Is Dominion falling in popularity?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xin Kaishek

09-30-2011

I prefer TT to Dominion, but Dominion to SR. Just depends on your playstyle at this point. I find playing all three modes regularly really helps me improve overall though!

Numbat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellrider View Post
Does it uses the same elo as your normal games elo or it has it's own elo?

I waited 5 mins for a game yesterday =(
I know TT does. If Dominion does though I think it's a bad idea...

Mavrik V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futonlol View Post
I got bored of it fast, i'm sure a lot of players did. Its like a different game, its so sloppy its boring.
This ^.

Great idea, poor execution. If you want to make the mode more competitive, I'd recommend double the time it takes for 1 champion to cap a node, but keep the additive speed capping in when it comes to 2+ person caps. This would make lame movement speed champions such as Rammus and Shaco less overpowered and more balanced as well as creating the opportunity for strategic counter-play.

I'd also recommend doing something about the mechanics behind minion waves; at the moment they seem very pointless due to their sluggish use. Consider decreasing their total health (making them easier to push) and increasing their damage (making them useful to cap).

Venom

Recruiter

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbat View Post
I know TT does. If Dominion does though I think it's a bad idea...
Hope it doesn't too.

Venom

Recruiter

09-30-2011

Just checked lolstats and it has elo change for everygame =(

PrincessDerpy

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post

Great idea, poor execution. If you want to make the mode more competitive, I'd recommend double the time it takes for 1 champion to cap a node
And now a team of competent defensive-type champs can win the game mode by just interrupting caps since capping would take forever.

I really love how you discredit your own critique in the first sentence of your post. This is a very poorly thought out overreaction to OMFG BACKDOOR.

YUSONAMES

09-30-2011

nearly 100 dominion games, only had ques above 2 minutes during the beta where ques bugged out and people were having 2 hours que times

Rippedface

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
So far we're pleased with Dominion and the number of people playing. I'd suspect queue times in Draft with a high ELO will cause you to wait for quite a bit at this point.
Makes me wondeer what my elo is when I have 3+ minute wait times for Dominion.

Tenreiken

09-30-2011

I like Dominion a million times more than Summoner's Rift, and only play Dominion now. I love being able to finish a game in 20-25 minutes. I love the faster pace. I love how its not as linear as SR. I love how certain champs are now much more fun to play and viable on the new map. I love Dominion.

Mavrik V

09-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerivalara View Post
And now a team of competent defensive-type champs can win the game mode by just interrupting caps since capping would take forever.

I really love how you discredit your own critique in the first sentence of your post. This is a very poorly thought out overreaction to OMFG BACKDOOR.
How incredibly illogical. Defensive type champions cannot win team fights, nor can they succeed in the initial cap. Keep believing you have any clue how to balance a game though friend.