Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champs that rely on cool-downs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kethaebra

09-29-2011

It seems to me that champions that rely on cooldowns for their damage are lacking in dominion.

Take Brand for instance. In SR he can E>Q>W a champion and do well because skirmishes can be drawn out by minions. In Dominion however, skirmishes are very prevalent and waiting 10 seconds for your dps to come back (Brand is worthless while his spells are on cooldown) is an eternity.

Now look at Tyndamere (every time i see his name my brain says "tender meat&quot. His dps is constantly turned on. He can show up for a fight and if he misses his opportunity with one champion, he can turn around and apply the same dps to another.

If Brand misses with any of his spells his dps plummets. The same is true of most casters, which is why AD carries are dominating right now.

I'm not sure what the fix is, but i would imagine that eventually Riot will have to separate balance between SR and Dominion.

Basist

09-29-2011

Meh it's not that bad. Not that many people take flash anymore unless you first pick Brand then they'll counter you, but other than that there are never more than 1-2 flashes compared to SR. It's much easier to land combos when they don't have flash. Lastly since there are 2v2/3v3 fights happening all the time your ult is the most effective compared to SR since their whole team isn't around for more burst on a few champs/no minions around for your ult to hit on accident (I hope)

Kethaebra

09-29-2011

I would have to disagree. In Dominion a lot of people are focusing on mobility more. Increased movement speed makes Brand's combos harder considering two of the three are skill shots.

But that's just Brand. From my experience any champ whose dps comes from cooldowns is at a disadvantage vs any champion whose dps is innate (ie melee).

Basist

09-29-2011

What matters the most is how good of a skillshotter you are, nothin wrong with Brand. I've landed w+q combo on a maxed Overdrive Blitz multiple times.

Timing young grasshoppah.

Kethaebra

09-29-2011

Again, I'm not saying it's impossible.

Here's an example:

For Brand to land full dps he has to: Hit a champ with E, then aim, and land Q, then launch W. IF he lands all that he will do decent damage.

For Yi or Tyndamere: You click on a champion.

See the difference?

(and in my experience, Tyndamere actually killed me AFTER landing a full E>Q>W>R combo)

Igasho

09-29-2011

Quote:
Kethaebra:
Again, I'm not saying it's impossible.

Here's an example:

For Brand to land full dps he has to: Hit a champ with E, then aim, and land Q, then launch W. IF he lands all that he will do decent damage.

For Yi or Tyndamere: You click on a champion.

See the difference?

Apples and oranges, you can kite Yi and Tryn if you're smart about it. If you're Brand, you know they will chase you, so hit them with E first, wait for them to chase, Q, and finish it with W, rinse repeat as necessary. If they're still killing you, get a thornmail and some health + spell vamp.

Kethaebra

09-29-2011

No, I've tried that. Even stacked with spell power items the E>Q>W combo doesn't take off enough damage.

I've stacked thornmail/health/vamp. The trade-off being that I lasted about a second longer and did much less damage than i was already doing.

Plus Brand is very, very slow.

coffee addict

09-29-2011

depends how you play

Basist

09-29-2011

Against dps you know what the obvious choice to get for Brand on dominion? Frozen Heart.
You get mana, high cdr, and armor+aspd debuff on enemys who try to attack you. Problem solved.

Kethaebra

09-29-2011

I've played with Brand, I can score well using him, it's just ten times harder than facerolling with Tyndamere (tender meat, i can't help it, my brain pronounces it that way every time).

Once Brand's spells are on cooldown he is WORTHLESS.

Tyndamere's damage is always on, and he has the mobility to close the gap with a ranged attacker.

In SR this isn't an issue because skirmishes are spread out over time. In Dominion they are constant. My only point is that it would help to have more caster items that reduced cooldown without sacrificing AP because casters need it.