So...Xin Zhao?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTeddyBaxter

10-01-2011

Look, I don't want to call OP because I have no idea about Xin Zhao. All I know is that even the most mediocre Xin can rage my face off(on several different champs actually.)

Now, I was hoping someone could tell me...

1) How to counter him as a range?

2) How to counter him as a melee?

3) Is he actually(numbers wise and such) OP?

Thanks in advanced!

Arlex Vez!

Cenerae

10-01-2011

He's a mediocre pubstomper. All of his (relevant) damage is physical, so you can blunt his offence with armor. If he is building all damage items then he is made of glass and will die easily. If he's got tank items, then he probably won't be hitting you all that hard in the first place.

There aren't really any direct 'counters' for him, save for the usual methods. But he really isn't that strong, especially if you have some armor. The only time he will really hurt is if you're a squishy who has neglected armor and health.

Sørene

10-01-2011

Malphite is a hard HARD counter to him because his abilities scale off armor and his seismic shock reduces attack speed (xin is an auto-attacker). Coupled with frozen heart he's pretty much useless in a fight because you just reduced his attack speed (and healing) by over 60%.

jimit

10-01-2011

Xin has been getting nothing but nerfs since his release, so I would hardly call him OP
All you have to do is stun him when he's in the fray, then he dies really fast. Annoyingly fast.

TheTeddyBaxter

10-01-2011

Will do guys. Thanks a lot for the help.

I play squishy characters with no health or armour so... if xin is on the field I'll change that.

Liabilities

10-01-2011

I main xin jungle. When I gank their is a couple of things you can do.

1. use ur flash after he dashes at you.
2. without red its nearly impossible for him to get his 3 talon strike off unless he has boots and you dont
3. people say charge in and ulti with xin for maximum damage but by then the slow from his charge has worn off (1.5 seconds level 5) so if he ulties he probably wont get his 3 talon strike off... if he doesnt ulti he won't be as tanky and won't be doing as much damage
4. IF xin gets his 3 talon strike off he will turn on his W which gives him attack speed and for every attack reduces all his CD by 1 sec. that means he can dash you twice in a short amount so if you get caught in this 3 talon strike just cc him so he can't attack you anymore.
5. exhaust is a very good counter
6. he has absolutely no excape tools
7. go in brush... xin if point and click if he can't see you he can't attack you.
8. don't brush check against him he is just about as deadly as garen if he bump into him in brush
9. don't try to 1v1 him he is one of the strongest duelers in the game (toe to toe).
10. if xin is jungling he has best pre level 6 ganks in the game so save your flash not for kills but for escaping in early game until you become more tanky
11. if you going against lane xin and he uses 3 talon strike on minions BACK OFF he will dash to you and use the 3rd strike on you thus slowing AND knocking you up.
12. his charge scales off magic damage
13. xin's passage heals himself even when attacking towers. when he is pushing tower don't attack him, clear the minions because unless you can nuke him down he will just heal from tower.
14. xin jungle can't counter jungle so use this to your advantage
15. Champs who I can see countering Xin:
- Almost all AP carry
- Caitlyn
- Alistar
- Jax
- Akali
- Morgana
- Singed
- Nunu