Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desgami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

I enjoy playing him as a support, because knocking people around is sweet. So I'm trying to play him support>tanky, and I'm wondering how to build him. What is a good skill order, and what items should I get?
I've used QWE then focus on R>E>Q>W.
Then for items I go Philostone>Mana Manipulator>Frozen Heart>Soul Shroud>Aegis of the Legion>Abyssal Scepter>Guardian Angel... does that make any sense or no?
Finally, any basic tips for playing him would be nice.

lastchancexi

09-30-2011

Philo Stone --> HoG --> Aegis --> Sheen --> Shurelya's --> Randuin's

is how I generally build him, and then I start going for the Trinity Force. Soul Shroud just isn't very good, Abyssal Scepter is meh now that they nerfed his AP ratios and GA doesn't help much because you should be the last person to be focused considering your tankyness and ult.

arphan

09-30-2011

Ali is a very good support, I use him often. You should be bot lane with an ad ranged carry.
Take Flash and clairvoyance!
Don't forget that a good alistar, won't miss his combo (do w e fast! Try against bot if you wan't to understand)

For the skill, you don't have the good order, E is not that good to level up.
Lvl 1: Q
Lvl 2: W
Lvl 3: Q
Lvl 4: E
After, R>Q>W>E

Begin with a doran ring if they won't gank you early (No enemy jungle), or boot, 1 ward and 1 health potion if you need the ward (Against taric, for example, or against jungle lee sin).
After, you want a philosopher stone, because you won't last hit a lot...
You can now upgrade your boot for Ionian Boots of Lucidity.
If nobody in your team will do a aegis of the legion, you should do it.
Now, you can upgrade your philosopher stone for eleisa miracle (If they got a lot of cc) or shurelya reverie. Don't forget to buy a lot of ward for baron and dragon control ( I buy, like 10 wards each game.) and take an oracle if they got a lot of wards.

Now, you can take Sunfire Cape (If they use a lot of armor attack) or banshee veil and/or force of nature (if they use a lot of magic attack).

-Arphan-
Good luck

Desgami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

Is Trinity Force good on Alistar? Especially late game, wouldn't AP items be better? Also, why no Soul Shroud or Frozen Heart? Isn't CDR really important for Alistar, and mana regen for the carry helps a lot too?

SHREK lS LlFE

09-30-2011

trinity> AP. dont look for damage on your abilities, since you use his abilities to defend your carry/engage for your team you dont rreally ever have a reason to waste Q or W for hurting someone. Trinity lets you /autoattack something to death and gives slow/MS which is fantastic on alistar. Sheen also rapes becuase his high base AD, but you should only work towards trinity very late in the game after you have 40% cdr and ward coverage.

lucidity/shurelias/gp10's/trinity/frozen or aegis/banshees or abyssal is a decent build, it depends on the game. most games dont even make it that far.

St Viers

09-30-2011

Basically, to play support ali, all you need to do is:

1. Get a few gold/10 items. He is lucky that 3 of them are good on him.

2. Buy wards, and get an oracles rather early (he is naturally durable)

3. If you are doing really well, feel free to grab triforce. However, as a support/tank, getting aura items is probably going to be more useful (triforce is imo not the best for him, because he generally has to headbutt->pulverize combo, wasting a proc, adn the cool downs on it are very high.

Desgami

10-01-2011

How often should Alistar be autoattacking? I find myself using him mainly as a QW bot that occasionally Es. And by the time you get in range to autoattack you can just QW into your carry.
As for wards, should I leave my lane to go around warding/Oracle sweeping? Perhaps just after a B before returning to lane?