The main things people CONTINUALLY do wrong in Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

09-29-2011

I just want to point out a few of the major flaws that a lot of players have in Dominion. There are a few main points that should just be standard, that about 75% of the players just don't seem to understand. Let me go over a few.

1) Top is the most valuable point. It is the only point that isn't significantly closer to one team's platform..Obviously the two easiest points to capture/hold, for both teams, are their own Bot and Mid. Top is is the second easiest point to capture/hold. The enemy team's Bot and Mid are the hardest points to capture/hold, due to the proximity to their platform.

Yet team after team puts little to no value on Top, and devotes way too many people to trying to take the enemy Bot. The thing about Bot... even if you capture it, you'll never hold it. It is right next to their base. People will constantly stream from the platform to reinforce, while your reinforcements are far away. Which leads me to my second point.

2) Consider a Capture in enemy territory an "interrupt". You are interrupting their point flow. Don't think of the enemy Bot and Mid as attractive points to fight for head on. It is perfectly acceptable to backdoor enemy Bot or Mid. But they are not points worth seiging. Unless you already control Top that is. Don't devote manpower and defense to defending the opposite points.

Every good team's strategy, should be this:

Send 1 bot, either a Ranged, or your weakest level 3 teamfighter
Send 4 top, the weakest teamfighter of these three caps Mid on the way, and catches up
Defend and Control your 3 points
Backdoor

Teams should not try to push to the 4th or 5th points while enemies are alive. Get your own Bot and Mid, and then devote the rest of your resources to Top. You spread yourself too thin by extending to the enemy Bot and Mid. There are too many mobile champions who will relentlessly backdoor your Bot and Mid.

3) Think of pushing the same way you would think of it on Summoner's Rift. Only push when you have an advantage. If you kill some of the enemy team, you can now go push points. But even if you get these points, don't die defending them. If you die at their Bot and Mid, they will push the advantage and take top. After killing their team, and you push to enemy Bot/Mid, even Neutralizing the point and running is better than fully capping a point, and defending it for 10 seconds before dying.

Value your life! It is your Nexus's life as well, your literally lose Nexus HP for dying, and you give up valuable map control, which will usually result in losing top.

4) The team that consistently applies pressure to the enemy Bot will lose. The same resources that go to pushing enemy Bot could be used on Top and a Roam position to stop BDs and such. The team that pressures enemy Bot gets constantly backdoored and can never hold top.

4.5) Only one person should ever be Bot, unless for defensive reasons. Basically all game, the person who went Bot to start, should consider Bot their responsibility. The other four team mates should be able to focus on holding Top, backdooring, and preventing backdoors. The only point you should ever siege is Top. Never lay Siege to Enemy Bot or Mid unless you greatly overpower the Enemy and can easily towerdive for the kill.

5) Once you have have control of your own Bot, Mid and Top, only fight on your platforms. Too often I see team mates getting baited out into fights in the middle of lanes, or even at enemy points that are defended, which is the cardinal sin. When your team controls three points, the onus is on the enemy team to make something happen.

Don't make it easier for them by going to them. Make them come to you. If they don't, they will lose. Which means they will. They have to. Why fight away from a tower if you can fight under a tower. Be patient, and be content to stand at a point and defend while nothing is happening. The only point that you don't need someone on at all times is your own Mid. Someone from Bot or Top can always make it there. But someone always needs to be at Bot and Top at all times, to make sure no one gets the point for free.

TLDR: Capture your own Bot, Mid and Top, and hold those points. If they don't come to you, let them sit on their side and slowly die. Don't get impatient. Don't go Rambo Towerdive a point in Enemy Territory just to get some action. Ideally one person should hold the entire Bot Lane alone, in a defensive posture. The other four teammates should switch between protecting Top, backdooring empty points, and stopping backdoors. Never try to capture enemy Bot or Mid while they are Defended, it's just not worth it. Whoever controls Top, controls the Game.

Cenerae

09-29-2011

The only things I see people continually doing wrong is trying to chase my 800 movespeed Janna around the map.

Like, why would you even bother?

Kick 2 the face

09-29-2011

the only i thing i see people continually doing wrong is posting threads in the wrong section

Pantsukun

09-29-2011

Tend to agree. I hate it when we have to send two people to take out the Heimer protecting the bottom point, only to have it taken back or not taken at all moments later while the rest of the team has to 3v4 top.

Krshna

09-29-2011

It just drives me crazy when my team just slowly bleeds points due to not committing any manpower to Top... I constantly get team after team that sends like 3 people Bot all game, and the point can never be held for long, cause it's right next to their base. They constantly heal while the people there slowly wear down, and usually die.

When the other team can hold top with one person, something is wrong.

KasPWI

09-29-2011

The only thing I see people continually doing wrong is chase my Singed while Ult+Ghost active.

GG.

Jolan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

I think you also need to mention that Captures are not only taking control of an enemy point, but also removing enemy control over that point and making it neutral.

Sometimes it's better to remove the enemy's control over a point that 4 or 5 of the enemy players are unable to reach, then just leave it - the enemies will be rushing towards you anyway.

That's the alternative to SR's splitpushing - you force the enemy team to retreat due to them losing their advantage OR have them fight on the enemy's point, at a disadvantage.

C00LST0RYBR0

09-29-2011

Too many idiots in the world, that don't understand this.

Valthan

09-29-2011

The worst thing I've seen someone do is an entire team of auto attackers... No, I'm not kidding. We all rushed thornmail and lol'ed our way to a five cap, 8 minute game. <.<;

Krshna

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBMaster86 View Post
The worst thing I've seen someone do is an entire team of auto attackers... No, I'm not kidding. We all rushed thornmail and lol'ed our way to a five cap, 8 minute game. <.<;
Lol.... this happened to me as well.