Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Items Riot will never make.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exx020

04-29-2012

i never argued that i wanted those items, I was arguing that they could be made, and they could be balanced "if" they were created in the right way.

I was only here in the first place due to how abusive axe was being of other players, his tone is down right ridiculing and he obviously new nothing about how the system worked so, which i was abject to. Further a number of his "never to be made items" have actually already been made...

now as for:

Quote:
Anyways, even with an activation timer, burst mages would suffer (long CDs and short combo span = only one proc) and sustain casters would be OP with it (short CDs and longer combo span = multiple procs).... Assuming it's even remotely a large enough amount to be worth anything- re: it wouldn't be. Otherwise Fiddle wins. Or Kat, since her ult is multi-hit and not DoT.

of course there would be certain champions that would benifit more of a particular item. Thats like saying Lichbane is OP cause TF can use it but it wouldnt work on annie. Thats kind of the point of having the item, to INCREASE ITEM VARIETY used in games. Same reason Ryze just got a rework, cause building one build every game was boring.

Now i am of the opposite opinion to yourself. I think that variety of lesser balanced items is a better gameplay experience than a core set of items thoroughly balanced. Especially considering the number of champions we have now, and how many of those build pretty much identical item builds.

Quote:
Testing the whole spell vamp on item effects right now. If it works I kinda wanna fight an AD while having double wota and thornmail lol nothing like healing for 12% of the reflected raw damage every hit...

so much so that someone who has been playing for as long as yourself actually had to TEST this??

IMO this thread is toxic and a moderator should just /thread and close this

The Blue Jelly

04-29-2012

When over 70% of items suggested can be replied to with "O look it's this thread again"....

One, Annie is GREAT with a Lich, her Q's CD is right about the same as the proc's, and two, it makes an item really hard to balance.
Less balanced items leads to builds specific to a champion based on what items were designed for them. That's actually worse imo; you're now buying items because you were told to, not because you think they'll work well on your champ.

Ohai, wanting to make sure what I've been told is actually true? I know, foreign concept.
And you say you're defending people from Axe's belittling, yet you actually mock someone for wanting to do the research themselves... gj bro

The Blue Jelly

04-29-2012

Aaaaaand with 81% spell vamp (gunblade + wota + revolver + Ryze ult + 2x vamp Quint), yes, Spell Vamp does indeed apply on item actives. Which means Axes is right, infinite loops are likely in a generic "reflect all spell damage".

As to making it only reflect AoEs, that is really the most broken part about a magic reflect- imagine if a full team bought one of those. Or hell, see that Anivia ult? I'ma go play in it.

Exx020

04-29-2012

Annie is not GREAT with lichbane,

She is kinda OK with it at endgame if you need to push towers. Teamfights with trying to get proc with it kinda means u end up dead alot (kinda like manamune on ryze)

Quote:

Ohai, wanting to make sure what I've been told is actually true? I know, foreign concept.
And you say you're defending people from Axe's belittling, yet you actually mock someone for wanting to do the research themselves... gj bro

i never said i was defending others from it i said the thread was toxic, negative downcast on other peoples ideas is NEVER a good thing.

Now if you get offended by

Quote:

so much so that someone who has been playing for as long as yourself actually had to TEST this??

after trying to use it to shut me up then...
i dunno, Sorry?

I know, foreign concept.

Anyway toxic thread is still toxic and i am not comming back to bump it again so enjoy yourselves.

The Blue Jelly

04-29-2012

Quote:
Exx020:
i never said i was defending others from it i said the thread was toxic, negative downcast on other peoples ideas is NEVER a good thing.

uhhhhh

Quote:
Exx020:
I was only here in the first place due to how abusive axe was being of other players, his tone is down right ridiculing and he obviously new nothing about how the system worked so, which i was abject to. Further a number of his "never to be made items" have actually already been made...

Yeah.

As to me getting offended by it, lol you don't know me (http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls7jggsME51qltn4d.jpg). The silly thing is that you actually felt like mocking someone for wanting to test something entirely because they've been around for a while. Usually doing *more* research is what should be done, why you'd mock anyone for doing even the most inane research to confirm something they've been told is just not something I understand.

The entire reason this thread is remotely "toxic" is because these items get suggested once every other day. It's like all those Eve UP or Trynd OP or Need Black Champion threads. You see them all the time and repeatedly, yet the replies are always the same ("wait for the stealth rework", "only on his treeline", and "political nightmare and no implementation concept with it", respectively). This takes all these common requests an covers all of them at once.

axesandspears

06-24-2012

Sorry, putting this up again because players seem to be bringing up "spell-reflect" again.

ProfDrDeath

10-04-2014

A little bump for this, for nostalgia reasons.

The5lacker

10-04-2014

A fine send off...

FantasySniper

10-05-2014

When it seems they said Chalice, Haunting Guise, Brutalizer, and Warden's Mail had no upgrade, it really makes you feel how old this thread is.

Sad thing is that these items are still commonly suggested to this day.

ProfDrDeath

10-06-2014

Quote:
FantasySniper:
When it seems they said Chalice, Haunting Guise, Brutalizer, and Warden's Mail had no upgrade, it really makes you feel how old this thread is.

Sad thing is that these items are still commonly suggested to this day.

And still, this is one of the threads that should've been stickied...