Possible Riven Items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

y0ungster j0ey

09-30-2011

Hey all, just bought Riven today and played/won my 400 game over all. I played her as a basic meele carry. IE, Merc Treds, Dancer, etc. I was wondering if Sheen/TriForce would/should be included in the build. The effect per hit sounds insane with her skill combos, but the whole mana+AP on her would look noobish early game. On paper she doesn't benefit from anything but the proc, and I don't need anymore rage towards me or my playstyle (look at my name, I think I get enough as it is.)

All I am asking for is some feed back. I DO NOT want your 30/2/7 score posted here. I DO NOT want you to tell me how to jungle as Riven. All I want to know is if Sheen/TriForce would be viable.

Thank you/**** off in advance to upvotes/downvotes!

DMCNJustice

09-30-2011

Stacking bloodthirsters is probably the sanest thing you could do as a full blown glass cannon. Going this path will make sure you don't waste any stat because you've already astutely noticed a triforce being pretty **** on her since she's paying through the nose the two things that are remotely exclusive on it, a boosted sheen and phage proc. Triforce on any champion guarantees MASSIVE DAMAGE, and may or may not induce subconscious jungling. The preceding last two sentences do not conflict at all.

Alternatively, you could see if you can get your IP refunded.
Jax and Lee Sin will fulfill any role she could have covered and better. Going full blown glass cannon on her is bound to get you killed if any hard CC touches you in spite of your damage output meanwhile trying to go tanky will result you losing game relevance faster than garen and miss fortune combined. It's ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't, at least until they give her a buff on a v1.0.0.121 Yorick magnitude.

BirdyTheMighty1

09-30-2011

Sheen/Trinity on-next-hit damage is only uses the base AD.
With sheen, best case scenerio with perfect timing and getting every second with abilities casted in between for a proc every 2 seconds:
1260 gold
lvl 18 104 base AD = 104 extra damage every 2 second
therefore 52 DPS added

Something simple, like 3 Longswords, same scenerio as above
1245 gold
Averaging out the AD ratios on the abilities, adding up the base damage increase and the passive, and NOT adding the 20% increase from the ultimate, extra damage absorption on Valor, or anything else
68.25 DPS added.

If you compare the two at lvl 6 or something, sheen is atrociously worse.

Besides obvious AP/mana items, other items that don't cut it on Riven:
Phantom dancer- you need to weave abilities, you're not a pure autoattack champ. Weaving abilities keeps you on your target, and Attack speed causes your abilities to clip your autoattacks.
In general, Riven does not benefit very much in-combat from lots of extra movespeed, Attack speed, or On-hit abilities(including Black Cleaver).

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

i heard that trinity force was kinda useless since u don't get a proc every q cause of the 2 second cooldown and at best i'll only get in about 2-3 auto attacks in a combo if they don't get away. i heard frozen mallet was much more useful cause of the survivability and the way to stick onto an enemy especially since it gives u a slow on every q cast.

Eseraphymn

09-30-2011

Sheen/Triforce is alright on Riven, but there are much better items.

tofor

09-30-2011

I was under the impression her Q doesn't cause procs.

Autocthon

09-30-2011

Force less than amazing.

The initial Q use causes a proc, the following uses don't. At least not in my experience. Though theoretically if you waited the maximum duration possible between the second and their use you coould get a second proc.

That being said... Atmog's is viable on her. Full glass cannon can work, however she scales really well with even minor defenses so... I kinda like Wriggle's+Hexdrinker. I'm not her best player though so *shrug*

If I was REALLY pressed... Boots of Speed + Atmog's+FoN+Thornmail and pick some offenses

Serin33

09-30-2011

I find Triforce just isnt worth the cost on her, I really hate spending gold on items that are only partially usefull. An early wriggles, hexdrinker or brutilizer kick ass! Defense + AD early really works well on her. Follow it with some boots of mobility and you'll kick some ass! Its pretty sweet to go long blade + Potion to start, then you can build it into hex or wriggles or brutilizer depending on who your laning against/with.

That said if you want proc items on her I'd run with wit's end, or madread's bloodrazor. Both are nice for having + some offence and defense, have no useless stats for Riven and as a major plus add some magic damage on an otherwise pure ad champ.

BlueCarrot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

Forceofnature/frozen mallet and atmas when you need to be tanky

bloodthirsters for glass cannon

ghostblade when your doing poorly

also: it is always a decent idea to stack dorans blades on riven

trinity force is worse than all three of these other options because the proc is just not worth it at all when u look at the cost.

Best AP Sona NA

09-30-2011

People seem to play Tanky DPS with her; don't do that. It's not that it's -horrible-, it just doesn't fit her playstyle.
Just wanted to point that out to the people suggesting tanky-DPS.

Anyways, Triforce isn't the best item to get on her since she scales -SO- well with AD. With the money you bought that Triforce with, you could have gotten a Bloodthirster.
Also, you won't be fully utilizing the damage output of the proc; it has a 2 secound cooldown and sometimes you want to spam your Q/use E to get to a target.

hope I helped ._.