Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Petition] Free Garen Skin!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ray2Saucy

09-29-2011

As most of you know, Riot has screwed everyone tonight.

Earlier, Riot posted on their website to watch the GTTV show for a chance at winning a Dreadknight Garen code. This is the only reason why anyone bothered to watch that show. The only good part was the Aliens, and everything other than that was trash and a huge waste of time. 30 minutes wasted for a scam.

If you weren't part of this, then heres what happened:

- Riot trolls us by announcing we can win a free garen code by watching GTTV.

- Riot gives us wrong time so we don't have a legit chance for those that actually want code.

- After watching all that trash, it is discovered that you need a twitter account to be legible for the giveaway (and note Riot didn't alert us of this in the official announcements)

- Lastly, only the first 100 get the garen code. You cant sign up for twitter fast enough to be within the first 100 people (its not like facebook).

In conclusion, I believe Riot should feel pretty entitled to give us the Dreadknight Garen skin anyway. This little scam, or whatever you may call it, has decreased Riot's trust and reputation ten times any sort of satisfaction Rioters may have gotten from this little trickery. To fool the community of a game that supports you is downright despicable. We aren't some test hamsters Riot. Treat us like some and you won't have a community for much longer.

Bump and upvote if you agreed, if this thread cleared up the topic for you, or if you feel utterly disgusted by Riot.

EDIT: For all those people screaming stop being so entitled, Riot said could win and etc. This whole community would have been easily satisfied if Riot just told us we needed Twitter accounts and the correct time. How the fck you expect us to know proper times and needed a twitter to get a free skin? If its only 100 skins, your basically saying whoever has a twitter already wins the contest. Whoever doesn't have a twitter, enjoy wasting time making one, only for you to discover all 100 have been given away already. Im not so mad about actual situation cause I indeed did read Riot saying "maybe" get a chance to win a skin, but more about the fact that Riot pulled one over my head. This situation is the same as a kid at school telling everyone hes giving away a legendary yugioh card tomorrow, and the next day demanding 10 dollars for it, which no kid at school has 10 dollars at the time, nor knowing where he is at during recess when people can purchase it. Its just unprofessional, unrespectable, and certainly degrading as a hoping-to-be-eSport company, Riot.

LenfaL

09-29-2011

Pretty lame on Riot's part.

+1 to OP

Bazerald

09-29-2011

Giving it to everyone for free seems like too much, but seriously, SOMETHING needs to be done about this. Many people are very dissapointed about how all of this went down.

balberith

09-29-2011

i can't read either

i think it said COULD in there somewhere

and maybe WIN, indicating that not everyone will get one

but like i said, i can't read either

Valkyriê

09-29-2011

So Bad

+1 and Bumped

Espial

Recruiter

09-29-2011

+1

Maratx

09-29-2011

/signed
#agree

Garayin

Recruiter

09-29-2011

Yeah.. that was rather poor of them. I mean, I don't feel entitled to the skin honestly, when I heard there was codes involved, I knew I'd only have a chance not a sure thing, but this event just seemed poorly handled.

Ray2Saucy

09-29-2011

Quote:
Maratx:
/signed
#agree

lol gtfo dude. your the one person who doesnt deserve a free garen skin.

your wife's water broke. you told your bro to drive her to hospital. you sat at home waiting for a skin. wut kind of sick priorities do you have man?

This is probably how it went down:

you: hey babe gonna stay home. got something to attend to.
wife: k idgaf im going through labor. seeya, naming our incoming bisexual son ezreal.
- wife gives birth, comes home -
wife: so babe, what did you have to do? house almost burn down? our first kid almost drown in our pool?
you: i had to stay home to get a free skin. 975 rp is more important than a stupid kid
wife: ..... fck you. lucky you i love the league. well did you at least get it?
you: no. riot tricked me
Wife: ..... brb calling divorce lawyers

Niño Precioso

09-29-2011

Quote:
Summoners!

If you find yourself thinking about how much better television would be if they added League of Legends to the equation, we’ve got good news for you. This week’s episode of GTTV on Spike TV will feature a special segment on League of Legends: Dominion. And if you’re inclined to tune in you could pick up a code redeemable for Dreadknight Garen for your trouble! This episode of GTTV airs on Friday the 30th at 1:05 AM Pacific Time, so be sure to tune in to learn how you can win Dreadknight Garen!

How about you read closely.

EDIT: Needs more downvotes guys.