Krshna's Dominion Tier List and Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

Senior Member

09-29-2011

EDIT: People, you don't need to rage at my choices, if you think something is badly out of place, mention it, give a compelling argument, and I will move them. I'm not claiming that this list is gospel, or that I am right. This is an attempt to organize the champions into relative power levels. The mode has been out for less than a week and it is impossible for one person to know exactly how good every champion is. Read it, take it for what it is, try to stay calm, and please give suggestions so that the list can be improved. There has already been an absolute uproar that I have Alistar and Warwick placed too low. I will raise them. Your hatred does not help this list. Be civil, make suggestions, and maybe we can make a good list, together.

EDIT 2: I have made a few moves due to complaints/suggestions from posters. Thank you all for your advice.


DOMINION TIER LIST (Tier 1 and 2 in order of Power, Tier 3 and 4 in alphabetical order)

Tier 1: Jax, Akali, Rammus, Gangplank, Pantheon, Kassadin, Ezreal, Heimerdinger, Riven, Nocturne, Karthus, Irelia, Poppy, Udyr, Xin Zhao, Talon, Shaco, Rumble

Tier 2: Vayne, Cassiopeia, Twisted Fate, Blitzcrank, Kennen, Lee Sin, Anivia, LeBlanc, Master Yi, Evelynn, Alistar, Janna, Kog'Maw, Jarvan, Lux, Vladimir, Maokai, Singed, Katarina, Soraka, Amumu, Caitlyn, Garen, Leona, Twitch, Ryze, Yorick, Zilean

Tier 3: Ashe, Annie, Brand, Corki, Galio, Gragas, Malphite, Malzahar, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Nidalee, Olaf, Orianna, Shen, Sion, Sona, Swain, Teemo, Tristana, Trundle, Tryndamere, Urgot, Warwick, Veigar

Tier 4: Cho'Gath, Dr. Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Kayle, Miss Fortune, Nasus, Nunu, Sivir, Taric


BREAKDOWN:

Tier 1: These champions have multiple strengths suited to the needs of Dominion, and few weaknesses. These champions can fully fulfill one of the three roles of Assault, Defense, or Roam. These champions should be Banned or Picked.

Tier 2: These champions are nearly as strong as the Tier 1 champions, but usually lack in one area. Be it an inability to duel, a reliance on a high cooldown ultimate, or low mobility, these champs all have a weakness. However their strength outweighs their weakness, making these champions strong picks.

Tier 3: These champions all have a major weakness that hurt their ability to be effective on The Crystal Scar. They are in no way terrible, they are still viable, but you will suffer at one point or another trying to make up for their weakness. The champions are lacking in a few areas, usually inability to stand up to duelists, inability to survive, limited by long cooldowns, or lack of damage.

Tier 4: These champions are not viable in this mode and have many weaknesses that added up cripple the champion. They suffer from inability to duel, inability to survive, long cooldowns, lack of damage, etc.


It's important that we start to develop a Metagame. Everyone has been happy trying out all the new champs, but specifically for Draft Mode, it's time to start crafting team compositions.

I believe that the first Meta will be: (note that this isn't my opening strategy, this is a more all encompassing full game setup)

One Bot. This Champion will lane Bot nearly all game, farming Minions and Protecting their own Bot. This Champion is usually either Ranged, or great at clearing Minions and defending a point alone. They should only push to the enemy Bot and attempt to Cap if:

A) They killed the champion at their own platform, or in the middle of the lane, and they can freely push
B) They are strong enough to tower dive the enemy Bot

Times when Bot should NOT push:

A) If the enemy is strong enough to defend a towerdive
B) If the enemy team has more people there than your team does

Never attack Bot when outnumbered. It is perfectly fine even just to neutralize Bot before running away from their respawn/reinforcements. Consider the Capping of enemy Bot or Mid as an interrupt to their point flow, not as a point to be defended.

Three Top. These champions will have the responsibility of capturing and holding Top. These champions are good skirmishers/teamfighters, and have the ability to towerdive. Obviously they won't sit top all game, if and when other needs arise, they should tend to those needs, but they should always come back to Top, and anytime that your team does not control top, these three champions first priority should be the capture of Top.

These three will also Roam when needed, pushing to Enemy Mid after getting kills to try to Neutralize/Cap, or assisting Bot in pushing Enemy Bot to Neutralize/Cap. They will also help in the defense of Bot, and the prevention of Backdoors. Note that these actions should only be taken if Top is captured and secured.

