Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I can't stop losing in Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiolina

09-29-2011

I've won 4 games and lost something like fifteen. It seems like Dominion, even more than the regular game mode, is decided at champion select. It's really becoming not fun at all.

Basist

09-29-2011

There is only one question that can be asked before we continue: Are you playing Blind Pick or Draft? If the answer is the first one, then that is the answer right there.

nopax

09-29-2011

I play draft. I have like 40 wins and 100 losses. 75 of those roughly were from 4v5's on my team. Most of the 40 wins were from leavers on the enemy team.

I've found the game is decided by who has the inevitable leaver that is in every single dominion game. I've been really unlucky. Went 4 hours straight earlier of draft dominion with a leaver on my team every game but one (surprisingly the enemy team didn't have one either that game).

The issue with draft is there's so many strong dominion picks that 4 bans isn't sufficient. (Shaco, rammus, akali, jax, poppy, karthus, gp, noc, panth).

Fiolina

09-29-2011

Quote:
Basist:
There is only one question that can be asked before we continue: Are you playing Blind Pick or Draft? If the answer is the first one, then that is the answer right there.

I started off playing blind pick, but quickly realized that this is a bad idea. I never really liked draft mode though. u.u

My team captains are usually pants on head ******ed, though.

Basist

09-29-2011

Thats some terrible luck, I've only ran into one person who afk'd for about 10 minutes total on and off eventually making us lose. No other afk'ers yet. That's some bummer stuff though. Well, if you want a Warwick/Soraka/Olaf/Kassadin duo partner add me.

nopax

09-29-2011

Quote:
Fiolina:
I started off playing blind pick, but quickly realized that this is a bad idea. I never really liked draft mode though. u.u

My team captains are usually pants on head ******ed, though.

Why didn't you like draft? I found I hated it because if you're 5th pick you're stuck playing a certain champ, but with dominion that isn't the case. Team comp while it obviously still matters, is a lot less strict allowing everyone to pick whoever in 85% of games. Also it lacks the dodging issues that plague SR draft normal because of the flexibility of team comp.

Basist

09-29-2011

Quote:
nopax:
Why didn't you like draft? I found I hated it because if you're 5th pick you're stuck playing a certain champ, but with dominion that isn't the case. Team comp while it obviously still matters, is a lot less strict allowing everyone to pick whoever in 85% of games.

It can matter, but if they pick Jax/Rammus/Poppy/GP/Akali comp and your team can't handle it properly that's an insta lose right there for you no matter what.

Igasho

09-29-2011

I only play Draft mode, and currently I have more wins then losses. Reminding your team of the basics is the key to winning. Don't over-extend, don't chase off towers, and if at all possible, retreat when necessary. Far better to recall and be out of action for 5 seconds, then die and be out for 20+.

Also don't think you're a one-man army and forget your team behind when you initiate a fight that is clearly outmatched. I see this to many times at the struggle for the top in the very beginning of the game. You'll have some guy run off and get there first, and engage 3 of their champions head-on while everyone else is still waiting to catch up. He ends up dying, and now you have a 3v4, which will probably end up in everyone dying, and them capping the top, possibly even the middle too.

The game may promote taking action and capturing tower points, but play defensively and try to get your team to follow suit.

Fiolina

09-29-2011

I don't like draft because I don't really want to care about team composition. I just want to be able to lock in my favorite Dominion champion, who is usually Udyr/Kat/Singed/whatever, and play a game. I wanted to leave the stress of team composition on SR.

I guess that kind of makes me a casual, but I don't care. I'd like to win SOME of my games. The 0:300 stomps really make me wonder why I open the game sometimes.

Basist

09-29-2011

Quote:
Fiolina:

I guess that kind of makes me a casual, but I don't care. I'd like to win SOME of my games. The 0:300 stomps really make me wonder why I open the game sometimes.

If you want to win some games, then pick a champ that you like but also can counter them. Only sticking to a few champs is very boring, I learned to play every champ so I could pick the best one for each situation. Some you might not like as much as others, but if you start stomping it'll be fun.