Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Official Riot Support Response Thread - Unique Responses ONLY!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YSfighter

09-29-2011

Ok guys i've noticed that Riot hasn't been very informative in terms of their support team responding to us. So i thought i'd put this thread up for people to post the information exchange between themselves and Riot with regard to the Champ pack or the Refunds.

I actually recently emailed them and received a coherent response. I'll post that here in the hope that some of you will read it.
Please guys, this isn't a hate thread. Don't vent. Just copy paste your exchanges with Riot here. Censor your real names

Quote:
XXXXXXXXX, Sep-22 23:16 (PDT):Dear Riot,
I have several questions regarding the refund policy and rewards for the Mac beta testers. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME THAT STUPID AUTOMATED RESPONSE YOU'VE SENT EVERY MAC TESTER.
READ.
Ok i'm calm now.
1). Will RP bought in the form of RP gift cards in stores be refunded?
2). Could you give me any details on how the RP will be refunded?
3). I have been part of the original beta test for Windows and since i've been playing LoL for MUCH longer than most testers have, there is very little chance that 50% of my logins will be on Mac, although i've been testing for Mac since it was released pretty much. Will i still qualify for the Champ pack.
4). Which Champ pack is this? What are the Champions basically?
5). If we have Champions in the above mentioned Champ pack already purchased through RP/IP, will the RP/IP be refunded to us?
Thank you for your time and patience.
YSfighter

Quote:
Adrasteia, Sep-25 17:54 (PDT):Greetings summoner,
Sorry if you've been waiting long. I am called Adrasteia and it will be my pleasure to assist you. Feel free to laugh, cry, or even fire an enchanted crystal arrow at my face for I am here for you now!
1. We are considering our options to make sure that RP cards from stores are properly refunded.
2. Unfortunately, we cannot provide details regarding this at this time, but you will receive an e-mail with these details in the future.
3. We can’t say for sure whether or not you are eligible, but we want to make sure that we properly compensate our Mac testers for their contributions, so don't worry.
4. We have announced that we will add the Champion’s Bundles.
5. That is being considered, but once again I cannot provide the details at this time.
I hope this answers your questions!

Best of luck on the Fields of Justice.

Adrasteia
"Abide by the Summoner's Code and my service shall be forever yours."

Quote:
Greetings Adrasteia,

Let me first thank you for one of the most coherent answers i have ever received from Riot's customer service and certainly the best response so far on this matter from any Riot employee.

1). Thanks.
2). It is the end of September now, which is the time we were promised answers by. When can we expect something concrete?
3). Good to know.
4). Yes but i think you didn't understand my question here. What i'm asking you is which Champ bundle is this? Currently there are 2 of them in the store, is it one of them, and if so which one? Or is it a brand new one exclusive to Mac testers? If it's the latter could you please tell us what champions are included so that we don't go buying them anytime soon?
5). I understand that this is still being considered, but if I may, a simple point to mention. A reward bundle isn't a reward bundle if we already have everything in it. That said same question as point 2. Eta for information?

Thank you,
YSfighter

Quote:
Adrasteia, Sep-28 12:28 (PDT):

I appreciate the feedback. I'm answering them to the best of my ability. Since I'm not personally working in those departments I can only relay all the information I know so I apologize for answers that are not completely concrete. All I know is that Riot understands the gravity of these issues for they are very important, and as such we put in as much time needed to ensure it's done with quality. The sacrifice is the time it takes to wait for it all. I understand that can be frustrating (we're all gamers and human beings) and I don't blame you for wishing there were more concrete answers.

Anyways, here's what I have for you:

1. No problem.
2. Unfortunately, there is no time table for this yet, and I hate to Soon™ you, but all I can really say IS "soon." We do HEAR about it every day so we know it's being worked on.
3. You're welcome.
4. It has been announced via the forums that it will be the "Champions" bundle found in store.
5. No ETA. I'll pass on your feedback, though.

Best of luck on the Fields of Justice.

Adrasteia
"Abide by the Summoner's Code and my service shall be forever yours."

