What IS Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baihu

10-02-2011

Just occurred to me...what race is Jax and why haven't we really seen any others that look like him?

He's probably not a human just wearing a weird multi-eyed mask; because he has two toes on each foot and three fingers on each hand.

The only other place you see that multi-eye look on a champion is on Yi's mask, but that's really a mask and he's most likely humanoid in the normal sense.

But the Noxian soldiers also have multiple eye style masks. I read the lore on it that it was based on the armor of an ancient Noxian General who wore that kind of armor and then challenged Boram Darkwill once for leadership but died. They honored him by having the Noxian armor basically based on his armor.

Jax being a soldier-for-hire, I guess it's possible he's a Noxian in the past, or at least, his race comes from around Noxus (Noxus is actually mostly underground, Jax looks almost like a humanoid subterranean kind of thing).

ZeruFenrir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

I would assume he is human, and just binds his hands/feet that way.

LancerXXX

10-02-2011

Nobody knows or really cares, he was a nobody before he joined the League, and, like most champions, is pretty darn tight-lipped about his past.

Tristan Trades

10-02-2011

He's a cyclops! Imagen what he could do if he had two eyes!

BraveryBeyond

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu View Post
The only other place you see that multi-eye look on a champion is on Yi's mask, but that's really a mask and he's most likely humanoid in the normal sense.

But the Noxian soldiers also have multiple eye style masks. I read the lore on it that it was based on the armor of an ancient Noxian General who wore that kind of armor and then challenged Boram Darkwill once for leadership but died. They honored him by having the Noxian armor basically based on his armor.

Jax being a soldier-for-hire, I guess it's possible he's a Noxian in the past, or at least, his race comes from around Noxus (Noxus is actually mostly underground, Jax looks almost like a humanoid subterranean kind of thing).
Yi's mask was confirmed by a red post that it was made by Heimerdinger. It's used to see in multiple spectrums, specifically in Yi's case to be able to still see while moving at high velocities (ala Alpha Strike) but can also help see in multiple other spectrums of light. Seeing as the Noxian helm commonly has four to six(?) slitted eyes while Jax's mask has seven goggle-esque lenses -- much more like Master Yi's set -- I would say it's more likely that he was bestowed a pair of the infamous Bandle City type. It makes sense, seeing as being able to go infra-red or night vision on the fly would be extremely beneficial for a mercenary.

NoOneRuIeZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

Do you guys realize that lore is all made up, right? Why would Jax's race matter? I feel like you guys are taking the lore like a history class or something...

edit: This thread has now been moved from General Discussion to Lore Discussion. Ignore this post.

Poruku

10-02-2011

I've always imagined what jax had on his face to represent the rest of his body. He is a black and human like form with those strange blue dots covering him. He stays fairly covered up though so people don't see him in his black and blue form.

Termor

10-02-2011

isnt it obvious? jax is duke nukem

Birdy51

10-02-2011

I think he's a young manbaconian, the shop keepers race. Afterall, he's a master of weapons, and what are they selling him?

EmptyEternity

10-02-2011

I stand by my 'Jax is Ashram' theory.