Dominion = Glorified Pile of Boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasty Neighbor

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitAllStar View Post
Until you play it enough where you ran out of things to do.
No game has an infinite replay value, you will ultimately become bored of it.
Yep, thats my point.

A game like this will keep you grinding even through your boredom though.

It was ment to keep you on a treadmill, thats my point. You can argue it as much as you want but the fact is this games been out a long time and it just barely received a new game mode.

For the longest time the entire games content was limited to two maps.

As well as adding a new champion every other week which you unlock by purchasing them with RP or grinding over and over again until you can buy it using IP. Oh but dont worry they will release another champion in another two weeks so you better start grinding to save up for that one too.

TheJukeBox

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBeat View Post
In this thread: People who think opinions = facts. If you like one mode over the other, good for you. You can't tell someone else what fun should be for them. Based on downvotes it seems the majority of people don't think dominion is boring so get off your high horse thinking you know what fun is. One mode has strategy and the other one has more action and you really can't compare that. Try starting a thread saying fps games are better than rpg games and you will see the same reaction.

/thread
No one has posted anything in a way that claimed it was fact, were all aware its opinion. Thanks though John Madden.

GambitAllStar

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanInNetcafe View Post
Yep, thats my point.

A game like this will keep you grinding even through your boredom though.

It was ment to keep you on a treadmill, thats my point. You can argue it as much as you want but the fact is this games been out a long time and it just barely received a new game mode.

For the longest time the entire games content was limited to two maps.

As well as adding a new champion every other week which you unlock by purchasing them with RP or grinding over and over again until you can buy it using IP. Oh but dont worry they will release another champion in another two weeks so you better start grinding to save up for that one too.
Put it in that mindset, and any game would be terrible. Pretty sad to see people only view things in a monetary aspect. There's loads of things to be tried with a single champion.

DevouringHunger

10-01-2011

We're not arguing one game is bad, we're arguing dominion is imbalanced, we would love to be able to like both of them, but without some serious reconstruction its still going to have champions that can faceroll and others struggling to survive.

Quren

10-01-2011

Honestly anyone who thinks there's no strategy in dominion is a moron. It's different strategy for sure, but it's there.

I'd also like to say that I don't give a **** about SR strategy, it's not interesting. I'd also like to point out, the amount of times I've seen the buffs stolen in the first 15 minutes in all the tournament streams, and my own games is like 10 times, at the most. A large amount of SR strategy doesn't even kick in till after your done dominion.

PS: How's Eve on SR? or Le Blanc, Heimerdinger? There's plenty more characters that are trash tier on SR, but are actually viable on dominion. You just don't notice it as much, but I've seen more characters in Dominion in a week then in SR in 6 months. What's the imbalanced one now?

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJukeBox View Post
also there is only allowed to be one opinion on this forum, if you disagree you are wrong.
Because, you know, the weekly dose of "X is OP, NERF NAOWA or I stop playing!" is so much better.

Besides, this is the Dominion forum. This is where people who enjoy Dominion come to post. What do you think will happen if all you post is, "hurr, I don like it cause its new i don no how to play it cause its differn from SR"?

The people here who seriously enjoy Dominion are more than ready to entertain new suggestions. We are well aware that there are things that need fixing. Well aware.

Renovate

10-01-2011

Only problem with dominion is that there is no reward to doing well. Most games come down to last five minutes with who ever has the best build and late game champion. Gold is just handed to you T_T

I found it a good platform for screwing around with diff builds for different points in the game tho.

Jski214

10-01-2011

Dominion is where they take old ways of keeping heroes limited and removes though limits. Mainly hero who are bad early game but godly late is no longer a limit.

Edgarion

10-01-2011

I probably won't play SR for quite some time if ever. I mean I've been playing for over a year and a half on the same map and it got pretty stale. I also hate the 50+ minute games when we are just slowly losing towers and my team refuses to surrender. I would much rather just finish this game and get to another game so I can have a chance to win.

I'm not sure about you guys but I value my time. When people on my team stall and don't admit defeat for 30 minutes it can get pretty irritating. And that is one of the many reasons why I like dominion. Have only 30 minutes to play? You can't be sure that a game in SR will be that short. It can turn into an hour long, dancing at the mid inhibitor turret for 5 minute, 4 baron buff, game. It gets a bit boring after a while.

Right from the start, Dominion gives you action. I prefer that to laning, zoning, dragon control, etc. I mean, what is more satisfying(not to mention fun) than killing people and completing an objective, all within seconds of each other? That is what we play the game for right? If you like the 20 minutes of laning, dragon control, the 5 minutes of dancing around before a teamfight, that's cool. I'll go for fun and action the entire game.

Numbat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renovate View Post
Only problem with dominion is that there is no reward to doing well. Most games come down to last five minutes with who ever has the best build and late game champion. Gold is just handed to you T_T

I found it a good platform for screwing around with diff builds for different points in the game tho.
The reward for hurting their nexus is that you're closer to killing it.

That's about as much reward as normal sports get for a touchdown, basket, or goal.