Tear of the Goddess needs a rework on Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding

09-29-2011

There is basically no reason to build this item on Dominion. Games move too quickly and there is no chance to sit around farming minion waves to build it up. Furthermore, mana regenerates so quickly that the added regen on it is useless.

This is unfortunate because there are some Champions that are noticeably weaker without a single item that provides a massive amount of mana, notably Ryze (for obvious reasons) and Kassadin (so he can build up a large Riftwalk charge).

The biggest problem is that the Archangel's Staff is a core item to many champions, but has no place on Dominion since it is so difficult to charge up. Something with a mechanic that is better-suited to the very fast-paced action of Dominion would be amazing.

Rotis4

09-29-2011

On champions that can spam abilities on a low CD with no target it's still good, Urgot and Karth can get upward of 100 mana before the game even starts.

urmamasllama

09-29-2011

ToG needs a rework in general dominion just exacerbates the problem

cAZNc54

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

i agree with you to a point. tear of the goddess is tremendously weaker in dominion than it is in classic. but imo, it isn't as bad as it seems. at least a lot of the champs i use tear of the goddess for don't suffer terribly from it. more times than not i find it i have an issue with ap champs being just plain weaker than ad champs. and i blame the aura mainly for that.

Buru Diman

09-29-2011

Buyother mana stuff? Frozen Heart is always a great choice for mana (even on Kassadin, I'm sure you are getting it on Ryze). If not you can always try to build RoA.
Also, remember that you have a mana regen buff in Dominion, not to mention you can pick relics on the way.
Big Mana Pool=Tons of mana regen. The way I see it at least, but I kinda see your point.

EDIT: I got an idea, Riot should put an attackable punchbag at the spawn point so people with spells that need a target (Ryze) can charge their Tears.

rangerike1363

09-29-2011

You can build up 1/10th of the max mana even before the match starts so over the course of the match, chances are you're going to hit the max mana, also, just because the regen is a little faster, doesn't mean that added regen can't mean the difference between a kill and stopping a cap or dying and them capping your point. I use it on plenty of champs and it still does what it needs to do.

Tale Feather

09-29-2011

I donno about that last statment there cAZN

There are some incredibly powerful AP champs begining to work their way into the Meta. Ryze, Cassiopia, and of course Hermidinger stand out a lot.

Lux isn't bad if you play her as a support/deny.

And Tanky Vlad actually is viable...

The Meta in the game is still in early development. I'd say we'll have settled into it by about thanksgiving, Holloween if players learn fast...

Nyahbinghi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

I top it every match as Ryze.

cAZNc54

09-29-2011

lol i don't think ALL ap champs are weak, but compared to ad champs, more time than not they will lose. put it this way, if you had a team full of ad champs versus a team full of ap champs go head to head on dominion, who do you think will likely win assuming each persons' skill level is relatively the same? even if you say that the champs are technically balanced, the aura throws it off anyways by giving ad champs an xtra 10% armor pen. but that just my opinion. i do agree wit you that it is early and many new strats are being developed.

but back to the main topic, i still stand the ToG could use some tweaks imo but if riot didn't i don't think it would bother me that much. i still think it is pretty good

rumples

09-29-2011

MANAMUNE ryze on dominon. free armor pen, fills faster. discuss