Twitches Items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilvanis View Post

i suppose this looks good on paper, but i do not find it to be true myself. midgame is usually where i shine.

i could use a little enlightenment on what you mean here, do you suggest going for infinity earlier than i suggested? it's a weapon i would LOVE to have ASAP, but i find a quick zeal or sotd is easier to pop in and out of the shop with and thus spend more time feeding with superior weapons- rather than waddling around with a long sword and thousands more gold to go at level 11. however, i can not disagree that such a build will rip ALL champs up at that stage. perhaps my build is just suited more to late-game ganks than yours.
Indeed, i rush infinity earlier than i complete my boots in most cases, and boots first if the game isn't going as well as planned, at that point i just have BF.Pick and boots complete.

The general idea is to have your infinity ready by minute 20~25, which is quite possible, while having two avarice blades in your inventory to severely boost your ciritical rate (yet again, there is a poor variety of good critical rate gear)
I pick avarices for easier farming, they are relative cheap, help you kill off minions alot faster since you are constantly doing 150 damage criticals while lanning and you can get your first by minute 3-4 and your second by minute 6-8 while also having a Dorans shield in your inventory for survivability, i always suggest having a Dorans shield over blade, the 4% lifesteal is worse than the 8 regen, also if you've got flat HP quints, that will give you a good upperhand against other squishies that you hold your mid against, for example ash, generally most Ash'es go with either a vampiric scepter or ragegrowth, while you have 210 health higher than them at base level, you can easily overpower them at level 1 , if you have explunge at that then its even faster, but rarely that happens since people do not tend to risk their early game and go in for a all out battle, but if they do, you should pick exhaust and cleanse as your summoner spells just for that case, exhaust will give you a huge advantage and cleanse will rid you of enemy ignite/exhaust if they get any funny ideas.
I see alot of twitches cry on the forums that Ash overpowers them, that is a no-no my friends, if your getting overpowered by ash, then you are doing something wrong, she is by default your most tasty target that will not be able to struggle much, if your holding mid against ash, then consider yourself blessed. Much worse alternatives like Katarina or Sivir are always possible.

I could generally suggest several builds for Twitches, i've tried them myself and they worked well enough.

1. Dorans
2. Avarice Bladex1 or x2 (depending how well you've farmed)
3. Butalizer
4. LW
5. boots
5. Brutalizer+Avarice into Yomma

And the rest is to your choice really, with a brutalizer+LW you will already have a very good DPS output for mid game that works just as well against squishies and as semi tanks.

Other Possible combinations are:

1. Dorans
2. x1~x2 Avarice
3. B.F.
4. Boots
5. infinity
6. Complete boots
7. LW

Rest is to your choice, thats pretty much a mid game build , its more expenssive than the ghostblade build so you will have it later in but its more effective i've found out.

People claim that brutalizer+LW is the best DPS output possible at the most cheap price and i do agree, also your Yomma will enable you to have very high attack speed with its special ability and let you reach 2.0+ easily for a few seconds to wrech chaos in the enemy lines.

Another possible variatios are like starks, berserks and all but well i don't find those much impressive anymore, times changed and builds did aswell, earlier a malady was the core item for a twitch but now its considered ****.

EDIT: Bleh, there i almost gave away all the secrets to being a good twitch in this thread, lol

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilvanis View Post
i agree with everything you said here bro. we should brainstorm together sometime.
You like doubt my credibility then say that? lol, get your act together.

Wilvanis

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
EDIT: Bleh, there i almost gave away all the secrets to being a good twitch in this thread, lol
Glad you did this was a great learning experience for all involved, and I'm glad to have traded ideas with you. Again, multiple excellent points in this one.

Wilvanis

06-08-2010

Quote:
lol, get your act together.
my ACT is FABULOUS, THANK YOU.

Wilvanis

06-08-2010

Quote:
(...)at level 1 , if you have explunge at that then its even faster, but rarely that happens since people do not tend to risk their early game and go in for a all out battle, but if they do, you should pick exhaust and cleanse as your summoner spells just for that case, exhaust will give you a huge advantage and cleanse will rid you of enemy ignite/exhaust if they get any funny ideas.
this is something i have never considered before, and will take note of. thanks.

gallantgreg

06-08-2010

First of all I would like to say I have under 40 games with Twitch so I'm not the best guy to give advice, although perhaps slightly better than the people giving advice who have never used him.