Quote:

Make your own conclusions. But here's what I think. Riot's communication issue is both internal and external.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

09-29-2011

and so the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing.

i'd thank Adrasteia anyway, he's the first one who doesn't post the copypaste and is actually useful. thanks, man. or woman. or Void-generated asexual monster. or Taric.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

09-29-2011

Quote:
YSfighter:

Make your own conclusions. But here's what I think. Riot's communication issue is both internal and external.

Clearly. They can't even agree amongst themselves what to do with us Mac Users.

Still, nice that you got a Support that wasn't a Copy Paste person.

Flame of Udun

09-29-2011

Fukc

pavi132

09-29-2011

I find it funny that he said "I hope this answers your questions!" after basically saying "I can't really give you an actual answer" to 1, 2, 3, and 5.

fishnecktie

09-29-2011

How was anyone confused about the Champion Bundle? They said "All players who had a majority of their logins through the Mac client will automatically have the Champions Bundle added into their accounts in the coming weeks." That's the exact name of it in the store.

Man, people sometimes.

pavi132

09-29-2011

xxxxxxx, Sep-23 13:24 (PDT):
All we can ask for right now is patience regarding the Mac client. I do know they have plans for it, but I don't have all of those details. If I were able to provide you with all of the information regarding it, I'd be happy to do that, but I'm afraid that's not the case. As I mentioned before, just keep an eye out on our website for updates about it.
I won't claim to be incredibly savvy with computers, but if I'm not mistaken, there is a Windows operating system emulator for the Mac which you can find online. If nothing else, our client *should* (no guarantees) work on that emulator. I only say this as a temporary possible solution though. Just a thought in case you really, really want to play!
If you have any other questions, let me know.
Farewell,
xxxxxxx
Riot Support Team

pavi132, Sep-21 12:39 (PDT):
Alright final couple of questions. Are we actually expected to just stick around and wait for a new Mac client when we have no information on it whatsoever as well as no information about why it is being closed in the first place beyond being not up to "standards"? Can we at least get an email when more information about the Mac client is released?

xxxxxxx, Sep-21 10:47 (PDT):
Hello Summoner,
My apologies for the delayed response.
While I would love to answer these questions for you, I simply don't have those answers at this time. Riot prides ourselves on providing the very best experience we can to our players. If the Mac Beta was shut down because we couldn't reach those standards with that client, then I'm more than sure there was a good reason for it. We want to have as smooth of a transition into the Mac system as possible and it seems that just wasn't happening with the beta client.
Your other questions are answers I'm simply not allowed to give at this time. The information regarding a new Mac client is being kept locked up tight until we're ready to let it go. I'd like to suggest you keep an eye out on our website's announcements section for future details. In the mean time, I thank you for your patience with us and wish you the very best!
Farewell,
xxxxxxx
Riot Support Team

pavi132, Sep-18 02:54 (PDT):
I still have a few questions. Tamat mentioned that the reasoning for the closing of the client is that it wasn't up to "Riot standards". I was wondering what exactly those standards were that justified the closing of the client. Does the closing, for example, have to do with Dominion not being compatible with the client in some capacity? Finally, Tamat also mentioned a long term plan to "reinvent" the client for the Mac. Does this mean that Riot has hired their own team, rather than working with another company, to work on and create this client? If so, how long have they been working on it, if they have been at all, and how far off is this client from coming out approximately?

From bottom to top are the responses I got. The first was the generic response so I didn't include it. My second set of questions (on the 21st) were definitely written out of anger and frustration at the lack of information I got in the previous response. Take from it what you will but it seems like not much information was given other than that they are going to post something on the announcements forums I guess. I also didn't include the name of the support staff member I talked to since I don't know if they would want to have their name on here or not!

KrunchyKibbles

09-29-2011

Wow Adrasteia seems really cool... my ass hole service guy just did a copy and paste for me -___-

YSfighter

09-29-2011

Yeah my guy was TBH actually quite helpful.

Saving post for a response i saw to someone else's support ticket.