If Akali Gets Nerfed... :(

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FromageEnroulent

10-02-2011

hextech sweeper doesnt, in any way, counter akali's burst (which is the problem)

akali is balanced in SR because she requires farm to do well
OP said this himself.

what happens if akali gets ridiculous farm in SR? shes gonna **** everyone up with ease, obviously.
well dominion gives her that ridiculous farm for free.

so now we have to build to counter akali. not because we fed her, or let her farm for 20 minutes. just because were playing dominion

no, the champions havent been changed from SR to dom. however, the gameplay has changed drastically. some champions that are balanced in SR because theyre great early/mid game but fall behind late game, are now just plain ****. others who shine mid/late game (assassins/most carries) who were balanced because of their ****ty early game, are now raping in dom.

dom doesnt have an early game. it barely has a mid game. this creates serious balance issues. there are balance issues in SR too, but not nearly as bad as dom.

Vanra

10-02-2011

I agree with OP, nerf Akali and nerf Poppy too.

natethepope

10-02-2011

I don't have a problem with the stealth. With her burst and spell vamp, a good Akali will barely need it.

That said, Akali can't really win games by herself. She's just extremely annoying to deal with.

Killrazor

10-02-2011

so many ways to counter stealth... oracles (really cheap) and two or three items.

Niam Leesin

10-03-2011

She'll be fine when they remove Gunblade from Dominion. =)

Duskofdead

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
I'm just not understanding the logic of the Akali fanclub.

Someone complains "Akali's burst is excessive in Dominion.", and then the next 5 posts are saying "Lol buy Oracles or Sweeper."

Well that'd be all fine and dandy if people were complaining about the stealth. I don't think I've ever seen one person complain about her stealth. It seems like Akali players, in her defense, attempt to derail the flow of the thread by asserting that complainers lose to her because of stealth, when the reality is that her stealth isn't even part of the problem.
Exactly.

People go and create 10 threads a day saying "Akali isn't OP and here's why" and then start condescendingly talking about pink wards.

So what if you can see Akali coming? If you're someone Akali is stalking, you are someone Akali can combo down almost instantly. That's why a lot of people hate her. The people Akali is best suited to murder are people who really can't do a thing to defend themselves. You see her coming, you are behind your turret. Great. You still die almost instantly when she combos.

Pieromancery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

Akali is GOOD on dominion. No denying that, she is powerful. However she is not overpowered nor broken, because she can be easily countered and dealt with. She has no real pushing force, fairly average defence, she's just good at getting a target and bursting it down.

Duskofdead

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieromancery View Post
Akali is GOOD on dominion. No denying that, she is powerful. However she is not overpowered nor broken, because she can be easily countered and dealt with. She has no real pushing force, fairly average defence, she's just good at getting a target and bursting it down.
I'm completely mystified as to why you think the ability to burst down a target doesn't give you enormous pushing power in this game mode.

Solos Chimamire

10-03-2011

Better nerf Akali

Lord Magma

10-03-2011

Basically, early on Akali is very manageable. Build a reveal item, or even take an Orcales Extract if you don't want to spend the money on a full item. Early on her burst is not enough to instantly gib squishies, it is her stealth while she waits for her combo to come back up that usually does people in. If you can see her you'll find out early on she's very squishy as well. And if you can keep her being fed, then she's manageable.

Yes she's a strong Assassin, but that's the point of Assassins. They kill people before they can be killed. If you let her farm up to a full build a lot earlier before everyone else then you need to examine what you're doing and perhaps change it.

Do I think she should be toned down a little? Perhaps. But I'm not sure people appreciate how powerful the 15% Arpen and 5% MPen that the Dominion buff gives is.

1234567 ... 11