Classic case of BAD Dominion players and defending not rewarded

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delifox

10-02-2011

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2...ofdominion.png

Now, we were almost winning this game at the end.. We had 3 points captured and it was something like 50-100 scores, I told our team to Start defending especially our evelynn.. But what do they do? Indeed, they go pick fights middle of the map especially our Evelynn was insisting on constantly fighting middle of the "jungle" and trying to cap enemy bases while we already had 3 bases, and constantly kept dying there leaving us short on people defending...

Now.. I was playing the Karthus in this game and I was most of the time defending and nearly all of my Karthus games look the same: Low scores, no much turrets captured or neutralized.. So does that seriously make me the worst player of our team?

Well look again from the damage done.. I was easily dealing most of the damage in our team, why is that? Because I was DEFENDING whole game.. Trying to secure the bases from being taken and I did good job on that, that's why I didn't need to neutralize any points and that's why I didn't need to capture any points because that's what defenders do.. But looking at the scores, it's pretty obvious which type of gameplay is favorited on dominion..

SERIOUSLY RIOT, Show better who is actually defending the points and trying to win the game for team on the scores.....

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2...ofdominion.png

Edit: And since CrackaJack wanted to say that "I was only sitting on the bottom lane killing minions so I had more damage than eve", in this picture you can see that I certainly wasn't just farming minions but instead alot of my damage was directed towards the enemy players. Since I was constantly moving between bot and top and also interrupting enemies trying to get the buff from middle.. http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1435/minionsslain.png

Btw, the enemy sivir was idling most of the game at the bottom lane, which you can see from her creep score.. But even still the bot point closer to our base was nearly whole game controlled by us.. Only the top was constantly being recaptured by enemy team, and defending top is really hard alone when whole your team is dead. :/

CrackaJack

10-02-2011

Karthus does more damage than Eve... and you had bot so you could do damage to creeps.

What a dumb argument.

Delifox

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJack View Post
Karthus does more damage than Eve... and you had bot so you could do damage to creeps.

What a dumb argument.
I was constantly moving between bot and top (also interrupting enemies getting buff from middle), trying to defend the points that needed defending..

What a dumb post without knowing how I was playing..

I don't just sit at the bottom lane whole game..

Edit: But since you insisted.. Here's the minions slain from the game http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1435/minionsslain.png so you can see that quite alot of my damage was directed towards the enemy players..

The enemy Sivir then again was most of the game stay on the bot.. As you can see her creep kills nearly double mine.. But still the bottom side was most of the time controlled by our team..

Knight Solaire

10-02-2011

I know what you mean OP. I was playing my first game with Olaf yesterday, and I dominated. I was carrying so hard, but my team was ridiculous. THEY WOULD NOT DEFEND. As soon as they got top they would go down to get the left point. It was infuriating, no matter how many times I said to defend they just kept going down there and getting killed and losing top well I was trying to run around and defend each point. Naturally I started getting killed because It would be 3v1's on each point.

And the worse part is, Poppy gets #1 and thinks he actually did something even though he lost everypoint and died x10, whereas me who was defending gets 2#. Unfortunately I don't think they can do anything about the point system, it's a good system but it's impossible for the game to know who's actually good and who's not. Yes I was mad

Delifox

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senku1 View Post
Unfortunately I don't think they can do anything about the point system, it's a good system but it's impossible for the game to know who's actually good and who's not. Yes I was mad
Well, I have been asking riot to increase the points awarded from defending since the beta of Dominion... Still looking forward for them actually doing it, because defending points is really huge part of actually winning the dominion. Once you have 3 points, you are already winning.. You don't need to capture more..

Delifox

10-02-2011

bump

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

OP is right. Riot just needs to flat out buff Defense point ticks. Plus increase the radius from tower that awards ticks as well. Stepping a few feet off the point to kill that incoming minion wave shouldn't penalize you points either.

Dumb aggressive play is awarded too many points.

smunk

10-02-2011

Yep. The scoring system rewards non-winning behavior, much like they said it would if they were to reward "achievement" actions on SR.

You get +80 points for every point you convert, even if only for a second. While defending gives random +5s here and there. It's similar to how tanks are rewarded with "low" scores on SR. It's a role you must perform, but you end up looking bad because of it.

When I run around like everyone else converting points like I have ADD, my score skyrockets but we lose, obviously. When I play smart and defend my points are terrible and we win, and of course everyone then mocks the low-point player who just helped secured your win.

Delifox

10-02-2011

Ironically enough btw, one of the best ways to defend isn't to sit under a turret but instead middle of couple bases so you can quickly switch to the any turret that requires defending at the given time..

But that doesn't award you points at all and would be next to impossible to have system for that.. :P

But I'd say as far as to say that you should get defending points from standing within half way to next turret (if your team owns the nearby turret) and that way basically have large points around the map to earn defensive points.. Because that's usually the radius where defenders move.. And if those areas were to be circles (also including the area within "jungle"), they wouldn't overlap other points.. And you would start earning defensive points by every 10 second you stand within those zones

Basically something like this:

lbgsloan

10-02-2011

Had a game as Shen where I ended up with like 27 assists or something. Yet people were screaming at me for being 'useless' because my score was the lowest.

I'll say it again Riot, remove personal score and suddenly this mode would become 10 times more tolerable.