Twitches Items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2010

everybody here plays twitch wrong.

the correct way is 1 sorceror's boots and 5 sunfire capes. Then never leave stealth.

>.>

(P.S I actually did this once...it was worthless against champions but it was funny to watch Heimer stare in pure confusion as his turrets all mysteriously evaporated; also it allows you to push lanes without the enemy knowing)

Wilvanis

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzseen View Post
with whomever
just for that, +1.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzseen View Post
Lawful, I don't know who you are and I haven't been keeping up with your little squabble with whomever. But that was an incredibly rude post which added nothing to the discussion and was merely an attack on someone voicing his opinion. -1
cry me a river baby, like **** i care
If you want to hear feeble lady talk then you ain't in the right place or at the right time.

I ain't gonna repeat myself politely to some idiot thats trying to pick apart every of my posts and play kindergarden.

Wilvanis

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blugyblug View Post
Hmm..I changed my build a bit after listening to advice...

Vamp Scepter
Pickaxe
Boots 1
Recurve Bow
Boots 2 (Treads)
Madreds Bloodrazor
BF sword
Bloodthirster
some points to remember: you don't just get attack speed from ambush, you get net stealth time! at level 1, your stealth spell is BARELY enough to stalk the enemies' bushes and return in time. by its max level, you can (feasibly) spend more time in stealth than out of it- although this is not always recommended.

maxing stealth is nice when there are NO OTHER STEALTH champs on your team (akali, shaco, eve, teemo)... but if there ARE, you will surely face wards or worse. if that's the case, go for expunge (ESPECIALLY if you are mid. stealth is nice for ganking a level 1 kill behind ashe, but if they're wise to your tricks, just go for the range of Expunge and hug turrets when you have to) and, if you use ignite, i recommend NOT falling prey to the ignite fallacy... the ignite talent gives you 10 ability power when ignite is on cooldown- NOT good for twitch! as 10 ability power is useless any almost any point in the game (good luck getting a kill with this at level 3- it's doable, but you have better options), what's worse is that twitch only has 1 spell that seriously benefits from it. go ahead an use ignite on twitch if you want (single-target spell ftw; rally if you want to try your luck with multi-target) but avoid wasting a point on this talent.

to this end, not a bad build. i ESPECIALLY like combining Razor with Last Whisper when i face a tanky team. the extra speed gets you some nice procs (see: black cleaver, wit's end, sword of the divine, IE) plus all that HP+armorpen is a REAL tank-eater (and, lol, you should SEE what it does to corki/gangplank). you see the razor on some melee champs, but don't be afraid to spring for it on twitch if you face a team with panth, warwick, mundo and malphite.

interesting build!

Wilvanis

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
cry me a river baby, like **** i care
If you want to hear feeble lady talk then you ain't in the right place or at the right time.

I ain't gonna repeat myself politely
nothing you have said has been polite, please find another thread

Lithinz

07-09-2010

i go:
fort pot + 3 health pots + 1 mana pot
3x avarice blades (t1 boots in between)
inf edge
t1 boots to merc threads
upgrade one of the avarice blades to ghostblade
either black cleaver, phantom dancer or defensive item depending on their team and how much you get focused.

Wilvanis

07-09-2010

oh lol and lol there's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Tiamat isn't your worst choice yet actually, getting two isn't half bad on someone like Twitch for example, a Tiamat has a pretty decent price, 42 AD and 15 Hp/4MP regen for 2000 gold, a BF sword gives you 50 AD for 1850 gold, its pretty close to those standarts and you only pay up 200g for the extra regen.

Plus cause the special ability isn't unique, they actually stack and you can dish out quite some AoE damage.
so, lawful, you are saying stacking TWO tiamats is better than putting a Sword of the Diving (for dodge-eating versus warwick and so on) plus a black cleaver?

just curious to see your logic. can you show me some math?

D2Freak

07-09-2010

To end this stupid discussion:

Early game twitch actually benefits from AS items, but not to long.
All skills maxed out give u capped AS (2.5) if u get one item with 40% IAS.
Zeal is an excellent item on twitch.
IE or black cleaver are great items on twitch.
Phantom dancer sucks on twitch. It's a good item, but there are better cheaper items for twitch. He does not benefit from the dodge increase, cause he remains way to squishy.

