I hate Sword of the Divine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HikariKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2011

SotD is decent on AS champs, and the ArmPen on the active is nice on tanky dps. Also the sword is effective against a few other champs, not just Jax. If you get blinded by teemo, SotD's active lets you still hit while blinded, oddly but works. And Sivir's passive gives her a good amount of dodge. And Udyr's passive.

Personally tho, everyone hates having to sacrifice an item just to build against a specific champion. Hextech Sweeper, Lightbringer, Sword of the Divine, Executioner's Calling.

When you play, try to make a good team comp that can handle most champs. Jax doesnt do as well against AP nukes and CC, he's just an anti-AA carry. If your team is full of AA'ers well, im sorry but you guys got yourselves ****ed. Next time you see a Jax, have your Mage focus him.

Weirding

10-03-2011

I couldn't sleep, so I switched from playing Twitch to Evelynn. I wanted a champ that was a bit bulker and wouldn't fold the minute Akali/Jax/Xin Zhao got in range of him.

So I took the enemy mid and stick around to defend it, hoping to get a kill or two before falling back, or at least buy my team some time to take top. Jax comes to tag the tower, but I got this! I've got my Trinity, I've got my Rageblade, and I've got my Sword of the Divine.

I active my Ultimate.
I active SotD BEFORE coming out of stealth like a good player.
I Ravage him.
I start to spam Hate Spike. He's at 50%, I'm at 100%, and he's slowed by Trinity. So far so good.
Jax dodges THE FREAKING TOWER SHOT.
CounterStrikeLeapStrikeEmpowerGGQQ

Really Riot? REALLY? Dodging the TOWER? You're got to be kidding me.

Will you kill this champion WITH FIRE already? He's in EVERY SINGLE GAME, either on my team or the enemy team.

Rammus? So last week. Leave a defender at your captured points.

Akali? People have figured out not to stand in her Shroud.

Gangplank? Send your ranged AD carry to annihilate him.

Jax? EVERYBODY hates him. The people PLAYING him hate him. They use him because you HAVE to. He is banned or picked in almost every single game on this map because he snowballs out of control and has immense passive damage reduction -- the solution to which is to buy a TERRIBLE item that does jack squat against anyone else.

panzerswine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2011

I love playing jax. Even back in the day on SR when I duo question with a friend.

If they keep taking out stats everyone will be the exact thing.

First stealth, then Dodge. What's next? Critical chance? Critical damage? That'll take out gp and trynd.

Poison? Other dot's?

Dodge doesn't bother me. Dots tick me off more. But I don't want the game dumbed down to where there is only ad and AP. Can't get defense items bc that's antifun, makes it harder to kill them

Fenthis

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbubble View Post
Frankly I hate Jax as a champion. And so does Riot.

Nidalee got her dodge removed.

Others (Sivir/Jax) will soon follow. Riot admitted that dodge is a stupid concept, and it will soon be gone.

The question is: Will crit chance?
Crit is currently what makes alot of hard carrys so good, to trash the stat would mean that riot would have to completely redo carries all together. Dodge is a way to completely neutralise auto attack champions by chance.

It would not suprise me if jax's counter attack was just made into a large cooldown stun and sivirs passive mitigated auto attack damage while she is moving. however they might just go though a complete rework... and who knows whats going to happen to the ninja tabi. dodge yellows and the talent would also need to be dealt with without completely trashing mastery tree's

Eraiel

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvatar View Post
I actually enjoy seeing Jax on the enemy side when I play Vayne. SotD makes me able to duel him pretty easily and it's still a pretty good buy on Vayne (I'm stacking AS anyways).

Think of it, ranged AD carries have two of the best counter-items in dominion: SotD for jax and Lightbringer for all of those stealth champs. I've been in games where I get both, which works pretty well considering how it shuts them down.
You doing it wrong, I dont need any of those items to kill akali, jax or other ad or hybrid champ with vayne.

Lord Magma

10-03-2011

Jax's dodge isn't even that high any more considering the only item that still grants Dodge is Tabi. If he's fighting in a creep wave that's where he's going to get his stun procs from. Few champions still build pure AS, and most new champions have on hit effects that his dodge specifically no longer protects against. It was crazy when you could dodge the stun on TF's cards for example.

Also Executioner's Calling gives decent Crit and Life Steal for a cheap price. The active on it is definitely an added bonus. Anyone who thinks it's bad is mistaken.

rumsey

10-03-2011

This thread should be titled "I hate how I can't play draft pick, because I only know one champion :-("

lbgsloan

10-03-2011

Quote:
Mundo isn't as OP as people thought he'd be.
See Riot was smart enough to nip that one in the bud with the 20% healing nerf. You have to buy a SV just to get him up to par. For some reason they though Jax was going to be balanced or something on Dom, despite him being super OP on TT since it came out.

OsirusAnubis

10-03-2011

whats wrong with sotd??

1500 gold gets you the the 60% attack speed. Then you spend 500 on +25 damage, undodgeable attacks, and 30 ARMOR PEN....

this item is great on anyone who doesn't mind attack speed.

not EVERY champ should be able to counter jax. that is why you have a TEAM.

RailSarlin

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darras View Post
Talon. AD skill-based damage. GF jax.
Talons annoy me. :<
Oh you want to attack me? *blink\silence*
FUUUUUUUUUU