@Riot "...you are not eligible for the RP refund."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

g h z t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Let me Explain you my Situation first.

I've played around 20+ matches on a friend's Mac with my account at a Lan party, since I'm migrating from my old laptop(30 fps) to a MacBookPro (60fps) not only for gaming but for college purposes.

Now I only own a Macbookpro, and I've spent a considerable amount of RP on my account. With more then 2k games played (mayority on PC) im Unable to play on my Mac.

(I know you can modify a file to be able to play, but i didn't even get to download the client and it isn't a long term solution from any update made for the game.)

I've contacted the Support and they responded with a copy/paste awnser. Conctacted support again explaining my situation and got another format response. (Same as other people been posting.)

My Third attempt i got this response.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Summoner,

Thank you for contacting me. We recently sent out the e-mail for our Mac Beta players regarding only the RP Refund Program (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ement.php?f=31). I am very sorry, but if you did not receive this e-mail by now, it has been confirmed that you are not eligible for the RP refund.

If you did receive the e-mail regarding RP refunds, a second e-mail confirmation will be sent to you to confirm the receipt of this refund. I am sorry, but I do not have a time table of when this e-mail will be sent out.

The Champion Bundle will also be given out sometime later. It is not included with either of these e-mails, but will be referenced to in the future. Again, I apologize, but I do not any additional information as to when or how you will redeem your Champions Bundle.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Chipteck
Riot Support Team
------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not able to play anymore...

I'm Stuck on Limbo....

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

10-01-2011

You can play with my client, you can grab it at www.Boompje.net

Cybreal

10-01-2011

Are you mad that you didn't get the refund? You don't meet the requirements so why would they give you the refund?

Ediwir

Wrenchman

10-01-2011

www.boompje.net

we do support mac on the site you'll find a complete installer of our custom mac client, updates, addons and a dedicated support forum with experts and ponies (more experts than ponies. here, it's the opposite).

we can't guarantee long-term constant stability, but we're a team working on this and for now we managed to have everything in order, and we're working on constant improvement. hope you find this good enough

*******http://www.gamesprays.com/files/resource_media/preview/join-us-rainbow-dash-5204_preview.png********

*edit: ninja'd by Boomp

Datum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

woah, wait, if I haven't gotten the email, then I don't qualify? I have definitely had >50% of my logins from the mac client. I am disappointed

g h z t

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybreal View Post
Are you mad that you didn't get the refund? You don't meet the requirements so why would they give you the refund?
Because the only Qualification they mention is for the Champion Bundle, which I already own most of the champions except the one that i don't play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompje View Post
You can play with my client, you can grab it at www.Boompje.net
as I stated before, its a temporary solution, but when Riot Updates and there is a file that makes conflict or its made only for PC ? we wont be able to ask Riot for a solution, we will be depending on you entirely.

McBudSki

10-01-2011

boot camp.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by g h z t View Post
as I stated before, its a temporary solution, but when Riot Updates and there is a file that makes conflict or its made only for PC ? we wont be able to ask Riot for a solution, we will be depending on you entirely.
not actually.

they said that "the patch method works for champions ... but not for bigger updates like Dominion, that will nuke your client from orbit".
Dominion actually changed a lot of files and configurations, even folder locations, but we still have a working client. they have no huge changing patch planned for the future, so at least for mid-term we're safe, and even if a huge patch arrives... who says we can't just behave the same and fix everything up?

also, we haven't been asking Riot for anything in the past 8 months, and our gaming quality improved a lot since those days. well, it's not like we didn't want to ask, but they weren't answering, so we stopped. basically, anything you ever saw on mac wich is less than 8 months old was made by the community (or heavily modified from the community).

i'd say we all made a great job.

lostsanctuary

10-01-2011

I just played 7 games of Dominion on Riot's client. WHAT DO.

Alex3omg

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datum View Post
woah, wait, if I haven't gotten the email, then I don't qualify? I have definitely had >50% of my logins from the mac client. I am disappointed
Yea... I am in the same boat. I don't want a refund, just the bundle, but I see no reason why I'd be ineligible.