I hate Sword of the Divine.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding

10-02-2011

And by that, I mean I hate having to build it.

It's a terrible item for the price point. The active on it isn't so great in most situations and the "deals 100 magic damage every 4 attacks" is like giving me 25 damage per hit, but it doesn't help any of my skills scale.

Yet I have to build it almost every single game since without it Jax reduces all my damage by ~40%.

So you have this ONE champion based around a mechanic that is pretty much unique to him and him only. Now you have this TERRIBLE item that is designed to "counter" him (it doesn't -- he still blows you up and SotD doesn't stop this) with an active ability that lasts 8 seconds. And this item is pretty much useless against any other champion and is never built unless this ONE champion is on the other team.

Too many thing about Jax are fun-slaying, but this is by far the biggest offender. I hate being forced to build this terrible item just to stand a chance of killing Jax.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

Executioner's whatsit wants a word with you, but everyone forgot it exists? =D

Edit: Clarification for people that think I mean you should use executioner's calling on Jax (AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH) ... Exe calling has the same problem as SOTD, as it's an inefficient/poor use of a slot meant to combat a specific mechanic. It was implemented when healing was a lot stronger and hasn't really been upgraded with all the sustain nerfs, so right now it's an inefficient/frustrating waste of a slot in my eyes - just like SOTD.

Tweek Tweakk

10-02-2011

If ur playing jax i hardly think its a problem to have to buy that. Pretty sure every jax gets fed almost instantly.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

Jax and MF seem to love dodge

haaaaaaaalp

10-02-2011

Agreed. It barely even puts you on even footing against jax and it makes you weak against his allies.

Weirding

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by haaaaaaaalp View Post
Agreed. It barely even puts you on even footing against jax and it makes you weak against his allies.
It doesn't put you on even footing with him. Jax, like most other Assassin-style carries like him, has excellent mobility and burst damage. While you are building a crappy item just so you can, you know, HIT HIM, he is building a Gunblade or Rageblade so he can take you apart.

Then you have the incredibly binary manner in which it works: for 8 seconds you can ignore his passive defense and damage him, but if he is a good player and Leap Strikes AWAY from you he can come back 8 seconds later and do whatever he wants. I mean, it's not like you are going to attack a Jax that can get a Counter Strike proc against you, are you? He will kill you in the space of the stun, and you won't be able to do anything about it.

And yes, it makes you weak against the rest of his team. They don't care about the pitiful damage increase that it provides, and attack speed is the WORST statistic for the majority of AD champions in this game.

Riot has been saying for months that they are going to rework Jax to make him less anti-fun (he can even be frustrating to play -- ever had those games as him where you NEVER seem to get a Counter Strike proc?), but nothing has been seen or heard on the matter.

They have also been saying that they are going to rework the dodge mechanic because it is the only stat that scales exponentially into the endgame (the more damage your enemy gets the better it becomes). Of course, nothing has been seen or heard on that issue either.

Of course the core of the problem is that we are playing capture-and-hold with a roster of champions and items that are meant for Defense of the Ancients. I like Dominion, but it still needs an awful lot of work -- as this issue proves.

Prowess

10-02-2011

Riot needs to make a real item to counter Jax, meaning an item that's viable and beneficial to everyone. Limit it for Dominion of course.

The active should be a debuff that prevents the selected target from dodging for a period of time. Make the combine cost high(1k gold), so if everyone buys it, they'll gimp themselves against other champions. I'm thinking of Ruby crystal+ Kindlegem, general stats that help all champions. If a full team buys the item to counter jax, they essential used 5k gold to do so. The other team can take advantage of that.

When they finally do rework Jax's E and dodge, remove the item. Simple as that.

Our Hero Niko

10-02-2011

Thats why you get casters

i can beat jax with cass fairly easy.

Sorenia

10-02-2011

Stop playing blind pick.

FDru

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
Executioner's whatsit wants a word with you, but everyone forgot it exists? =D
EC is terrible, but it's never actually needed since Ignite not only performs its role, but is an OP truedamage nuke as well so actually is a lot, lot better.

12345 ... 8