Dominion = Glorified Pile of Boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheJukeBox

10-01-2011

This "Action right off the bat" concept to me is hilarious.

I can only imagine how little you do in a normal game of SR.

And for those of you that think that there is a lack of gameplay on my part Ive won every single Dominion game so far. Its easy and not fun. A select few champions dominate it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJukeBox View Post
Totally fair since your "glorified pile of boring" assertion is equally hilarious.

TheJukeBox

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCartographer View Post
Totally fair since your "glorified pile of boring" assertion is equally hilarious.
It is, its an overhyped game mode that Riot made out to be as some totally groundbreaking new style of play, its a freaking capture the flag/king of the hill game. And nothing more.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Quote:
It is, its an overhyped game mode that Riot made out to be as some totally groundbreaking new style of play, its a freaking capture the flag/king of the hill game. And nothing more.
And SR is an updated variation on Dota.

Halo is a pretty version of Doom with aliens instead of monsters.

Mass Effect is D&D in space.

I fail to see the problem. And, as always, if you don't like it, don't play it. It's an optional game mode.

TheJukeBox

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCartographer View Post
And SR is an updated variation on Dota.

Halo is a pretty version of Doom with aliens instead of monsters.

Mass Effect is D&D in space.

I fail to see the problem. And, as always, if you don't like it, don't play it. It's an optional game mode.
Im just not allowed to voice my opinion though, right?

Edgarion

10-01-2011

Quote:

I can only imagine how little you do in a normal game of SR.

And for those of you that think that there is a lack of gameplay on my part Ive won every single Dominion game so far. Its easy and not fun. A select few champions dominate it.
Honestly, the most exciting part of SR is jungling and ganking. And only 2 in 10 people can jungle. With good warding and map awareness many ganks are prevented. If that's fun to you, great. Just don't bash other people needlessly. It makes you look like an *******.

BeardRex

10-01-2011

Quote:
Ive also noted that alot of the casual players enjoy Dominion. Most people (not all) with season 1 badges I've noticed are not big fans of it. It seems like a casual mode when you dont want to commit yourself to a game that could be 40-60 minutes. Sorta like a Battle Arena. Or Angel Arena from WC3
It's not strange for badged players to dislike a game mode in which they have not invested time and earned badges in. It's also not strange considering that most badged players got their badges from solo-queue, which is a game mode where 1 (or two if duo) carry the game.

Fortunately, a single player (or even two) can't carry a dominion game.

ActionButlerGO

10-01-2011

Quote:
Im just not allowed to voice my opinion though, right?
That is totally what I said.

Seriously, man, if you don't like...... ok? All I'm saying is, there are other threads saying the EXACT same thing. Bump one of those and tack on your say. Don't like Dominion? Awesome, how can it be improved? I'd love to hear some suggestions from someone who has spent years on SR and, beyond that, DotA.

Reynmaker

10-01-2011

Quote:
And SR is yet another tower defense. You love that though. Probably because you're really good at it eh ?

BUT..... no INDIVIDUAL can win Dominion, like how and individual can dominate SR. And that seems to be BURNING some of you. You excel at last hitting, kills and warding in SR, none of these matter in CS. Dominion is all about coordinated team play, and you HAVE to play as a team, or you lose. You individual stars can't seem to handle that though.

Hiroshi Watanabe

10-01-2011

Quote:
I give it 4 months tops, and a few failed Riot attempts to make it relevant to money making interests before its Twisted Treeline status.

also there is only allowed to be one opinion on this forum, if you disagree you are wrong.

and apparently I have been playing Summoners Rift wrong for the passed year, its just 20 minutes of farming then teamfights then BOOM games just over, somehow. Geez im so dumb I was jungling, counterjungling, ganking, getting dragon, and pushing towers as well instead of just farming. No wonder.

Ive also noted that alot of the casual players enjoy Dominion. Most people (not all) with season 1 badges I've noticed are not big fans of it. It seems like a casual mode when you dont want to commit yourself to a game that could be 40-60 minutes. Sorta like a Battle Arena. Or Angel Arena from WC3

Also note before this was moved to the "Dominion" section that was upvoted in the positives.
And what's SR?

[turley]WY_amJ0YZrM[/turley]