If Akali Gets Nerfed... :(

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkaIi Me Maybe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

EDIT: This thread now has new life! Feel free to share opinions/etc. about the gunblade nerf and the change to the metagame!

So since dominion's release, people have been whining incessantly that specific champions are "insanely overpowered" and "broken." But the champions haven't been changed. I am a long time Akali player, and have always felt that, though she's strong, I have been countered plenty of times to know that she's NOT an immovable object.

The reason people complain so much about her, is that in Summoner's Rift, akali is a silent threat. If you feed her early, she will snowball out of control until people end up whining and complaining and "GGing" prematurely. However, if you shut an akali down early game and keep her underleveled, underfarmed, and very few kills on the scoreboard, she is pretty much worthless late game, as she is extremely item dependent.

SO to my point: seeing as dominion has removed the idea of a "lane phase" and has switched over to higher gold + xp gain rates and smaller skirmishes rewarding more and more gold more and more quickly, EVERYONE gets fed just by being in the game. You can't shut down akali's gold farm in dominion because even if she sits on the platform and /j and /t the whole game, she can still come back due to a large gold pool and destroy the team.

The same thing is evident with poppy in dominion. Poppy, as you may know, is INSANELY strong late game. BUT: the reason she was such an underrated carry in summoner's rift is simply because of one thing. POPPY CAN'T FARM OR LANE. With the removal of poppy's delicate laning and farming phase (which would make or break 95% of poppy players), she is also able to accumulate large amounts of gold while completely ignoring her biggest weakness as a character, as farming is irrelevant to the new game type.

So i guess i'm trying to say this: I really don't think Akali is OP in dominion. There have been plenty of resources implemented to counter her; some of the strongest being Lightbringer and Hextech Sweeper to counter her stealth and make her targetable 100% of the time. Not to mention the Oracle is only 250g, which anyone can obtain by standing by a tower for 30 seconds and letting the gold gain get it for you. Also - Akali is EXTREMELY vulnerable to CC and burst. Since she relies so much on spellvamp and lifesteal from the gunblade portion of her build as well as her passive, as soon as she's stunned/silenced/suppressed/etc. she can't be healing back all the damage she's taking by jumping in the middle of teams and towers.

So please, don't nerf her. I have played her for a very long time now and I believe that she's right where she should be in the assassin role. There are plenty of resources provided to shut down any akali, pro or terribad.

Thanks for reading

- Shroom <3

FDru

10-02-2011

People need to actually use the sweeper/lightbringer and I'm pretty sure those whining about Akali do not. I never had too many problems with her either way (other than her ridiculous chasing ability).

AkaIi Me Maybe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

^ EXACTLY!!!
NO one builds lightbringer or hextech sweeper. They counter her SO hard.
All people build in Dominion is all out offensive items to try and get as many kills as possible.

Eroder

10-02-2011

While it is understood that lightbringer/sweeper does indeed break the stealth portion of akali,
I do not think that, the stealth portion of her is what people are complaining about. More or less then large amount of burst and gap closing that she is capable of.

AkaIi Me Maybe

10-02-2011

This is also true. But any hard CC + burst damage will kill her instantly.

Shini Laser

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroder View Post
While it is understood that lightbringer/sweeper does indeed break the stealth portion of akali,
I do not think that, the stealth portion of her is what people are complaining about. More or less then large amount of burst and gap closing that she is capable of.
What people forget is that the use of her Shroud allows her to attack without being counter-attacked as easily. Yes, her burst is high - that is a non-issue. However, without her shroud, she is more susceptible to CC and attacks, which can bend it into the other person's favor.

Eroder

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv 80 Shroomish View Post
This is also true. But any hard CC + burst damage will kill her instantly.
This may be true if accompanied by more than one character,

However how many champs(I am entirely sure that there are some) are actually capable of stunning her, then proceed to burst her down within the duration of said stun(or whatever form of cc)

Along with this, a large portion of the people who seem to complain about Akali, are also the ones who like to run off solo, suicide into towers, don't want to build to counter, or are just trying to cap points like a mad man, because they think the scoreboard proves their worth, while they are being utterly useless

As a disclaimer I'd like to say that I am in no way "QQing" about any champ. I am simply stating that people need to start using those brains of theirs and actually start counter building, or playing more strategically.

Eroder

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
What people forget is that the use of her Shroud allows her to attack without being counter-attacked as easily. Yes, her burst is high - that is a non-issue. However, without her shroud, she is more susceptible to CC and attacks, which can bend it into the other person's favor.
I agree entirely, players just don't actually use this logic however.

Aceilver

10-02-2011

How can people say things are broken? You're playing as the champion obviously they're not broken...

AkaIi Me Maybe

10-02-2011

broken doesn't necessarily mean bad. broken means that the game is unplayable when the character is around.

which i am TRYING to prove... is not true.

12345 ... 11