I hate Sword of the Divine.

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

10-02-2011

Riot didn't care about TT, so Jax ran unchecked there. With Dominion, I think it is finally overdue to remove the dodge mechanic from the game for good. People complain about Akali, but as said Jax requires one of the most cost-ineffecient items in the game just to HIT HIM.

PrincessDerpy

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
Executioner's whatsit wants a word with you, but everyone forgot it exists? =D
You get stunned to death and die while Jax vamps at half efficiency.

When you're done being stupid, post again.

Weirding

10-02-2011

I just tried a game where I didn't build SotD against Jax.

Well until the end that is. I simply couldn't deal damage to him fast enough without it, and as the only ranged AD carry (Twitch), I HAD to be the one to deal with him in endgame.

I tried. I really did try to not use it. I built an IE then a Bloodrazor, thinking that sheer damage would be alright. But it wasn't -- I could kill Akali without any issue (just wait for her to use Shroud before popping out to attack her) but Jax I simply couldn't hit. Of course he didn't actually have any armor or MR or anything of the sort -- he didn't need it.

It was funny to watch him fight our Master Yi, who built a Frozen Mallet but not a SotD. Jax would kill Yi -- though Yi's Ultimate and Wuju Style active -- and still have 75% health left. I watched the fight once (at the request of Yi who wanted to 1v1 him) and "Dodge!" was spamming off Jax so quickly that there was no room for any damage numbers to be displayed.

Edit: Because I had to waste 2k gold on that TERRIBLE SotD I didn't get to build my Black Cleaver, which meant that I couldn't deal with their Thornmail-wearing Alistar.

Zwalie

10-02-2011

I propose we add a new champion, Xaj! Xaj is immune to all damage from Jax and will automatically stun any Jax player that comes near him. To counter this Jax can buy the new item "Shield of the Mundane" for a mere 2000 gold to ignore this immunity and stun, however Jax will still be vulnerable to the stun whenever a minion/teammate who didn't buy Shield of the Mundane looks at Jax funny. Also, the buff from Shield of the Mundane will only last 8 seconds so if Xaj were to use his Crawl Defense ability to get away you would pretty much be boned. Finally Xaj will totally wipe the floor with Jax even with Shield of the Mundane, it will just be slightly less embarrassing.

SnowBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

it is pretty fail.

CollectiveVolta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

Actually, as far as Im concerned, Sword of the Divine is not really the counter to Jax.

While it might help prevent damage mitigation on your side, it really wont save you from him (assuming equal skill/no gold advantage) unless you are building it being a tanky DPS yourself.

The "true" Jax counters (or how people usually counter him in TT) are Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Malphite, Gragas, and similar AS reduction champions/items.

Frozen Heart + hitting Gragas's barrel can take Jax's AS from 2.2~ (usual fed Jax's top AS) to 1.0~ alone, and if you add Randuin's active to that formula he will be hitting like a drunken wailer for as long as you can keep hitting your AS-debuffing shots.

Malp's ground slam is even worse being a 50% AS debuff for 4s instead of the 40% of Gragas barrel.

But in general if you dont want to counter with champions, getting Frozen Heart + Randuin should be well enough to keep him controlled while still being 2 insanely GREAT cost effective items that will also help counter other champs.

I do agree SotD is a terrible item and if it were my decision I would either remake it, lower the price by a LOT or just take it out of the game completely.

fatguy42

10-02-2011

Jax is THE anti-autoattackers champion. If you're beating him with your AD carry, something is wrong. He should be killing you.

Weirding

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectiveVolta View Post
Actually, as far as Im concerned, Sword of the Divine is not really the counter to Jax.

While it might help prevent damage mitigation on your side, it really wont save you from him (assuming equal skill/no gold advantage) unless you are building it being a tanky DPS yourself.

The "true" Jax counters (or how people usually counter him in TT) are Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Malphite, Gragas, and similar AS reduction champions/items.

Frozen Heart + hitting Gragas's barrel can take Jax's AS from 2.2~ (usual fed Jax's top AS) to 1.0~ alone, and if you add Randuin's active to that formula he will be hitting like a drunken wailer for as long as you can keep hitting your AS-debuffing shots.

Malp's ground slam is even worse being a 50% AS debuff for 4s instead of the 40% of Gragas barrel.

But in general if you dont want to counter with champions, getting Frozen Heart + Randuin should be well enough to keep him controlled while still being 2 insanely GREAT cost effective items that will also help counter other champs.

I do agree SotD is a terrible item and if it were my decision I would either remake it, lower the price by a LOT or just take it out of the game completely.
No offense man, but when I'm playing an AD carry like Twitch there is zero room in my already tight build for a Frozen Heart and an Omen. Especially since Jax is just going to counter a lot of the attack speed slowing effects with his passive + Rageblade.

And I'm the one that has to build the SotD. I'm the one -- as the AD carry -- that has to deal with Jax. He can Leap Strike away from melee champions with ease, and he's usually in MY face anyway. I'm squishy -- he's not. I need to kill him as quickly as possible and defense doesn't help me do that.

Even worse, defense is less-than-useless when fighting Akali or Gangplank. Those guys have to die before they realize that I've come out of stealth and am killing them, because there is NOTHING I can do to escape either of them if they turn their attention to me; Gangplank can Parrley me for half my (incredibly low) health and Akali can't be escaped either way.

So I have to build a SotD to deal with Jax and hope that I can still pump out enough damage to kill Akali and Gangplank before they wipe the floor with my team. It's not a great situation.

CPFalcon

10-02-2011

Jax is so good on Dominion because of the global buff that provides 15% armor pen. Because of that, nearly everyone builds AD/AS and expects to win. This bodes well for Jax with his dodge. But all you really need to counter him is a caster. He can't dodge spells :P
And this from a guy who finds Jax annoying and OP. Just play smarter, sillies.

Luvatar

10-02-2011

I actually enjoy seeing Jax on the enemy side when I play Vayne. SotD makes me able to duel him pretty easily and it's still a pretty good buy on Vayne (I'm stacking AS anyways).

Think of it, ranged AD carries have two of the best counter-items in dominion: SotD for jax and Lightbringer for all of those stealth champs. I've been in games where I get both, which works pretty well considering how it shuts them down.

123456 ... 8