Idea: Increase the diminishing returns of speed on Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansre

10-01-2011

Select burst champs are more problematic.

Trying to nerf the only champs that are viable outside of those who can 1v2+ is a bad call.

BeardRex

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansre View Post
Select burst champs are more problematic.

Trying to nerf the only champs that are viable outside of those who can 1v2+ is a bad call.
Actually, nerfing the garunteed picks and bans actually opens up the floor to more more champions.

Notice Akali is suddenly considered slightly "OP" now that they toned down most of the top-laners.

DSP Miss Manage

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
And YI + MF. So tired of being unable to stop them from capping. A well played fast champ with zeals mobility boots, ghost and revive can really make a game just plain not fun by ninja capping without ever engaging in any sort of fight.
I main MF in Dominion (what little i play - i hate PuGing a game like this, so its only when i have a full team of friends on) and i have a suggestion for you:

Defend your nodes.

We fought another team last night that was Rammus, an enemy MF and a Teemo.

They never took any of our nodes - because they built for speed + fast node cap, theyd roll into a node and either myself, our Tryn or our Akali would melt their faces off. Because *gasp* - we were actually defending our nodes instead of stupidly pushing for a 5 cap and getting backdoored constantly. There's just no point to not having a Defender available for your 3 nodes at almost all times (having to go back to purchase is about the only time you should leave a node with no D).

We did it with just Tryn or Akali and I parked midway between two nodes
i would park midway between our bottom and mid, and Tryn or Akali would park between our top and mid. Our other 3 guys kept pressure on and moved to support any node that was being zerged.

We won handily, despite the other team being stacked with speedy fast cap champs. Was it a little annoying having them almost cap my mid node all four times i went to buy? Sure, but i got back in time to stop the cap and hold long enough for reinforcements, and they paid the price for trying to use a cheap low-tier tactic on a team that was prepared to stop it.

so, the TLR version:

dont be bad. Dont leave your nodes without close D. Profit.

Swerto

10-05-2011

I'd love to see this by next patch so champions like Rammus and Yi can be less obnoxious on dominion.

Amzin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

The an enemy massive movement speed build team is basically a free win for you as long as you have 2-3 people that know what they're doing. It's more annoying on champs like Yi or GP who benefit more from the PD stacking, but on rammus/eve it's basically a step above intentionally feeding.

Cymril

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardRex View Post
How the current system works:
For each point of movement you would have above 490, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 748, it would be reduced to 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 415, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 445, you would end with 415 + 30 * 0.8 = 439.
I think some people in this thread don't realize that this is how Move Speed ~CURRENTLY~ works, in ~all~ modes. In fact I'm pretty sure he just cut/pasted the paragraph from the gameplay mechanics thread in the New Players Forum.

People complaining about it making MS Qunits useless because on fast champs with basic boots you're already in the 400 range? Well, the post 415 reduction ALREADY happens. Do you find MS Qunits useless right now? Probably not, they're a pretty popular rune.

Personally, I think this is probably one of the more straight forward ways of handling the problem. Although how much of an actual balance problem it is is debatable. If you actually bother to defend a point, there isn't much a MS stacking opponent can do to stop you.

Rebonack

10-05-2011

Decrease champion capture rate to 75% of its present value.

Increase minion capture rate to 150% of its present value.

The BD capture strat would still work. But it wouldn't be as stagnating as it is right now. Watching Shaco run around the map wanking at capture points honestly isn't that much fun. It's basically like what would happen with Yi if he were immune to tower shots over on Summoner's Rift.

Ofooie

Recruiter

10-05-2011

so in Sivirs defence. You want to take away her ult's speed? Fine give her more dase dmg then or attack speed.

dirtpoor

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardRex View Post
I'm not saying you have to completely homogenize the classes in terms of speed. And this is not about removing back capping as a playstyle. It's about reigning it in.
People don't ban Rammus because they don't know how to play against him. They ban him because they don't LIKE playing against him. Games are not always about what you can and cannot accomplish. Fun is a HUGE factor.

I also don't think they need to do anything extreme.

Increasing the diminishing returns a little at a time until they feel right for this game mode is all they should do.

Also, you should probably read the entire thread before posting. You wouldn't be asking so many questions.
I dont like it when a fast person gets away from me.

But I also don't like it when a Cho bites me. I dont like it when a Garen spins on me then ults me. I dont like it when Karth suicides right in the middle of my team and kills us all. Its not fun when a stun gimick team chains ashe arrow, sion stun, jax stun, tarric stun. Its not fun when 2 assassins both gank me out of nowhere. Its not fun when I manage to run from a fight only to have those **** ranged minions finish me off -__-. Its not fun being in a team vs team fight against an aoe team. Lets find some way to nerf it all plz because I dont like it.

(This post is /sarcasm)

dirtpoor

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
And YI + MF. So tired of being unable to stop them from capping. A well played fast champ with zeals mobility boots, ghost and revive can really make a game just plain not fun by ninja capping without ever engaging in any sort of fight.
The point of the game is to get as many nodes as you can and win as fast as possible. Not to fight champions to the death.

To cater to yoru playstyle they could make champion deaths do alot of damage to nexus. But they would have to lower the damage capping nodes does or raise the game point total.