Dominion = Glorified Pile of Boring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Doodles

10-01-2011

The thing is that in dominion its just the same characters all day and some have these huge advantages over others its boring when all you see is a team with rammus yi jax akali and poppy its just everyone figuring this out has made it uninteresting

Nasty Neighbor

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitAllStar View Post
Every SINGLE game will boil down to this after a certain point of playing it long enough.
There will never be a game/mode in which each time you play will be different the last time you played it that it's a completely new experience. People love being repetitive in tasks they enjoy doing, if no one does, gaming would of died a long time ago. Different strokes for different folks, going by this, I never hate on people for liking different genres/modes than me.
Mass effect, dragon age and baldurs gate. "I have no idea a game could have replay value!"

Oh and there are plenty of games out there that offer replay value like this. These are just a few off the top of my head.

TheJukeBox

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarKSorrowx83 View Post
The thing is that in dominion its just the same characters all day and some have these huge advantages over others its boring when all you see is a team with rammus yi jax akali and poppy its just everyone figuring this out has made it uninteresting
It needs to get its own balance set apart from SR, TT could use the same treatment honestly.

GambitAllStar

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanInNetcafe View Post
Mass effect, dragon age and baldurs gate. "I have no idea a game could have replay value!"

Oh and there are plenty of games out there that offer replay value like this. These are just a few off the top of my head.
Until you play it enough where you ran out of things to do.
No game has an infinite replay value, you will ultimately become bored of it.
What you enjoy repeating the most is what determines what you like.
And people can choose.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Sorry, OP, I think you're doing it wrong.

DevouringHunger

10-01-2011

You guys might aswell stop defending SR, I posted a similar thread, but as per the norm, i get a metric ****ton of 12 year olds defending the new gametpye.

Really agree though, with everyone defending SR.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

Fanboism WITHIN a game, amazing. MUST you hate CS in order to love SR ? Why do you have to beat down one aspect of the same game to validate your choice of the other ? Whichever we play, you DO know that RIOT will still be happy as long as we're all playing right ? It's called choice.

CyBeat

10-01-2011

In this thread: People who think opinions = facts. If you like one mode over the other, good for you. You can't tell someone else what fun should be for them. Based on downvotes it seems the majority of people don't think dominion is boring so get off your high horse thinking you know what fun is. One mode has strategy and the other one has more action and you really can't compare that. Try starting a thread saying fps games are better than rpg games and you will see the same reaction.

/thread

Verýtas

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
So, if Dominion is boring, what is SR?
Engaging and enjoyable. I agree with OP.

Kuranes

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
Fanboism WITHIN a game, amazing. MUST you hate CS in order to love SR ? Why do you have to beat down one aspect of the same game to validate your choice of the other ? Whichever we play, you DO know that RIOT will still be happy as long as we're all playing right ? It's called choice.
Thank you.