One Roam. This champion has no pure responsibility to any one point. This Champion usually is very mobile and fast, and is a good ganker. This person's main job is to assist Top and Bot when they need assisting (whoever needs it more at the time), and if both points are secure, to attempt to Backdoor the enemy Mid/Bot, prevention of Backdoors, and Interception, holding people up as they pass through the Jungle to create time for your Point Defense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basist

Senior Member

09-29-2011

You put Nunu, Alistar, and Warwick in Tier 4? Wow....I thought everyones tier lists were terribad but this one takes the cake. All I wanted to see first was what you thought were the "weakest" champions and then work from there.....nope not anymore. You suck at this, plain and simple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shamorc

Junior Member

09-29-2011

I agree with Basist. How in the world can you put Alistar in Tier 4? OMG I'm baffled...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acebeans

Junior Member

09-29-2011

How about you guys not be D-bags?

The guy is just putting his personal strategy out there, he's not claiming it's the gospel or anything.

Lighten up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

Senior Member

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
You put Nunu, Alistar, and Warwick in Tier 4? Wow....I thought everyones tier lists were terribad but this one takes the fking cake. All I saw was what you thought was the "weakest" champions and that was it. You suck at this, plain and simple.
Are you implying that these three champions are strong on Dominion? Nunu is useless, considering that there is no Jungle to Jungle, very little creeps to consume, and his inability to deal any damage or survive.

Warwick has relies way too heavily on high cooldown ultimate. He is useless in the level 1 top fight.

Alistar deals no damage, and relies an massively long cooldowns. He does nothing between these cooldowns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basist

Senior Member

09-29-2011

If someone is putting the time into thinking they have a "tier list" and obviously thinks WARWICK or ALISTAR is bad on Dominion, then they aren't good at the game Acebeans.

It's simple as that, if he thinks champs who are perfectly fine on Dominion are trash, then he shouldn't give his opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
Are you implying that these three champions are strong on Dominion? Nunu is useless, considering that there is no Jungle to Jungle, very little creeps to consume, and his inability to deal any damage or survive.

Warwick has relies way too heavily on high cooldown ultimate. He is useless in the level 1 top fight.

Alistar deals no damage, and relies an massively long cooldowns. He does nothing between these cooldowns.
Nunu: Blood Boil for chasing and getting to points quicker. Iceblast for perma slow chase. Consume works because half of the time you're going to fight Heimer if he's not on your team.

Alistar: he deals no damage if you build him like a TANK. Get CDR, problem?

Warwick: No he doesn't. I build him with some survivability and COOLDOWNS and my ultimate has 40 second cdr. I've killed 2 champs under their point many times as WW.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

Senior Member

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamorc View Post
I agree with Basist. How in the world can you put Alistar in Tier 4? OMG I'm baffled...
Haha have you tried Alistar on Dominion? Once he uses his cooldowns, he just sits there and does nothing. He has no mobility, no damage.

This is Theoddone's take on Alistar, quoted directly from him:

"Alistar: Average early game which runs into a weak mid game. Alistar is stuck with the
roaming/offense group as he can't do anything alone except lay siege/dive until late game. Similar to Mundo, once a ad alistar gets farmed, he's a nightmare to deal with because of the fact he becomes a stronger Tryndamere as his ultimate lasts longer while having a superior closer and cc capabilities. However his team will likely be behind most of the game as a result of his weak early and mid game.
"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shamorc

Junior Member

09-29-2011

Alistar is by far one of the best defenders in Dominion. You are crazy to think otherwise. He can hold a tower 1v3 for a very decent amount of time in order for others to get there. Trust me I was on a 10 game win streak win him and at least half of those I was number 1 in points. I rarely go negative kd/r and if I do it's because I have 20+ assists. Krshna you need to move him to Tier 1 for sure and if that's too high for you then at least tier 2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

Senior Member

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post
If someone is putting the time into thinking they have a "tier list" and obviously thinks WARWICK or ALISTAR is bad on Dominion, then they aren't good at the game Acebeans.

It's simple as that, if he thinks champs who are perfectly fine on Dominion are trash, then he shouldn't give his opinion.
Warwick: While he can outlast almost anyone, he tends to do far too little damage which means he loses teamfights due to the fact everyone else on his team is being focused. However far from being a bad choice, his scent skill allows him to have godly speed almost the entire game as theres likely someone with half hp somewhere on the map which isn't that big to begin with. This allows a quick reinforcement at a far capture point which allows him to dive for any ally that does damage but can't tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abedeus

Senior Member

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
Are you implying that these three champions are strong on Dominion? Nunu is useless, considering that there is no Jungle to Jungle, very little creeps to consume, and his inability to deal any damage or survive.

Warwick has relies way too heavily on high cooldown ultimate. He is useless in the level 1 top fight.

Alistar deals no damage, and relies an massively long cooldowns. He does nothing between these cooldowns.
Warwick has huge % based damage with Q and still has his autoattacks...