Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Twitches Items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

06-09-2010

Twitch caps his attack speed at 40% when he comes out of stealth and ults.

Why would you want to build more attack speed then 40%?

You haven't answered that yet.

Quote:
Wilvanis:
You're still talking, still throwing insults, still not contributing. Griefing. Stop.

Telling people that other's advice is bad is contributing.

Griefing has nothing to do with that. What you are doing could be considering griefing: Intentionally ruining another player's gameplay experience.

RiotFluf

VP of People

06-09-2010

If you're goal is play twitch optimally against capable opponents then your need to optimize your build around doing as much damage as possible in team fights. As others have mentioned, you do not need to build any attack speed, as you will likely have ambush and your ult up when it counts, and even if you don't, slower more powerful attacks are almost always better (people move around too much to make attack speed as useful as damage/crit).

With that in mind:
Doran's Shield
Basic Boots
(avarice blade) - if you're not farming well there is nothing wrong with getting one or two
Infinity Edge (damage first)
1-2 crit capes + green pot (keep green pot up as much as possible)

From there if the other team is stacking armor grab a Last Whisper. If you have a lot of physical DPS on your team, Black Cleaver can be extremely effective (you can apply it to an entire enemy team with your ult. Brutalizer is another great item for the damage, cooldowns and armor pen. I also try to slot a vampiric scepter in before team fights start, as you can regen an incredible amount of life in a team fight if you are hitting multiple opponents, and late game build it into a bloodthirster (note if someone on your team is building a starks you don't need your own scepter).

Per the above, you always want to keep armor pen in mind as well. Most Champions end up with ~80 armor. I recommend at least Red armour pen runes, and the offensive mastery. That will get you to ~25 armor pen. Hopefully someone on your team built a starks, which lowers it another 20.

Picking your fights, timing and positioning are the most important aspects to playing twitch well. He has the highest damage potential on any champ in the game, but is also very squishy and requires a lot of patience and practice to be effective.

As an aside, you rarely see Twitch in high ELO games (I can't remeber when I last saw one, it's been weeks). With the current metagame, team fights are often highly mobile, littered with healers, kiting and janna ults, which makes it very difficult for twitch to make effective use of his ult. The other challenge is that twitch is pretty weak early game until he farms some damage. Most higher ELO games are decided in the first 15-20 minutes. That said a farmed twitch against a team without hard counters like Janna.disablers can absolutely dominate a game if it goes long enough.

Lawful

06-09-2010

Quote:
Wilvanis:
While I won't comment on your kill/death ratio (esp #2), i WILL say that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these builds is contained within the build I suggested- bloodrazor, infinity, last whisper, every single item you've got (except 1 vampiric scepter) was suggested by me before Car and the friends he dispatched started giving me grief.

Face it. The build I suggested is perfectly viable, works for me, and apparently works for others as well. Not really sure why Car and his friends are still coming after me trying to claim that Twitch should never get more than 1 attack speed item (because any other alternative leads directly to what I suggested. so be careful not to start contradicting yourself here).

Especially in 2 is why? lol, there are two twitches in the teams, don't confuse me with the enemy one.

Anyways no and no again, watch your build again, it starts from Zeal and ****, thats gold wasted , sword of ocult and all, yes thats useless, you only build a infinity by endgame while you should of had it since long ago and meldting faces, as you notice, the games did not drag over 45 minutes, which is around exactly the time you get your infinity with those builds, how useful is it then? Not much, you only get the chance to push once with it and if your team wasn't carried by someone better than you until now, the game probably wouldn't of even lasted this much.

Lawful

06-09-2010

Quote:
Wilvanis:
Zeal to phantom, whisper, mobility, sword of the divine/bloodrazor/infinity/wit's end/black cleaver.

If you seriously have a problem with that then you just don't understand the champion and I'm tired of trying to teach a stubborn kid.

Phantom 3400
Whisper 2000
Mobility 1000
Sword of the Divine 2100

= 9000~9500 gold (500~1000 for potion/wards cost)

So there you go, thats a whole freakin 9000+ gold to waste, in most games you won't even get that much before they end, where is your infinity may i ask? Right! nowhere.
So as i said, you ain't getting it until very late game , which is a bad result.

Your clean aspd with it is 2.0, which is too high.
Your damage with that is 116, good luck hitting for 60-70 per hit on the enemies.
So yet again, why is your build bad? Cause against good teams:
1. You won't even get to collect all the gold you need
2. You won't do any damage to them cause they bought armor items for twitch.
3. They have oracles and your squishy with your build.
4. You can't do smack with that dmg even against squishies endgame.

When considering a build , you have to first limit your gold amount to the possible farmed in a match, not by some dreamy amounts that you'll never get in a real game.

