Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zilean on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hadokken

09-29-2011

Does anyone else think Zilean is amazing on Dominion? Maybe its just me, but i'm having sooo much fun with him.

Here is a little clip i put together real quick, to show you what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KabK21ssWDk

Oh and, his passive on Dominion = win

hadokken

09-29-2011

bump

MilanesaConPure

09-29-2011

I tryed out zil many ways, i figured out the best way is to go with the super movement speed boots,Priscilla's Blessing , and 4 pantom dancers( i end up allways at the first 3, mostly 1st, and with like a 80% wins).
U play only to capture and neutralize, and make the other team to be continually trying to stop u.. That way u not only get a lot of "turrets" and score points, but u make a lot of time for the rest of your team to take over whats left of your oppnents team ( the ones not chasing u all of the time).
Just Spam W all of the time, and use E a lot. ( dont maximize bombs, actualy, put one point at lvl 4, and leave it there)

Mystic Txe

09-29-2011

Absolutely, not only is move speed king, but his ult is useful as well, especially if you bring Garrison.

Necks

09-29-2011

Quote:
hadokken:
Does anyone else think Zilean is amazing on Dominion? Maybe its just me, but i'm having sooo much fun with him.

Here is a little clip i put together real quick, to show you what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KabK21ssWDk

Oh and, his passive on Dominion = win

He's okay. He has his perks, just like any other champion on Dominion.

Skwid1g

09-29-2011

Yes. He's really strong on Dominion.

Really hilarious too.

hadokken

09-29-2011

Quote:
MilanesaConPure:
I tryed out zil many ways, i figured out the best way is to go with the super movement speed boots,Priscilla's Blessing , and 4 pantom dancers( i end up allways at the first 3, mostly 1st, and with like a 80% wins).
U play only to capture and neutralize, and make the other team to be continually trying to stop u.. That way u not only get a lot of "turrets" and score points, but u make a lot of time for the rest of your team to take over whats left of your oppnents team ( the ones not chasing u all of the time).
Just Spam W all of the time, and use E a lot. ( dont maximize bombs, actualy, put one point at lvl 4, and leave it there)

hmmm... i havent tried building him like that. sounds like it could work though. I may have to try it.

General Balls

09-29-2011

Absolutely. Get a Tear/Tier 1 Boots first, spam while waiting for the bridge, then later on build CDR and make sure to pick up Priscilla's Blessing. I play Zilean as a speed/slow/revive bot, maxing Rewind, then Time Warp, then Bombs (though I put one point in bombs at level 4 to interrupt caps). With a couple of CDR items and about level 11, Zilean can permanently keep himself sped, or an enemy slowed. Because your spamming of rewind/time warp charges your tear quickly, you will not run out of Mana past level 10. And with the fast CDR, combined with Rewind, your ult will generally be up 40 or less seconds after you've used it.

I play him pure disruption, relying on my teammates for damage. Using Boots of Mobility and his spammable time warp, I'll backcap whenever they leave a point. During skirmishes I use his ult liberally, and slow/speed to determine who escapes and who dies.

To be honest, it's Time Warp, combined with Rewind, that determines Zilean's place on Dominion. Mid-late game, you are a hard counter to melee champions. I perma-slowed a Garen running towards the middle buff for a good thirty seconds, and kept interrupting his channel for another thirty, until a teammate of his chased me off, whereupon I sped myself, wheeled around, and took the Drill while they were pushing the foundry. I essentially shut him down for a minute, and all he could have done was ult me (which would've been a waste). His spin removes slows, yes, but I just slow him again, due to rewind and low cooldowns.

With good teamwork, Zilean is the kind of character that can easily win games in Dominion without ever getting a kill, or even doing much damage. He has extreme consistent mobility, and can shut down that of other champions in any random encounter, before Rewinding and speeding himself off again (or hanging around and perma-slowing them if they cannot respond).

If you're interested, here's a game of my play. Pretty average, but there you go. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0g_cy09YiY&list=FLLo0nOJxBmvyBVYrupiGszw&index=2

hadokken

09-29-2011

Quote:
General Balls:
Absolutely. Get a Tear/Tier 1 Boots first, spam while waiting for the bridge, then later on build CDR and make sure to pick up Priscilla's Blessing. I play Zilean as a speed/slow/revive bot, maxing Rewind, then Time Warp, then Bombs (though I put one point in bombs at level 4 to interrupt caps). With a couple of CDR items and about level 11, Zilean can permanently keep himself sped, or an enemy slowed. Because your spamming of rewind/time warp charges your tear quickly, you will not run out of Mana past level 10. And with the fast CDR, combined with Rewind, your ult will generally be up 40 or less seconds after you've used it.

I play him pure disruption, relying on my teammates for damage. Using Boots of Mobility and his spammable time warp, I'll backcap whenever they leave a point. During skirmishes I use his ult liberally, and slow/speed to determine who escapes and who dies.

To be honest, it's Time Warp, combined with Rewind, that determines Zilean's place on Dominion. Mid-late game, you are a hard counter to melee champions. I perma-slowed a Garen running towards the middle buff for a good thirty seconds, and kept interrupting his channel for another thirty, until a teammate of his chased me off, whereupon I sped myself, wheeled around, and took the Drill while they were pushing the foundry. I essentially shut him down for a minute, and all he could have done was ult me (which would've been a waste). His spin removes slows, yes, but I just slow him again, due to rewind and low cooldowns.

With good teamwork, Zilean is the kind of character that can easily win games in Dominion without ever getting a kill, or even doing much damage. He has extreme consistent mobility, and can shut down that of other champions in any random encounter, before Rewinding and speeding himself off again (or hanging around and perma-slowing them if they cannot respond).

If you're interested, here's a game of my play. Pretty average, but there you go. :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0g_cy09YiY&list=FLLo0nOJxBmvyBVYrupiGszw&index=2

might also have to try this too... it just seems im too squishy without getting zhonya's + rylai. if anyone is around i will prolly fall over in 2 hits D: yi and shaco are pretty good at getting to zilean

Forum Use Only

09-29-2011

The best luck I had with Zilean was going 40% CDR Tank Zil. Ended up out-trolling a Summoner's Rift Singed.

Screw damage, he doesn't need it. What he needs is mana, CDR, mana, tankiness, and did I mention mana because support Zil ooms like a boss.