Now, i am somewhere in mid elo i think. At least i am in an elo where, if a twitch enters a game, he gets focused and ppl get wards/oracles to fok up his early/mid game. So he wont be such a threat late game.
U need expunge lvl 4 to do the same damage per hit as a BF sword. Let's say u hit a champ 6 times (max expunge) which isn''t to hard thanx to twitches slow.

@ lvl 8 u would hit the enemy champ (assuming same rune/masterie setup) for 6 * 77 (462) + expunge (120 + 300). Cause u have AS items u will get in 1 or 2 more shots (144 damage). I mean, u should have noticed just 40% ias doesnt make u hit that much faster.

Total : 882 (maybe + 144) = 1026 damage.

@ lvl 8 with BF sword u would hit for 6 * 127 = 762. + expunge = 420

Total = 1182 damage.

In short, u can see that with BF and only 6 hits + full expunge, i do more damage then with 8 hits AS build and full expunge. What if i cant get 6 hits in without the extra AS? Let's say i get 6 hits with AS and 5 with AD.

Total damage AS: (6 * 77 + 420 exp) 882
Total damage AD: (5 * 127 + 370) = 1005

As u can see it is way more usefull to get AD first and then an AS item. I prefer zeal cause it gives me AS, CC and MS for little money. Ok, it builds into phantom which isnt to great on twitch. But critting with 127 AD is better then critting with just 77 AD.

So, there it is, you can get all AS you want, but build ur AD item first. Else it's just a waste of time. In game, as we all know, you wont have unlimited time to shoot enemies. Usually they run back so you can only get a few shots in. I think it is wise to maximize the potential of every shot. Getting +50 AD will make every shot count.
I've seen some AS twitches mid game ambushing an enemy champ, getting out of stealth, SnP a champ and after expunge he still has half his health left. getting an AD item will make sure he does not survive.

Wilvanis

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithinz View Post
i go:
fort pot + 3 health pots + 1 mana pot
3x avarice blades (t1 boots in between)
inf edge
t1 boots to merc threads
upgrade one of the avarice blades to ghostblade
either black cleaver, phantom dancer or defensive item depending on their team and how much you get focused.
hey! i have heard many gospel the truths of the fort potion early game. have you used it effectively? against whom and when, and how did it go for you?? this is a strategy i have NEVER tried and have been curious about. i hear it's a good way to jumpstart your game, but i'm nervous about not having an early item on my side.

also, about your defensive suggestion: this is EXTREMELY situational (and i have only done it to replace my zeal->dancer for last item once or twice) but did you know activating Guardian Angel does NOT BREAK STEALTH? that means if yi or sion is chasing you down (meaning you can not get stealth because you are being targeted in melee range) and you manage to spurt off an ambush before you die, YOU REVIVE STILL STEALTHED? if your opponent does not have wards or oracles nearby, you will return to life in steath and get away with no foul, free to backdoor, gank, or expunge for the quad kill (if you have lots of poisons up in range). got my first-ever quad kill with twitch this way

Wilvanis

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Freak View Post
To end this stupid discussion:
@ lvl 8 u would hit the enemy champ (assuming same rune/masterie setup) for 6 * 77 (462) + expunge (120 + 300). Cause u have AS items u will get in 1 or 2 more shots (144 damage). I mean, u should have noticed just 40% ias doesnt make u hit that much faster.

Total : 882 (maybe + 144) = 1026 damage.

@ lvl 8 with BF sword u would hit for 6 * 127 = 762. + expunge = 420

Total = 1182 damage.
thanks for the math! does this work for everyone? i, too, use Zeal only early game (in conjunction with teleport-in-stealth, means you get extra lasthit speed+crit by level 3 before your lane even NOTICES you're gone). once, i even SOLD the freaking thing endgame for a better slot. i find Zeal to be VERY useful earlygame and VERY replacable endgame, especially once you have the crit from IE.