League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Priamos

05-07-2010

First of all, my tip. Pay attention to the other team's composition, and factor it into your build. Are they 4 physical carries and a Cho'Gath? Sweet, just have everyone, even the purest DPS carries, buy Thornmail. Are they caster carries? Banshee's and Merc's for everyone, no exceptions. You'll be surprised how many players, even decent ones, forget to do this. To make sure people don't forget, just make a friendly note of it during the start of the match. Say something like "Lol all their carries are physical, let's buy Thornmail".

As the above poster said, Ashe and Annie are great to start out with, and still do well at higher levels of play. Just watch out for ganks, since they're quite squishy.

Garen is a great Melee DPS to learn on, and he excels early game.

For tanks...well, leave tanks alone until you're playing alongside a competent team that will follow you in after you initiate.

Princess Rinoa

05-09-2010

I love this! Thanks it really helped me a lot at first. :]

Priamos

05-09-2010

Ok, another tip since I've seen some "Ryze-is-OP" threads even AFTER his recent nerf.

You guys better learn how Ryze works. His abilities scale well with level input, but poorly with AP. His ratios are only like .4 or so, though his abilities have a high base power.

This means that Ryze is a monster in midgame 1v1s and ganks. But late game, he falters, and he's not great in teamfights either.

So basically, buy Merc Treads, don't fight him 1v1, and don't feed him, and watch Ryze fade into obscurity.

Maelnir

05-10-2010

Hey so i just started the game last night, and made it to level 5, but ive got a record of 11 kills and 54 deaths - yikes. anyone have any good tips for a newbie, i.e. leveling and building my champion in-game?

CQReborn

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelnir View Post
Hey so i just started the game last night, and made it to level 5, but ive got a record of 11 kills and 54 deaths - yikes. anyone have any good tips for a newbie, i.e. leveling and building my champion in-game?
How you build your champion in-game really depends on the characters you play with.
There is a full list of character guides that can be found here -
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=68225

As for the leveling part? Partially depends on the character, but not dying, last hitting, and making sure you get good gear helps you level quite a bit.

Priamos

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelnir View Post
Relax, I used to do even worse when I was just starting out.

Why don't you tell us what characters you're playing? We can give you some new-guy friendly builds.

New-guy builds emphasize consistency. For example, where another build would rush a LichBane, you'll have a Rod of Ages. Where they have a Soulstealer, you'll have a Zhonya's or something. Even then, good players desiring a bit of consistency and survivability can use such builds.

Maelnir

05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priamos View Post
Relax, I used to do even worse when I was just starting out.

Why don't you tell us what characters you're playing? We can give you some new-guy friendly builds.

New-guy builds emphasize consistency. For example, where another build would rush a LichBane, you'll have a Rod of Ages. Where they have a Soulstealer, you'll have a Zhonya's or something. Even then, good players desiring a bit of consistency and survivability can use such builds.
well the character i use the most is Sivir, i find that i can get into a good rhythm with her. i just unlocked Ashe and when i tried her out i just got totally wiped so i think ill stick with sivir for awhile.
my problem is that everyone else seems to level faster than i do and so before i know it, the game is like 5 steps ahead of where im at and im consistently dying. idk whether im making bad equipment purchases or if i just stink :P

any suggestions?

jackyking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-11-2010

Very Nice Tips=]

REPOLYO

05-13-2010

tnx... i learn a lot about by reading about this topic.........

REPOLYO

05-13-2010

anyone??? can you show me a video in how to play this game... FOR starter ^^

TNX ^^