Malz insight?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ommagus

10-01-2011

I'm not saying I'm a godly Malz player but after the amount of games I've played with him I've been able to get a really good groove of his skill set and play style.

My overall opinion on people that might call him OP is that no he isn't. People just have to use common sense and get a QSS or a BV and there goes my ult my main source of damage

I dont see enough malz players in the ranked community and whenever I do i get depressed to see them do bad haha

If anyone can share their playstyle i would like to compare with mine
- I usually start with a dorans ring depending on who im facing unless im facing a heavy nuke or harasser at mid then i might take boots x3 pot but with most matches im very comfy to take dorans
- Take mid ( or else rage xD )
- I start off with Q to summon the voidling but my playstyle is very very passive early game until about lvl 2-3 where i catch a person off guard with EQ ignite combo, works very well against other squishies because of heavy damage output from minion and E
- I usually tend to double dorans if i feel i need an extra edge (never triple) in mid or else ill get boots ( sorcerers if I feel i can dominate or merc treads if i need a safety net )
- I like to get an abyssal scepter first as a core item just cuz its a very useful item - bonus mr , bonus ap, and a mr debuff
- depending on what the other team looks like going into mid-late game ill either get a deathcap if i feel that ill survive as being the glass cannon or a rylais if i feel my role might become more of a support for others to get kills
- my standard build is QEEWER , maxing E first then Q and R whenever possible
- always remember if you can to get your ult combo in your W to assure max damage

Im not here to say i have a diff build a new build or anything , im just here to give my 2 cents and any tips , any questions feel free to ask whether on my play style or my items or just malz. I'd like to compare and contrast

MeditationError

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommagus View Post
- Take mid ( or else rage xD )
Malz can solo top too, just take teleport. His range and E make it really hard to zone him out, and he doesn't generally take much damage or need much mana.

24 7 Dubstep

10-04-2011

Cause Malz has a nice AP scaling you dont have to rush Rabbadons.
I perfer to go Mana crys and 2 hp potion and build into Catalyst.
Then I will get a giant belt and build into RoA first then Rylais and get boots along the way. Then get rabbadons I feel that his AP scaling is so high sacrificing a few damage is hardly noticeable cause he decimates all AP laners and AD. You can just poke a few time with your Q till you get them low enough rather to build glass cannon early, it will allow you to run in teamfight with full combo do your thing and repeat cause of the Hp pool early on

Turbotroll

10-05-2011

I used to rush Tear and then build Rylai's, Deathcap, the Archangels but I find building a Hextech Revolver and then building into RoA and then Deathcap is working quite nicely as well. Hextech synergizes absolutely beautifully with your E, giving you Morgana-like sustain once you get a bit of AP and levels in E. You let your pet tear into MV'ed minions to heal you AND auto-farm while you harass and zone with Q. Though, I do like the slow from Rylai's very, very much...Try both builds and see for yourself!

Rrbhaunoch

10-05-2011

I do a completely AP and ap/level runes, rush catalyst then RoA, needlessly large rod, then situational defensive items, finish deatcap...the rest is all situational. I think I am only at 50% this season with him ranked though, so I might be trying some new things out in normals soon

SquidBlub

10-05-2011

I usually start with shoes and three red sodas. I don't get Dorans, I see them as taking a loan from your late game to supplement your early game and since Malz always crushes his lane I never need them to keep up.

If the other guy's giving me any kind of trouble or I know I won't be able to regularly get blue buff I'll rush Catalyst (No RoA, I just turn it into banshee veil later) so I can spam my spells, otherwise I go straight from sorc boots into Deathcap, Void Staff, etc.

MPen runes are pure gold on Malzahar, late game your visions will take off half a squishy's health with 30/40% mpen.

Ciphyr

10-05-2011

I normally get a dorans start, then Sorc boots, and a hextech revolver to add survivability. Then i get a rabadons and wing it from there.