IP farming

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geryth

06-07-2010

So I've found that the easiest way to farm IP is to practice game a 1v1 with heimer. I can end it in around the 13-15 minute mark, that's 204 IP an hour, no queue dodgers and no 1 hour games that turn to losses.

Any other heroes you think would be more efficient?

Sr Kundo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

You can only play 3 practice games in a row to recieve IP, after that it stops.

Varmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykaeus View Post
In a day I believe

Varmin

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by geryth View Post
So I've found that the easiest way to farm IP is to practice game a 1v1 with heimer. I can end it in around the 13-15 minute mark, that's 204 IP an hour, no queue dodgers and no 1 hour games that turn to losses.

Any other heroes you think would be more efficient?
Play Ezreal/soraka/janna/shen/jax.

Finish 5v5 around the 13-15 minute mark. That's ~480 IP an hour. No queue dodgers and no 1 hour games that turn to losses.

ericdabbs

06-07-2010

Lykaeus is right. You can't play unlimited practice games in a day and expect to receive IP on all of them. When I was new at this game, I would play practice game over and over and I noticed I didn't get IP after a while.

OP attempt at IP farming fail.

Organic Chem

06-07-2010

Master Yi is the best character to farm IP. I have won a game in 11 minutes 3 seconds before. The best bot to face is soraka. A summoner spell to bring is teleport. Your second one could be heal or something.

Once the game starts, buy a dagger and kill the first six minions on the middle lane. Then teleport to the bottom lane and kill the minions there. You should be level three. You should have about 10 minions behind you and can damage the bottom tower to half health. Now you just slowly push the bottom lane until you destroy the inhibator. Once you get to around level 10-11, recall and buy malady and an elixer or other attack speed gear. Then teleport to a friendly minion on the enemy bass. Wait for an opening and highlander both enemy towers and eventually the nexus. Congratulations, you just won in about 12 minutes.

The only problem with farming is that it can only be done 4 times a day below level 10 but its an easy 200xp/ip.

Also if you win too fast like below 11 minutes i think, you get nothing. So don't dominate too fast.

Edit: I've never done this with 5v5 bots and haven't played practice with real people in a while, but does 5v5 give more xp/ip? If so then do that and ignore what I said on top. Or just enjoy the game and play because farming is freaking boring.

Geryth

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykaeus View Post
Well that blows. :P

Pokemaster

Recruiter

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by geryth View Post
Well that blows. :P
No, you suck

WindowsMillenium

06-07-2010

The champion that is the MOST fun to do it in 11min would be Kat. Doran's Blade + health pot (Smite/tele). Go to the middle lane wraith camp. Farm that, kill mid wave, port top wave. Kill Yi for FB, proceed to push and farm. First tower should be down ~5-6min. When the cooldown on tele is up, either die or BP back. Purchase boots and a Rageblade. You should have the inhib down by ~8-9min. Kill Yi just about every time he is up. Don't chase, if he gets low and runs back. Give him a second or two to get out of screen and he will BP at that very spot. Easiest kill ever. I've had a few <11min games by accident. If you are over lvl 11 as a summoner then alt+f4. Wins under 11min always count towards your 4 game limit for that 23hour time period.

Other champions that are quite competent (with same summoner spells) are Sivir and Soraka. Similar play style except you don't need to do those wraith camps. I just do that for fun on kat anyways. That and to shutdown Yi so I can farm him faster.

Vendur

06-07-2010

Yi is the fastest I've seen. I actually managed to do one with (no runes btw) in 8 minutes 40 seconds.