.

Kog'Maw
Warwick
Twisted Fate (who is a boss on this map...)
Irelia
Malzahar (great bottom champion)

Overall a very solid lineup for both teams with powerful champions on each side. The weakest champions of the groups were probably Warwick and Katarina, but both had good players behind them and contributed well to the game.

Not having to build into a SotD let me put together my standard build -- Zeal > Infinity Edge > Phantom Dancer > Bloodrazor. I did have to get a Quicksilver Sash (Malz, Warwick), but that's because I decided to build glass cannon; if I had built some tank instead I would not have needed it.

After the game was over one player on the other team stated how wonderful it was to have a game "Without Jax stomping people like Mario stomps on Goombas".

Soobydoo

10-03-2011

You people do know that the SOTD active also gives 30 armor pen!!! like wtf are you people thinking saying this item is bad. Even though i rarely buy it knowing i can kick jax's ass with most champs, its called skill of knowing how to play champs not crying about one you haven't countered yet.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

I haven't had a major issue with Jax playing as Annie? Have I just been lucky and played against poor players? I mean, I get killed by him sure, but I would say my KDR is still above one against Jax.

Shini Laser

10-03-2011

Probably has been noted already, but Vayne + Sword of the Divine is quite fun, especially combined with Kitae's Bloodrazor on Dominion.

Tale Feather

10-03-2011

SotD isn't all that bad on champions that scale well with attack speed, but the real issue is the fact that Sword of the Divine ONLY works for you. Which means if you've got allies hitting at him and dodging, then he's spamming his stun every other attack and wipes your team.

And AP character's can't keep up with the burst damage a Jax can pull out and remain heavily tanky due to life steal/spell vamp.

Totaltrash

10-03-2011

@OP

You are complaining because you cannot 1vs1 a Jax.
You are complaining because SotD isn't to your liking.

Fact is, you shouldn't 1vs1 any Jax anyway. That's what teams are for.
In SR, Jax is not a very good pick.
Why? Because he doesn't get many 1vs1 chances and he melts in TEAM fights very easily.

But you neither want to change your playstyle nor your build.
You just want Jax gone, so you don't have to adapt.

In all fairness, it's not just the OP, but most qq-ers on here who keep complaining about champions.

P.S. To the guy who said Jax dodges towers - sry, but you are an idiot!

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
SotD isn't all that bad on champions that scale well with attack speed, but the real issue is the fact that Sword of the Divine ONLY works for you. Which means if you've got allies hitting at him and dodging, then he's spamming his stun every other attack and wipes your team.

And AP character's can't keep up with the burst damage a Jax can pull out and remain heavily tanky due to life steal/spell vamp.
But Jax can only damage 1 target, so it only affects you if your all melee, see list of don't play full melee teams.

Also so many other items shut him down. Frozen armor, or Randiums shuts him down, and are good on any champion. Heck my favorite thing.

Nasus + frozen, + randiums = -90% AS he runs off crying every time. Well no he usually stays in the fight way to long and dies when I smash him for 400 damage.

Mundo's kill jax's easily as well, um well offensive mundos do.

there is about 20 champions that easily counter jax with their natural abilities, no gear needed. yet they aren't the ones everyone is playing, cause they aren't the "teir1" champion,

Learn to build a solid team, the team comp from SR should be your DM team comp. If you do so you will do well in DM without a problem at all.

thepope289

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post

Why? Because he doesn't get many 1vs1 chances and he melts in TEAM fights very easily.
It's kind of hard to say that you should just move as a group at all times to prevent Jax from finding 1v1 opportunities. If you are always moving in groups then the enemy already has a distinct advantage in positioning over the points on the map.

Edit: Don't take this post as me saying "NERF JAX NAO" but just me stating that such a strategy isn't always as viable as you make it out to be

Weirding

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
@OP

You are complaining because you cannot 1vs1 a Jax.
You are complaining because SotD isn't to your liking.

But you neither want to change your playstyle nor your build.
You just want Jax gone, so you don't have to adapt.

In all fairness, it's not just the OP, but most qq-ers on here who keep complaining about champions.

P.S. To the guy who said Jax dodges towers - sry, but you are an idiot!
Hey there Totaltrash (irony?)...

Do you realize that we are talking about Dominion here, and not Summoner's Rift? Perhaps you didn't notice the forum label at the top.

Maybe you haven't played Dominion yet; I know there are a few people who still haven't bothered to try it, since they are content on SR. Here's a little tip about it for you:

YOU DON'T GET TO PICK YOUR FIGHTS.

The enemies go where they please, and if 4 of them are pushing bottom while sending Jax alone to take top -- since he can, you know, wreck anyone in a 1v1 encounter -- and you are the top defender, you have three options:

1. Fight Jax, who will probably just dive you and kill you since he has so much health from his free-gold passive.
2. Leave the point to try to help bottom, letting Jax having a free capture.
3.Try to capture one of their points.

The only problem is that not many champions are good at #3 -- they lack mobility and will likely get caught and killed (likely by Jax on the return trip) if they try.

And therein lies the problem with a champion that 1v1s with a nearly 100% success rate: 1v1 encounters (and 2v2s) happen CONSTANTLY in CS and there is nothing you can do about it. Running away and giving up free points isn't a good answer to this problem.

I've already covered IN DETAIL why I hate having to build SotD, so I won't get into that here. Chances are that the information presented in this post is enough to cook your noodle already.