Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Classic case of BAD Dominion players and defending not rewarded

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GammaEspeon

10-03-2011

Quote:
Volimar:
What's worse is when your team yells at you for defending. Give up two towers after you die in a teamfight and then yell at Heimer even though he's never lost his tower the whole match.

I get this one a lot.

I've actually found AP Teemo to be a ridiculous defender with a couple defensive items. Never thought I'd see myself building Frozen Heart or Thornmail regularly on Teemo, but it's worked out (for me at least, not sure how it stacks up on average). Couple that with Abyssal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass and Rylai's and he gets a good boost to AP while still being quite sturdy. I also usually get Merc Treads too both for the Tenacity and to even out the Armor/MR. Planting shrooms on the nearby health packs and the speed boost, as well as a couple around the point and you have a pretty difficult to penetrate fortress, plus an invisible defender sitting on the point.

Unless there's a good reason to, like recapping a point or I need to guard another because the team runs off like chickens with their heads cut off, I just plop down on bottom and proceed to hold onto it the vast majority of the game. Of course, said headless chickens constantly *****, one of which, despite us winning, claimed I was utterly useless and that the team won a 4v5 and to report me. Funny thing, even with the abysmal personal score for defending, I still placed 3rd, and the person complaining was last by a wide margin (~250 points)

Tank/AP Teemo FTW :3

Eraiel

10-03-2011

Quote:
Tommy Lee Brones:
A lot like SR

You carry your team for 50 minutes and then make a mistake that loses the game, and all the bads that didn't do **** the entire game blame you for the loss.

yeah sure but if that mistake is huge u loose game for yr entire team, and yr team still did smth in that game, u cant carry bots, they must have smth done, but of course using bad words isnt good.

Eraiel

10-03-2011

Quote:
Alden Cross:
Does anyone honestly believe buffs on defense ticks would make people who did not want to defend, defend anyways?

I really believe, but someone said and I agree sometimes sitting in the jungle and defending 3 turrets in one time sometimes better that showing your ass in that turret circle.

Jeepers Creepers

10-03-2011

Don't mind CrackaJack, I've had him as both an ally and an opponent before I moved up in elo. He's not that great and is of the mindset of what you described in your op.

Serpicos

10-03-2011

This just in: The score means **** only the win or loss matters

Serpicos

10-03-2011

Quote:
GammaEspeon:
I get this one a lot.

I've actually found AP Teemo to be a ridiculous defender with a couple defensive items. Never thought I'd see myself building Frozen Heart or Thornmail regularly on Teemo, but it's worked out (for me at least, not sure how it stacks up on average). Couple that with Abyssal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass and Rylai's and he gets a good boost to AP while still being quite sturdy. I also usually get Merc Treads too both for the Tenacity and to even out the Armor/MR. Planting shrooms on the nearby health packs and the speed boost, as well as a couple around the point and you have a pretty difficult to penetrate fortress, plus an invisible defender sitting on the point.

Unless there's a good reason to, like recapping a point or I need to guard another because the team runs off like chickens with their heads cut off, I just plop down on bottom and proceed to hold onto it the vast majority of the game. Of course, said headless chickens constantly *****, one of which, despite us winning, claimed I was utterly useless and that the team won a 4v5 and to report me. Funny thing, even with the abysmal personal score for defending, I still placed 3rd, and the person complaining was last by a wide margin (~250 points)

Tank/AP Teemo FTW :3

My CSB

The enemy team had a heimer, he was easily the best player on their team, he 3'v1 d us 2v1'd us just destroyed us so we just stopped fighting wherever he was defending. He literally held 2 points by himself. We wrecked the rest of his team, then we would come down to try to cap his points but couldn't . His team was raging at him even though he was the only thing stopping us from utterly destroying them. Sometimes people are dumb.

Delifox

10-03-2011

bump

Delifox

10-03-2011

1 more random bump

AlexanderWinge

10-03-2011

Quote:
Eraiel:
I really believe, but someone said and I agree sometimes sitting in the jungle and defending 3 turrets in one time sometimes better that showing your *** in that turret circle.

The best defense is hiding in the shrubs behind the point, near the health pack. So much fun to pick off solo cappers! Good point benefit too...I frequently get 1st or 2nd, and I am assaulting/defending top point 85% of the game.

Delifox

10-04-2011

Quote:
AlexanderWinge:
The best defense is hiding in the shrubs behind the point, near the health pack. So much fun to pick off solo cappers! Good point benefit too...I frequently get 1st or 2nd, and I am assaulting/defending top point 85% of the game.

It's just really easy spot to gank people from, since the options of running routes are very limited and it's bit away from turret range