TT Build for Janna please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quorum

06-06-2010

I've been trying to improve on as many champs as I can in TT, so I can be sorta ready for draft mode finally making it live.

However, I'm not really sure how to build Janna. I would pick her/build her purely for support. Lately I've been going boots -> soul shroud -> aegis -> AP item (depends on the situation). I'm not very confident in that build though so I'd like some opinions please. Thanks

Jravolta

06-06-2010

What I've been doing recently is getting Nashor's Tooth and Soul Shroud for CDR, easier farming and a nice health bonus. Then buy a whole bunch of wards and keep track of the whole map for the rest of the game. With clairvoyance your team is omniscient. The items after Soul Shroud really depend on the role you need to fill; you could get some more AP but I find that getting tanky items or aura items really benefits your team while making you more annoying to the other team.

Priamos

06-06-2010

Doran's Ring to start with, might as well get a bit of bulk, since Janna is so frail, and I've seen her get targeted many times.

Hell, the following build will take up much of your game.

Doran's Ring
Boots of Choice
Soul Shroud / Aegis of the Legion
Abyssal Scepter / Nashor's Tooth / Frozen Heart

Build the former two items if you're on a team with mages. Build the latter two on a team with DPS guys.

Really, though, you can't mess up too bad with Janna, since her role on a team isn't very item-dependent.

Quorum

06-06-2010

Oh and another question, start of the game do you go with EotS or howling gale? And have you ever considered buying fortitude + ward instead of doran's?

gryffindormit

06-06-2010

I have played janna alot and as support i buy mana crystal first into rod of ages makes u take a hit plus up gale dmg. I take howling gale first the harrasment is better. and since u always fall behind in kills as a support class i often skip boots with all of ur abilities helping u survive i dont see any needs for boots at all. my build order is rod of ages, archangel staff, (getting tear first), zhyona's ring, then i very based off my oponets i go for ap/team auras what ever helps most.

Aries05

06-06-2010

Personally i think that support items like soul shroud on jana are kind of dumb. Her role as a support character comes from her shield and her stun/slow/push abilities. When i play her i go full AP with mana regen from arch angel because her shield benefits from it as well as spell dmg. If your team gets in trouble during the fight you have a stun, slow and push/heal to ensure their survival and the extra damage from getting only AP items will definately turn the tides since all her dmg spells scale at very well (.75-.8). Id put my gold into archangel/zhonyas instead of soul shroud and ageis.

Xyirx

06-06-2010

You can play Janna in different ways. I've tried a lot of builds with Janna.

In these styles, the items listed under each category is what you could go for the main items. You can drop or add items depending on your playstyle.

Support Tanky Janna:
Soul Shroud | Banshee's Veil | Aegis of the Legion | Archangel's Staff | Rod of Ages | Randuin's Omen | Nashor's Tooth | Frozen Heart

AP Support Janna:
Archangel's Staff | Rod of Ages | Mejai's Soulstealer | Rylai's Scepter | Will of the Ancient | Soul Shroud | Void Staff | Zhonya's Ring | Deathfire's Grasp | Nashor's Tooth | Frozen Heart

DPS Janna: (Not very popular anymore)
Last Whisper | Stark's Fervor | Sword of the Divine | Guinsoo's Rageblade | Infinity Edge | Malady | Zeal | Phantom Dancer

These are roughly items you could go for. Your playstyle will decide what you should pick up.