Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Refunds are out!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrMostlyMittens

09-29-2011

So I just now received an email from Riot about my refund. I'm just curious who is going to take theirs and run and who is going to just forget about due to the fixes the community has done allowing us to play?

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

09-29-2011

Now by Refund, do you mean your money from RP? Or did you get a Champion's Bundle? Cause that's what I've been waiting for....

Velkorious

09-29-2011

Yup, here's the email.

Quote:
As you are aware, we regretfully shut down the Mac Beta client on September 6, 2011. Our aim is to always provide a consistent quality bar given our rapid update cycle, and it has become clear that our current approach will not be able to provide the quality of service we seek to uphold. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been a result of the closure of this beta client.

In light of this change in the availability of League of Legends on your system, we would like to offer you a full refund for all the Riot Points that you have purchased on your League of Legends account.

Please note that electing this refund will affect the following changes on your League of Legends account:

• Your remaining Riot Points balance will be set to zero.
• All content purchased with Riot Points will be removed.

The following things will not be affected:

• Your current Influence Points balance will be unaffected.
• All content purchased with Influence Points will be unaffected.
• Your game stats, summoner level, Elo rating, etc. will
be unaffected.

This refund option is available for you to elect between now and 11:59pm PST on October 5, 2011. After this date, your account will no longer be eligible for a full refund. You will have the option to receive your refund via PayPal* or physically through the mail.**

Should you choose not to elect this refund option, your account will be unaffected by the close of the League of Legends Mac Beta.
To elect a full refund for all content purchased with Riot Points on your League of Legends account, please click the button below and follow the on-screen instructions.
I guess anyone who bought XP/RP boosts actually get to keep them, regardless of refund.

MrMostlyMittens

09-29-2011

Edit: Velk beat me to it.

Bloody Loon

09-29-2011

sooo, if you didn't get this, you weren't eligible? Because I played on the mac client for about 2 months, and only about 1 month on pc (after they discontinued mac client).... If so, that's pretty sh*tty.

Racecar0

Recruiter

09-29-2011

No email yet on my end either. Thought this was a troll when I first saw it, until others chimed in.

Anne Bancroft

09-29-2011

I haven't gotten this email yet?

Velkorious

09-29-2011

I got mine barely half an hour ago. Give it time.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

09-29-2011

Were the people who have received their emails "official testers"? Like, you posted in that Udyr thread like a year ago, blah blah blah?

MrMostlyMittens

09-29-2011

I wasn't, I just downloaded the client modified by the community from a different thread a few months ago when I first started playing.

Also proof I'm not trolling;