Rammus: jungle or lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bill The Bubble

01-13-2011

Hey all, Rammus is my favorite character in LoL, and for ages I just assumed lane was the only way. A little while ago I heard that jungling is the better way to go, bought some armor runes, and tried it out. I didn't really notice a market difference, and in some cases did much worse than I believe I would have in lane. So my question is, do you think that jungling or laning is more powerful on Rammus, and what's your typical early game strategy for whichever one you think is best?

RoflTroll

01-13-2011

Each have its benefits/weakness:
Lane
-Pros - tower taunt, this also prevent enemies from even trying to hit your tower if you have flash.
-Pros - 2 summoner spells as opposed to 1 + smite.
-Cons - lack of SURPRISE! element, and lower gold due less last hitting done safely.

Jungle
-Pros - Can gank people quite well (even if they have ward, proper Powerball charge up will get to them right before you run out), easy/safe gold depending on who's on the other team.
-(maybe Pros) - Because you have Smite, this means a fairly safe dragon/baron finishing.
-Cons - Can be interrupted fairly easily early on, and getting interrupted in jungle really screws you up.
-(maybe Cons) - You are forced to take Smite.

Redenbacher

01-13-2011

I find jungling with Rammus far more effective. When laning, I usually wound up roaming for ganks anyway because Rammus is so good at it - when I started jungling, it just made sense. Powerball in to unsuspecting lane, ping and taunt target for death - target dies.

Rammus also clears the jungle pretty fast, but can't solo dragon. Very rarely do I lane with Rammus now - I'd rather lane with a tank like Malphite or Galio.

Rrbhaunoch

01-13-2011

jungle is the only way to go in my opinion. Better gold, better ganking, plus having one jungle character is a necessity for the extra XP that is gained for the person taking the 2v1 lane. It really has a snowball effect on the game generally!