I find building Avarice Blades to be a huge waste of time. Maximum 1 and only if you plan to get Ghostblade later. Even so buying one will delay your core items by long time.

I like to get Dorans Shield, first Boots and Recurve Bow as early as possible while maxing Expunge first. This helps your early game because Expunge doesn't scale well into lategame. Almost no one will have serious armor at this point so I get an IE/Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver next and then finish Last Whisper. After that buy according to the game.

Stacking AS is bad because just Last Whisper is enough and Expunge gets less useful lategame. However don't expect to damage tanks in team battles. Your AS buffs are pretty much useless by the time all the other targets are dead and although your stealth has a low cooldown you have to remain stealthed for a while for the AS boost to last long enough to take out a tank. It is nowhere near as reliable as Tristana's AS boost and you will be running away alot. Alot of people who have not played him seriously overestimate his AS boosts.

JamesXOXOXO432

06-08-2010

edit

Lawful

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallantgreg View Post
First of all I would like to say I have under 40 games with Twitch so I'm not the best guy to give advice, although perhaps slightly better than the people giving advice who have never used him.

I find building Avarice Blades to be a huge waste of time. Maximum 1 and only if you plan to get Ghostblade later. Even so buying one will delay your core items by long time.

I like to get Dorans Shield, first Boots and Recurve Bow as early as possible while maxing Expunge first. This helps your early game because Expunge doesn't scale well into lategame. Almost no one will have serious armor at this point so I get an IE/Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver next and then finish Last Whisper. After that buy according to the game.

Stacking AS is bad because just Last Whisper is enough and Expunge gets less useful lategame. However don't expect to damage tanks in team battles. Your AS buffs are pretty much useless by the time all the other targets are dead and although your stealth has a low cooldown you have to remain stealthed for a while for the AS boost to last long enough to take out a tank. It is nowhere near as reliable as Tristana's AS boost and you will be running away alot. Alot of people who have not played him seriously overestimate his AS boosts.
You will have to redo your math, buying avarices only speeds up the proces of getting your core items and it also benefits them, i cannot fathom enough how much of a impact those 25% critical rate have on your character when you are wielding a infinity edge, rathern than those 0.30 attack speed from a recurve, neither are they a waste of money since two avarices easily compensate for a recurve bow in DPS but you also get the extra gold per time faster thus it easing up your creep farm by alot, by minute 30 all the gold spent on avarices is regained only by their passives, and you can sell them or turn them into something benefiting to get even more out of them.

And yes you only have 49 games with Twitch behind your back, its still too early for you to critique builds from more experienced players, and i see that your builds are just assumptions in thin air but not with actual math convictions and yes i've also started out with my first builds being AS reliant on Twitch with either Malady or Recurve but as you see i'm not suggesting those anymore, does that ring any bell?

Carados

06-08-2010

You're ****ing dumb if you want to build Twitch in such a way that when he should be doing the most damage, he is doing almost zero because all of your damage items are wasted.

And attack speed doesn't help in ganks. The enemy is going to move away from you.

Twitch only needs 40% attack speed to cap out. If you spend that on anything other then a Last Whisper, you are terrible at this game. Attack Speed Twitch is one of, if not, the worst damage builds in this game.

Temlam

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You're ****ing dumb if you want to build Twitch in such a way that when he should be doing the most damage, he is doing almost zero because all of your damage items are wasted.

And attack speed doesn't help in ganks. The enemy is going to move away from you.

Twitch only needs 40% attack speed to cap out. If you spend that on anything other then a Last Whisper, you are terrible at this game. Attack Speed Twitch is one of, if not, the worst damage builds in this game.
forget logical arguements, extremely valuable opinions and carefully worded excellence. The fact carados thinks ad is better than as makes me change my mind :P

And the enemy is unlikely to move away from you because of debilitating poison btw, unless they are a champ with such a skill like kass, corki, akali, shaco