Nunu VS Shen : Ultimate is a no go

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terratos

06-07-2010

I just recently had a battle where i was Nunu and my opponent was Shen. I learned something very annoying. Shen's teleport/taunt skill cancels out my ultimate but doesn't stun me or knock me out of channeling. When the channeling is over i do the ultimate animation but no utlimate with less mana and a ultimate on CD. Is this made on porpuse.

I remember a Rammus vs Nunu where Rammus taunt didn't stop Nunu from chanelling his ultimate when he was taunted so Why do Shen get a special previlege.

Oun Shura

06-07-2010

because hes a flippin ninja

BaronXL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Banned

06-07-2010

AFAIK, when you hit R with Nunu, it subtracts the mana and resets the CD timer. However you still have to wait for the channeling to finish for the ult to go boom.

This is probably because even though the ult didn't finish, it did slow everything around you. He canceled it before the grand finale, but you still got some utility from casting the spell. So it would be IMBA to refund teh mana/CD every time it got canceled. You could just run around AE slowing everybody

GrnEggsNHam

06-07-2010

It sounds like that works correctly to me. I wish the rest of the so called "channeling" spells would get interrupted correctly. I've noticed this with malzahar's ultimate for sure. Why even label them as "channeling" if you can't break it?

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnEggsNHam View Post
It sounds like that works correctly to me. I wish the rest of the so called "channeling" spells would get interrupted correctly. I've noticed this with malzahar's ultimate for sure. Why even label them as "channeling" if you can't break it?
Cleanse or a stun should break it.

If nunus ulti is canceled it should still do a portion of damage. At least thats what I can remember, I dont play nunu.

Ravun

06-07-2010

Quote:
Rammus would like to have a word with you. He's been out a hell of a lot longer than Shen. His taunt still does not break channeling. Yet some how... Shen's taunt can? Hell i can't even break a Shen's ult from casting with rammus's taunt... He turns to me, attacks me and then ports away?!? Wtf is that BS?!?

We need to get some consistency with taunt. The mechanics SHOULD be exactly the same les one being aoe and one being single target (lol btw at the aoe being only 1 sec less than the single target).

GrnEggsNHam

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post

If nunus ulti is canceled it should still do a portion of damage. At least thats what I can remember, I dont play nunu.
We are talking about shen's taunt here... If I taunt someone who is channeling a spell it should break the channeling just as a stun or silence would. I can't count how many times I've dashed through players only to watch them keep attacking my teammate who I was just attempting to save. Now some of the problem is probably due to hit boxes and such but for sure malzahar's ult does not break from the taunt.

CryptFiend

06-07-2010

old news.

The Boz

06-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post

It doesn't, in most cases.

Spunkify

Adjudicator

06-07-2010

Quote:
We are talking about shen's taunt here... If I taunt someone who is channeling a spell it should break the channeling just as a stun or silence would. I can't count how many times I've dashed through players only to watch them keep attacking my teammate who I was just attempting to save. Now some of the problem is probably due to hit boxes and such but for sure malzahar's ult does not break from the taunt.
If I recall correctly if you taunt ww he keeps doing his attack but doesnt do the damage. Not sure about Mal.