Idea: Increase the diminishing returns of speed on Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skyqula

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardRex View Post
If you nerf items you're nerfing all the champions that could use them. Adjusting the diminishing returns is something that only effects the champions with absurd speed and abuse these items. In the end, finding a way to tone down some champions will make many more champions viable.
Afaik no other movespeed item is stacked. Because they have unique components to them. Besides, who has 2 phantom dancers in there serious build? (well besides gankplank who uses it to replace boots >.> Wich honestly is another "abuse" case fixed).

rumples

10-01-2011

I don't see this as an issue with squishy champs, mainly its rammus. Not only does he get to a point stupidly fast, but if he builds right you need to have multiple people respond to the point just to get him off of it. Oh and he has an advantage at reaching the health pickups too. By the time you've taken care of a bd ram even if he dies your team comes out behind in time wasted. very long lifespan+speed+minimal death penalties=bad.

Adonisss

10-01-2011

Would it be truly horrible if the MS effect from zeal was unique?

MonCraze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

If the problem is stacking zeals, then just make the movement speed portion of it unique. But some champs, Rammus for instance, require their speed to be good in dominion. If you take that away from them, they lose a lot of their value.

Also, if you're having a problem with speedy champs back-capping your towers because it's not fun... Well, try defending them for once. A ranged char or a kiter can do a pretty good job about keep rammus or GP off a turret. Atleast until late game.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2011

I've been having less and less issues with speedy Rammus. Right now if Rammus is doing a great job ninja capping...it's not his crazy speed that is making it possible, it's our team being way out of position or over extending.

Kickerz

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardRex View Post
How the current system works:
For each point of movement you would have above 490, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 748, it would be reduced to 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 415, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 445, you would end with 415 + 30 * 0.8 = 439.

I think it would help out with a huge amount of the frustration that some people are experiencing in Dominion. It's not that it is impossible to win against super speedy champs, it's just annoying.

I know some of you may say "So what if it's annoying?" Well my response to that is, "Annoying un-fun gameplay is why stealth is getting a rework, and TF and pantheon ults were changed. And also why Sivir's backdooring is being looked at.It is completely in-line with Riots development goals."

Having the speed diminishing returns on speed adjusted as part of the Dominion specific buff would be a way to tone some champs down without effecting them in other game modes. Extremely fast champions promote stagnant overly-defensive gameplay. Especially due to the lack of wards.

This is not about removing the "back-capping" tactic. This is simply balancing the champions using the dominion buff that is already in-place.
I do not understand what you are suggesting. You are asking for a soft movement cap to be a part of the Dominion global buff. But speedy champions are always going to be more speedy, and will hit that cap nonetheless while less speedy champs will still struggle to reach that cap.

I am not against your idea -yet-, I just do not understand it.

GioYNWA

Recruiter

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerz View Post
I do not understand what you are suggesting. You are asking for a soft movement cap to be a part of the Dominion global buff. But speedy champions are always going to be more speedy, and will hit that cap nonetheless while less speedy champs will still struggle to reach that cap.

I am not against your idea -yet-, I just do not understand it.
Speedy champions will continue to be speedy, just won't be as fast as they are right now

JoeDuo

10-01-2011

I'm confused.
What would be the point of using speed items/abilities if they grant insignificant bonus speed?

gh0st tuRD

10-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
I agree with this and had a lengthy conversation about it with other players. Currently champions like Rammus, Teemo, and Gangplank stacking zeals makes it very frustrating to play against.
As the same tools are available to both teams, anyone complaining about this is a wiener.

Yagharek

10-01-2011

Yeah, but building speed just forces the other team to build speed too, it's not an interesting strategy or counter. Plus it favours a very small group of heroes which are being hilariously overplayed right now.