Is Dominion falling in popularity?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CorayThan

09-30-2011

I had to wait 9 minutes for a draft queue last night at 10:00 p.m. Gave me horrible flashbacks of my old 21 minute waits for blind pick TT games.

Buck Strickland

09-30-2011

I've had a few up in the 5-6 min range recently. Draft, not blind so it may be the cause. Everyone wants to play Rammus after all.

itchysaurus rex

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenfall View Post
I'm not the only one either, my entire group of friends all switched to playing just Dominion. It's the better map really. More balanced, more viable champs (all really), not 10 flashes in a game. It's just all around far better than SR.
AHAHAHAahahahahahahahah. Are you for realz bro?

Dal Matio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

I've played about 50 Dominion games, all Draft, and my longest que was 1:30.

My ratio is about 1:1 and I'm almost always in top 3, so I don't really understand how the whole hidden elo thing works.

Primanocte

09-30-2011

Twisted Treeline 2.0, absolutely no balance whatsoever. All my friends and I avoid it like the plague. Its simply not fun and has no depth in addition to the balance issues. I can't believe they wasted a year working on this abortion of a game mode.

Miles Long

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Twisted Treeline 2.0, absolutely no balance whatsoever. All my friends and I avoid it like the plague. Its simply not fun and has no depth in addition to the balance issues. I can't believe they wasted a year working on this abortion of a game mode.
I love posters like you. You're so quick to bash Dominion for being unbalanced, yet you don't realize that you love SR for the same reason you hate Dominion.

Stupid hypocrites.

Primanocte

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
I love posters like you. You're so quick to bash Dominion for being unbalanced, yet you don't realize that you love SR for the same reason you hate Dominion.

Stupid hypocrites.
SR has much better champion balance than Dominion by quite a large margin if that is, in fact, what you are implying the reason I prefer SR to DM is. This isn't some quick rush to judgement. The reason SR balance is so much better is the simple fact that champions are designed and balanced with SR in mind. Not DM and not TT.

Posters like you simply can't see the truth right in front of your eyes so you downvote anyone that throws it out there for the world to see. Riot screwed the pooch with DM and I really don't see how they can balance it without ruining SR.

Miles Long

09-30-2011

Quote:
SR has much better champion balance than Dominion by quite a large margin if that is, in fact, what you are implying the reason I prefer SR to DM is. This isn't some quick rush to judgement. The reason SR balance is so much better is the simple fact that champions are designed and balanced with SR in mind. Not DM and not TT.

Posters like you simply can't see the truth right in front of your eyes so you downvote anyone that throws it out there for the world to see. Riot screwed the pooch with DM and I really don't see how they can balance it without ruining SR.
You're an idiot if you think that after having been in development for a year that they didn't take champion balance into account for CS.

And despite "champions being balanced around SR," there is still plenty of imbalance to be had that isn't limited to the champions themselves. There are still overpowered and underpowered champions on that map, just as there are on CS.

The fact is that CS beats out SR simply because you can't play Dominion backwards and get positive results. The point of the DotA-style is to push lanes and level the enemy base, yet in SR we see people playing ricefest as they would in DotA and the prevailing strategy is to not push lanes.

That, sir, is poor balance, when the main objective of the game is flat out ignored and not optimal play. You win games by hoping for a surrender after the opposite team realizes that fighting back is not worth the investment because the snowball factor is too out of control as to allow them a fair comeback. A DotA-style map where you don't even have to destroy the enemy base, just make the game unfun and unplayable for the opposite team by treating the game like a Deathmatch.

SR has been ruined without any need for any other game mode or map to show its face. Riot and the community have been ruining it consistently on a daily basis since launch.

While I fully understand that perfect balance is nothing but a pipe dream, SR has had two years now to get to this point and it is still way off the mark. Dominion, having been in development only one year and only out for a week, already has people playing the way it was meant to be played, regardless of any other balance issues. And believe me, you're right in assuming that there are some balance issues with CS. That's just to be expected.

What you fail to realize here is that Riot knows there are serious balance issues plaguing SR. The irony is that the community wants the game this way. People like you absolutely want SR to stay unbalanced, and why shouldn't you? Everybody's only been playing it for two years and Riot still pulls in money for nothing but aesthetic changes.

Let me speak plainly: you hate Dominion because it isn't exactly like SR and because you don't want to learn a different set of skills to play it competently. You're not concerned about balance, there's no reason for you to be, you love SR.

Stop your b!tching and just play what you like. You can't prove that Dominion is unbalanced unless you recognize that Summoner's Rift is, at the very least, just as unbalanced but for different reasons.

Primanocte

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
You're an idiot if you think that after having been in development for a year that they didn't take champion balance into account for CS.

And despite "champions being balanced around SR," there is still plenty of imbalance to be had that isn't limited to the champions themselves. There are still overpowered and underpowered champions on that map, just as there are on CS.

The fact is that CS beats out SR simply because you can't play Dominion backwards and get positive results. The point of the DotA-style is to push lanes and level the enemy base, yet in SR we see people playing ricefest as they would in DotA and the prevailing strategy is to not push lanes.

That, sir, is poor balance, when the main objective of the game is flat out ignored and not optimal play. You win games by hoping for a surrender after the opposite team realizes that fighting back is not worth the investment because the snowball factor is too out of control as to allow them a fair comeback. A DotA-style map where you don't even have to destroy the enemy base, just make the game unfun and unplayable for the opposite team by treating the game like a Deathmatch.

SR has been ruined without any need for any other game mode or map to show its face. Riot and the community have been ruining it consistently on a daily basis since launch.

While I fully understand that perfect balance is nothing but a pipe dream, SR has had two years now to get to this point and it is still way off the mark. Dominion, having been in development only one year and only out for a week, already has people playing the way it was meant to be played, regardless of any other balance issues. And believe me, you're right in assuming that there are some balance issues with CS. That's just to be expected.

What you fail to realize here is that Riot knows there are serious balance issues plaguing SR. The irony is that the community wants the game this way. People like you absolutely want SR to stay unbalanced, and why shouldn't you? Everybody's only been playing it for two years and Riot still pulls in money for nothing but aesthetic changes.

Let me speak plainly: you hate Dominion because it isn't exactly like SR and because you don't want to learn a different set of skills to play it competently. You're not concerned about balance, there's no reason for you to be, you love SR.

Stop your b!tching and just play what you like. You can't prove that Dominion is unbalanced unless you recognize that Summoner's Rift is, at the very least, just as unbalanced but for different reasons.
I'd argue with you further but I'd honestly get more rationality from my 4 year old niece. If you think SR is as unbalanced as Dominion I really don't know what to say.

Myrmidont

09-30-2011

Quote:

hurr durr a game gets balanced around one map for years and years and you expect dominion to compare in balance