Garen Builds for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

Looking for input. How can I get the most out of this human lawnmower?

NationalKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

Defense boots and atmogs id say. Works at most of the bruisers. Then go sunfire or entropy. Ur job as Garen on dominion is to be a pain in the ass, not kill anyone anyways...

ActionButlerGO

09-29-2011

Anyone else?

slusho

09-29-2011

you can play garen several ways. i personally like building him as the defender that never dies, while others can utilize his offensive capabilities.

ActionButlerGO

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slusho View Post
you can play garen several ways. i personally like building him as the defender that never dies, while others can utilize his offensive capabilities.
What do you use to build him tanky? I've been sticking to his recommended items with mixed success.

I ask because I played against an enemy garen last night with a completely different build geared more towards offense.

Krald

09-29-2011

Dominion is essentially all about glass cannon builds, with minor defense ( in most cases )

Full Offensive masteries. runes can vary, I run 2 different setups depending on how strong my team's early game is.

Weak team early game:
phys dmg marks and quints
armor seals
mr glyphs

Strong team early game:
Armor pen marks and quints (can do movespeed)
dodge seals
MR/level or cooldown blues

Item build:
Prospects, boots, potion start
dodge, swiftness, or merc treads (dont finish til after brutalizer)
Brutalizer (can skip depending on enemy team)
phage
atmas
upg phage to mallet (possibly entropy, overall not a fan of it on garen because of low AS)
Sunfire, force of nature, or Odyn's Veil
Infinity Edge

Situational: Hexdrinker vs certain poke setups. Sanguine blade instead of IE for lifesteal against poke

Basically its all about doing TONS OF DAMAGE

Shadowsaint

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCartographer View Post
Looking for input. How can I get the most out of this human lawnmower?

Honestly building more than 1 defensive item is just a waste of an item slot on dominion and your better off just building pure offense. I have been running a full ad per level rune page and rushing a last whisper. Thats around 55% armor pen and from there you just nab infinity and sanquine blade.

Jubez

09-29-2011

Honestly, Garen isn't that viabile on Dominion for a few reasons.

1. His strongest levels are 1-3, which don't really even exist
2. Few minions to farm courage
3. Dominion is based off of small fights and 1v1's. Garen is pretty fail late game at 1v1'ing the likes of Tryndamere, Nocturne, Xin, Talon

I mean, he's not TERRIBLE, but none of those above points are even arguable. But as what most people said, go more offense than defense. Atmogs is always good. Brutalizer kind of sucks because everyone already has 15% or so ArPen.

EDIT: as someone else said, AD per level is GOD, seeing as you start at level 3 and such. DON'T USE ARMOR PEN. It wouldn't hurt to replace your armor runes with dodge runes too.

ActionButlerGO

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieep View Post
Honestly, Garen isn't that viabile on Dominion for a few reasons.

1. His strongest levels are 1-3, which don't really even exist
2. Few minions to farm courage
3. Dominion is based off of small fights and 1v1's. Garen is pretty fail late game at 1v1'ing the likes of Tryndamere, Nocturne, Xin, Talon

I mean, he's not TERRIBLE, but none of those above points are even arguable. But as what most people said, go more offense than defense. Atmogs is always good. Brutalizer kind of sucks because everyone already has 15% or so ArPen.
He is not the top tier everyone said he would be during beta, I'll grant you that, but... what can I say... he's actually kind of fun to play as on Dominion (can't stand him on SR).

You're right, though, maybe it's time I branched out.

Jubez

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCartographer View Post
He is not the top tier everyone said he would be during beta, I'll grant you that, but... what can I say... he's actually kind of fun to play as on Dominion (can't stand him on SR).

You're right, though, maybe it's time I branched out.
D= I love Garen on SR >. But usually on Dominion I go for Jarvan seeing as he's pretty much the DPS version of Garen, where as Garen is more bursty. Jarvan also brings much more utility. Very easy to defend when you garison and cataclysm someone in tower range, ya know?