But wait, why am i bothering? Just whatever, hope to meet you in a match and show you how useless you are, but wait! With builds like that...mid-high elo? Right..

ilovetolmao

06-09-2010

Quote:
Wilvanis:
still? i'm sorry, who are you again? "still" implies you've been contributing to this argument all along- which you have not.

"still" implies that i've been reading this thread and still haven't gotten a clear answer for my question. It doesnt matter if I haven't contributed to the argument. Just answer the question.

Quote:
Wilvanis:

vid please! we'd all like to see that.

I dont record my games, and I don't even play twitch anymore. If you seriously don't believe me, that is funny. Its easy to be hitting 600-800 late game with twitch. ON CHAMPIONS.

Quote:
Wilvanis:

screenshot please! sounds impressive.

As I said, I dont play twitch anymore and im too lazy to do it. It's not hard to think about it though. While atk speed twitches are buying all their items, I rush an IE. I have noticed that above 58%ish you crit much more consistently. Once I have an IE, im critting for 200-300 on other champions. You dont need a screenshot to know thats very possible.

Quote:
Wilvanis:

just to confirm, you're saying you've had attack speed twitches initiate and only get 2 hits in, while you with slower attack speed got 4 hits in? just making sure i understand what you mean.

I mean they die after i shoot them 4 times. They are still hitting me throughout this time, but their 100-150 dmg per hit is hardly intimidating.

Quote:
Wilvanis:

...are you talking to me? if so, have you read everything?

Yes. Ive read through the entire thread, but I may have missed it. Either way, Id rather you answer me instead of making me read through 6 pages of text again. A team that wastes all their cc when a twitch is around is either dumb or really low elo. I dont understand how you dont take damage in a teamfight, when they should obviously be focusing you.

Also, AD twitch is much more of a teamplayer. Even if he doesnt survive a teamfight, he only needs to get a few shots off and the entire enemy team is crippled.

Wilvanis

06-18-2010

Quote:
ilovetolmao:
"still" implies that i've been reading this thread

stop right there. if you weren't one of the initial people asking for advice on this forum, then all you did was jump on a train you saw a ton of people on already. you have MORE than enough information on this thread already and obviously don't actually want help from me, so all i'm saying is you don't get the right to say, "still."

Quote:
ilovetolmao:
I dont record my games, and I don't even play twitch anymore. If you seriously don't believe me, that is funny. Its easy to be hitting 600-800 late game with twitch. ON CHAMPIONS.

you're right. it is funny.

Quote:
ilovetolmao:
As I said, I dont play twitch anymore and im too lazy to do it.

then why did you claim to want help with a twitch question? seems to me you were just joining in on the dogpile.

Quote:
ilovetolmao:
Yes. Ive read through the entire thread, but I may have missed it. Either way, Id rather you answer me instead of making me read through 6 pages of text again.

fail.

Quote:
ilovetolmao:
Also, AD twitch is much more of a teamplayer. Even if he doesnt survive a teamfight, he only needs to get a few shots off and the entire enemy team is crippled.

what's your point?

Wilvanis

06-18-2010

lol, first of all, LOVE that you're still going on this. i'll bite.
second, LOVE that your post was edited, can't get past spell check eh??

Quote:
Lawful:
Phantom 3400
Whisper 2000
Mobility 1000
Sword of the Divine 2100

= 9000~9500 gold (500~1000 for potion/wards cost)

So there you go, thats a whole freakin 9000+ gold to waste

man are you right, boots are a TOTAL waste. if twitch buys no boots, that's a whole 'nother slot you can put IE into!

(since i can tell you're not the type of person that picks up on this sort of thing, that was sarcasm)

Quote:
Lawful:
in most games you won't even get that much before they end, where is your infinity may i ask? Right! nowhere.

you're being REALLY redundant bro. i included IE in my build, not sure why you're still trying to make a point of this... except to get the last word in.

Quote:
Lawful:

3. They have oracles and your squishy with your build.

you're*

as for gold collection, you could say that about ANY match. sometimes max gold happens. often, it doesn't. get a phantom dancer before then, and build your IE when you can. it should NOT be the first thing you buy.

bro, you are wasting your breath. the build i suggested is perfectly viable and includes almost all of the items you are pressing for, the only thing you're disagreeing with is me not agreeing with you. total fail.

Wilvanis

06-18-2010

Quote:
Lawful:
Not much, you only get the chance to push once with it and if your team wasn't carried by someone better than you until now, the game probably wouldn't of even lasted this much.

wouldn't have*
dude, you have some very bogus grammatical skills. that's like grade school english.

ANYWAY, i AM the team carry if you've never solo'd an ENTIRE TEAM OF 5, then you should try my build and get back to me

Wilvanis

06-18-2010

Quote:
Carados:
Telling people that other's advice is bad is contributing.

*others'

there, since i assisted you grammatically, i am contributing
furthermore, my advice isn't bad. thanks for playing!

Lawful

06-18-2010

Necrothreads ftw.