The Church of Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elealar

10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Only the feeble-minded were limited to the simplicity of stacking of the mighty Gunblade.

Possible new build :

Ninja Tabi
Gunblade
Rageblade
Will of Ancients
Second lifesteal item of choice, maybe a Stark's
and...... ????
Never forget his mighty vitality empowering Atma's Impaler like no other.

Jazba Junoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-19-2011

1. Ninja Tabi or Merc's [Depending on freaking SNARES by Lux, Morgana, Ryze]
2. HGB
3. ATMA's
4. Abyssal Scepter
5. Wit's End or Stark's Fervor [Depending on AP heavy team or AD heavy team]
6. QQS or Thornmail [Depending on CC heavy team or AD heavy team]

JAX doesnt need Guinsoo's Rageblade. JAX doesnt need Guinsoo's Rageblade.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

While I am sure that Jax does fine with any random assortment of equipment such as the above, I wonder how to truly optimize him.

Gunblade is alright but it honestly does not give that many stats for its cost anymore, making me think that a pure AP or AD approach might wind up being superior.

Full AP allows Deathcaps 30% scaling and more bonus health for the gold. Also allows Lichbane to potentially be used which already is nice for MS, MR, AP, and some extra mana pool.
While his true autoattack suffers, consider that every 3rd hit scales with 0.7 AP ratio, or each hit with a .24 ratio. Since AP is half the price of AD, this means that AP basically boosts Jax autoattack by half as much per gold cost as AD does.

AD on the other hand boosts his autoattack considerably, allows for crit stacking too, and boosts his health and 2 of his skills decently. Whether it is worthwhile to consider, I don't know.

-------Random Question:

If Jax gets temporary AD or AP like from Rageblade or Sanguine Blade, his health gets boosted accordingly. How does that work exactly when the AD/AP goes away?

a) Jax gets +X current and max health, then always loses X current and max health when it wears off. (the worst possibility)

b) Jax gets X current and max health, then loses X max health when it wears off. (the best possibility...i.e. temp health heals him)

c) Jax gets X current and max health, and damage taken first comes out of that temporary health pool. So if he took no damage, he would lose X max and current health and be where he was. But if he took X damage, he would only lose the X max and stay at his current health.

Which is it?

Isphus

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
Only the feeble-minded were limited to the simplicity of stacking of the mighty Gunblade.

Possible new build :

Ninja Tabi
Gunblade
Rageblade
Will of Ancients
Second lifesteal item of choice, maybe a Stark's
and...... ????
Will of the ancients? Are you serious?

1- tabi
2- gunblade
3- rageblade
4- atmas
5- Trinity/Infinity
6- situational item depending on you opponents. Or Infinity/trinity.