Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Items Riot will never make.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N0vaFlame

10-01-2011

One of the biggest mentions I had in the first thread was that anything which currently has no build options (doran's, prospector's, legendary items, chalice, HAUNTING GUISE-this one's the main problem) is currently balanced around the lack of upgrade options. Thus, allowing them to build into anything would make them OP.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-01-2011

Quote:
Naokazu:
While I don't dispute that we will most likely never see this, I disagree with your reasoning. It would be simple enough to make it return damage from abilities, opposed to magic damage, similar to the difference between lifesteal and spell vamp.

That's what the PROBLEM would be. Either it would completely null casters, or it would completely break gameplay. Grab it and Thornmail, and either you can only be defeated by AD casters or nobody. Suddenly everyone gets it and spell damage loops galore (item damage is considered spell damage).

axesandspears

10-01-2011

Quote:
N0vaFlame:
you forgot hard CC active, and energy items.

Also, here is my original thread.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1254718

Thanks

axesandspears

10-01-2011

Quote:
Naokazu:
While I don't dispute that we will most likely never see this, I disagree with your reasoning. It would be simple enough to make it return damage from abilities, opposed to magic damage, similar to the difference between lifesteal and spell vamp.

This ignores a few mechanics of gameplay. There are two types of damage/utility related effects, attacks and abilities. All items, champion spells, and summoner spells are abilities, and are treated as such for spell vamp and other ability related effects. When you add an effect that returns damage from abilities, you are inherently returning damage from ALL abilities, including item abilities such as thornmail, or the very magic thornmail you would be adding to the game. At least this is my understanding of it.

axesandspears

10-01-2011

Quote:
Wiseman Silo:
Banshee's Veil the best mr item? That shield's been nerfed so many times and so many champions have weak abilities they can just spam. I think Force of Nature is better. it has a higher MR a movement speed increase and a HP regain buff that stacks with spirit visage.

Banshee's WAS better but they nerfed that shield to dust. I'd rather have the stats on FoN

Force of Nature definitely is better than Banshee's veil for tanks. Carries however are looking for an item that increases their flat health and magic resistance for an initial burst. For which they'll take the best item they can get.

Personally, I think the tank players who complain about banshee's as the only good health/magic resistance item, ask for a better one, or take banshee's veil as their main magic resistance item really haven't figured out how to optimize tanking yet. There are plenty of straight health or armor+health items that can be taken to improve survivability, and Force of Nature provides more magic resistance and regeneration which basically cancels harrass much better than Banshee's Veil ever does.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

10-01-2011

I haven't heard anyone state this one specifically, but an EXP generating item. You can already get 8% from Zilean's passive, 5% from Masteries, and 6% from Quints.

I've not heard someone suggest this, nor have I seen anyone say that Riot says it won't happen, but I already know that this would be broken. It'd be hard enough to catch up to someone with +19% XP due to their team comp.

Vuther

10-01-2011

Quote:
AntiTcb:
AD Deathcap is being considered. It's been code named B.F.F. sword and brought up a few times by Guinsoo. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1293793

Also, you left out Flash Boots and Courier.

"AD Deathcap" brings the wrong connotations. It's an item intended for AD Casters, rather than "your attack damage is really 100%+X%". It is unlikely it will use such an effect unless it only affected ability damage, because the item is not for the autoattackers.

Naokazu

10-01-2011

Quote:
axesandspears:
This ignores a few mechanics of gameplay. There are two types of damage/utility related effects, attacks and abilities. All items, champion spells, and summoner spells are abilities, and are treated as such for spell vamp and other ability related effects. When you add an effect that returns damage from abilities, you are inherently returning damage from ALL abilities, including item abilities such as thornmail, or the very magic thornmail you would be adding to the game. At least this is my understanding of it.

This isn't true at all, Passives (like Sunfire Cloak) aren't abilities (do not benefit from spell vamp), neither are on-hit effects (Wit's End's damage, or Teemo's poison) from weapons or champion spells. Besides, I wasn't seriously suggesting it, merely saying that if they were to do it, that's how it'd be done.

N0vaFlame

10-02-2011

regardless, AP thornmail would be bad for the game. In particular, squishy high-damage casters like Karthus and LeBlanc would be essentially useless if an enemy gets this.

Vuther

10-02-2011

Quote:
N0vaFlame:
regardless, AP thornmail would be bad for the game. In particular, squishy high-damage casters like Karthus and LeBlanc would be essentially useless if an enemy gets this.

Karthus would become press R to die, yeah.