Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I can't stop losing in Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YUSONAMES

09-29-2011

No its decided by teamwork, dont solo.

Fiolina

09-29-2011

Quote:
Basist:
If you want to win some games, then pick a champ that you like but also can counter them. Only sticking to a few champs is very boring, I learned to play every champ so I could pick the best one for each situation. Some you might not like as much as others, but if you start stomping it'll be fun.

I'm not very good at remembering what counters what, which is why I decided on just picking a few to learn well.

I mean, I really, really suck at remembering counters. I have 1000+ games played on SR and I still don't know counters.

exe3

09-29-2011

So far my losses have been because I get paired with idiots constantly. First few matches were magically, everyone on both teams were smart and played well then slowly as I racked up wins I started to get more and more picked with morons. So depressing losing because people won't stop chasing kills or following obvious baits leaving no one to defend after they die.

Hannor

09-29-2011

Quote:
nopax:
I play draft. I have like 40 wins and 100 losses. 75 of those roughly were from 4v5's on my team. Most of the 40 wins were from leavers on the enemy team.

I've found the game is decided by who has the inevitable leaver that is in every single dominion game. I've been really unlucky. Went 4 hours straight earlier of draft dominion with a leaver on my team every game but one (surprisingly the enemy team didn't have one either that game).

The issue with draft is there's so many strong dominion picks that 4 bans isn't sufficient. (Shaco, rammus, akali, jax, poppy, karthus, gp, noc, panth).

This is why I don't play Dominion Draft. All the draft mode does is make people qq and decide the outcome of a game that has not started. People say they play draft cause they don't like to play against certain champions, but running away is not the way to tackle your problems.

Fiolina

09-29-2011

Quote:
exe3:
So far my losses have been because I get paired with idiots constantly. First few matches were magically, everyone on both teams were smart and played well then slowly as I racked up wins I started to get more and more picked with morons. So depressing losing because people won't stop chasing kills or following obvious baits leaving no one to defend after they die.

The problem is that personal score is garbage. The game is basically 'hold three points and defend', but personal score encourages you to act like an idiot.

exe3

09-29-2011

Quote:
Fiolina:
The problem is that personal score is garbage. The game is basically 'hold three points and defend', but personal score encourages you to act like an idiot.

What do you honestly get from that personal score thing? It's stupid. I never even notice the thing and am surprised when I have a '1' next to my name afterwards.

Fiolina

09-29-2011

Quote:
exe3:
What do you honestly get from that personal score thing? It's stupid. I never even notice the thing and am surprised when I have a '1' next to my name afterwards.

It's basically a way to gauge how well you're doing in the match, except it's heavily biased around taking caps, not holding them. You get more points from repeatedly taking and losing, instead of holding.

xcience

09-29-2011

i find that gameplay varies drasticly between summoner levels 15 and 30. If you 30 you can adjust your char a bit more for dominion makin more viable.

For the most part it could be the champs you are picking. champs that scale well with AD or AP seem to do the best. For instant champs like mundo dont have any scaleing and all the damage boosts besides burning agony are per skill level. This is part of the reason sion does well. He has 1 to 1 ratios on his AP to damage. Nunu is also very strong for the same reason with his ice ball. Udyr's tiger stance has an incredible AD ration to it and can easily destroy people right out the gate if you get even just a little AD.

You could always pick GP, TF, EZ, panth, lux; Get max cooldown and the right damage and just cast your global whenever someone is caping...... which is about every time its up..... considering people are almost alwasy caping something.

Maybe you need to change your strategy up a bit. do you get prospector items? if so go top and kill someone and get windmill. If you bought something peices of items go bottom or cap middle top first.

Above all else: never give up hope or stop trying. Its not GG till a nexus explodes.

right now im 11 wins 11 losses in dominion. You shouldnt be to concerned about wining right now. Just try out every char as many ways as you can and see what you can get to work. I have only tryed out 22 champ and i intend on trying all that i own.

Just my 2 cents

Fiolina

09-29-2011

Quote:
xcience:
i find that gameplay varies drasticly between summoner levels 15 and 30. If you 30 you can adjust your char a bit more for dominion makin more viable.

For the most part it could be the champs you are picking. champs that scale well with AD or AP seem to do the best. For instant champs like mundo dont have any scaleing and all the damage boosts besides burning agony are per skill level. This is part of the reason sion does well. He has 1 to 1 ratios on his AP to damage. Nunu is also very strong for the same reason with his ice ball. Udyr's tiger stance has an incredible AD ration to it and can easily destroy people right out the gate if you get even just a little AD.

You could always pick GP, TF, EZ, panth, lux; Get max cooldown and the right damage and just cast your global whenever someone is caping...... which is about every time its up..... considering people are almost alwasy caping something.

Maybe you need to change your strategy up a bit. do you get prospector items? if so go top and kill someone and get windmill. If you bought something peices of items go bottom or cap middle top first.

Above all else: never give up hope or stop trying. Its not GG till a nexus explodes.

right now im 11 wins 11 losses in dominion. You shouldnt be to concerned about wining right now. Just try out every char as many ways as you can and see what you can get to work. I have only tryed out 22 champ and i intend on trying all that i own.

Just my 2 cents

Really good advice, imo. Just seems like people don't seem too concerned with capping top, and I keep trying to take it somehow, but it's sort of impossible.

Gerchotalarga

09-29-2011

ppl still chooses the champion they wanna play in dominion; but as in SR, you have to pick sth to contribute with the team. If you teammates doesnt have a good early, pick one and rush top to fight. If your team doesnt have a good defender, pick karthus, heimer, soraka... and stay bot all game... If your team doesnt have a strong late, then you know what to do... doing this, you will be winning most of your games. I hardly loose one, i just pick what the team needs...

Oh, and play draft and ban those broken champs, it really helps to balance the game.
Those are: Rammus, akali, poppy, shaco.

Best bans for dominion.