Gifting and a starting champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walkingbox

06-06-2010

There should be an option where you can gift people RP, champions, runes, and etc.

And when you just started LoL you should give them 3500 IP or a screen that let's you pick one character of your choice.

SaintCree

06-08-2010

It sounds like a nice idea on Riot's behalf for new players, but I feel like people would exploit it. If someone wanted to play a champion they didn't own or wanted to test out, they could just start a new account to test it.

Albeit a little stupid to make an entirely new account, but I would if none of my mates had the champion and I didn't feel like potentially dropping 6,000 RP or $10 on something I don't like.

Not very efficient considering the champion rotation does do a somewhat good job at letting players experience new (to them at least) champions.

Walkingbox

06-10-2010

Bamp

Anlysia

06-10-2010

If you can gift people stuff, you'll just give everything to your alt-account so you can roll lowbies.

Also there's no point giving someone a Champion when they first start, because they have no idea who the Champions are or what they do. The only reason you'd do this is -- again -- to power your alt account with your favourite champ, to roll lowbies.

DewVoltage2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2010

just the idea of gifting people stuff is cool

N2OJoe

06-24-2010

And if you start with enough RP to buy a champ, and can gift it to someone else, why not just make a bunch of accounts and gift everything you buy with those starting RPs to your main account?

DerSandman

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCree View Post
Not very efficient considering the champion rotation does do a somewhat good job at letting players experience new (to them at least) champions.
Is that a joke? The same champions are usually free every week. I don't know how many times I have seen Ashe, etc in the rotation.

Der Cutze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlysia View Post
The only reason you'd do this is -- again -- to power your alt account with your favourite champ, to roll lowbies.
so let's say my friend wants to play on my acc from my place, but he wants his karthus so badly...he could pay it from HIS IP, since i don't have enough.

Mr Thit Nuong

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCree View Post
It sounds like a nice idea on Riot's behalf for new players, but I feel like people would exploit it. If someone wanted to play a champion they didn't own or wanted to test out, they could just start a new account to test it.

Albeit a little stupid to make an entirely new account, but I would if none of my mates had the champion and I didn't feel like potentially dropping 6,000 RP or $10 on something I don't like.

qfe

Omegganog

06-29-2010

Gifting Riot points would be a great idea. Not only would it encourage purchases in a new way, it would be a great way for us users to get our friends into the game

Gifting IP, I agree, would be too easy to abuse and destroy the flow of the program.

And to whats been said about the rotation working: you're right - it works great.