Chat Glitch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clamon

02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiMyNamesDan View Post
Have you tried deleting and re-adding the friend? I was constantly messaging a friend and he said he was never able to reply.. he deleted and re-added me and then it worked fine.
It happens on many different friends and not all the time. The problem happens on a game-to-game basis, so I can't delete and re-add the friend until after the game, in which case the problem is irrelevant anyway.

Clamon

02-22-2012

Bump

Viiryen

02-22-2012

This was happening to me last night. I had a friend that showed as offline after a game even though I KNEW she was online(we were on Ventrilo together). We tested it out and it seems to be an issue on her end and not mine, because she couldn't talk to multiple people on her friends list and those people could not talk to her or see her online. If I or anyone else sent her a message she would either not see anything but the initial one or not see it at all, and I could not see any response she typed to me.

Everyone else on my friends' list was responding normally. As far as I know, it seems to be more associated with specific people, where one person is "bugged" and appears as such to everyone on their friends' list, but not vice versa.

Neither I nor she have tried removing and re-adding each other, but when next I see her I'll suggest trying this to see if HiMyNamesDan's suggestion works for us.

Klemmp

02-22-2012

bump

Clamon

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viiryen View Post
This was happening to me last night. I had a friend that showed as offline after a game even though I KNEW she was online(we were on Ventrilo together). We tested it out and it seems to be an issue on her end and not mine, because she couldn't talk to multiple people on her friends list and those people could not talk to her or see her online. If I or anyone else sent her a message she would either not see anything but the initial one or not see it at all, and I could not see any response she typed to me.

Everyone else on my friends' list was responding normally. As far as I know, it seems to be more associated with specific people, where one person is "bugged" and appears as such to everyone on their friends' list, but not vice versa.

Neither I nor she have tried removing and re-adding each other, but when next I see her I'll suggest trying this to see if HiMyNamesDan's suggestion works for us.
I have had this type of problem, as well, but what I am talking about is slightly different. I am talking about actually trying to respond to a "whisper" by typing /r when you are in game and your friend is not. I've had a problem responding to multiple friends, and they have had the same problem, too, so I don't think it has to do with one person being bugged. Thanks for the feedback though.

Clamon

02-27-2012

Lol someone actually downvoted the whole first page. Bump

Clamon

02-27-2012

Bump

Clamon

02-28-2012

Bump

Clamon

02-28-2012

Bump

Clamon

02-29-2012

Bump