Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Failed to Launch RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaman001

Member

09-28-2011

Hey Wrenchmen,

I had to restore my computer because it crashed and I reinstalled LoL. I tried to open LoL and I get the above error message.

FAQ mentioned trying the following:
I went to the RADS file and tried to run the rads_user_kernel.exe file and it said it wasn't configured correctly.
Replacing said file with a different one and that did not correct the errror message. I reinstalled several times now and tried the repair function, but still nothing.
I also tried the Microsoft .NET framework fix but that also hasn't corrected the problem.

Can you help me?

Thanks
T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaman001

Member

09-29-2011

/Bumping


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

09-29-2011

Try running through all of these items,

I get a RADS error - Could not to connect to HTTP server / Patcher Kernel Stopped Working
1. Close out your game/patcher, hit ctrl+alt+delete and make sure all instances of LoL.Launcher are gone, then restart the patcher process and let it sit.
2. Go to your Riot Games/RADS/System folder under your default install path, and run the rads_user_kernel.exe file, then try starting your patcher.
3. See this article, [COLOR=#063677]http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234188-changing-to-public-dns-servers[/COLOR] (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234188-changing-to-public-dns-servers)
4. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe with this file, [COLOR=#063677]http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe[/COLOR] (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe)
5. Try installing Microsoft Dot NET Framework 4.0, [COLOR=#063677]http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851[/COLOR] (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851) and 3.5, [COLOR=#063677]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en[/COLOR] (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaman001

Member

09-29-2011

Aregionius,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I had already tried all but the number 3 tried that one also and still no. I don't even get to the launcher. I double click the short cut to LoL (also tried through the program menu) and I just get that RADS error.

I tried number 2 and it gives an error message of Application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. I tried reinstalling and still same thing. Also tried to replace as directed in number 4

Thanks for your time.
T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KitanaiKoneko

Junior Member

09-29-2011

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5638

worked for me. I checked event viewer and this is what was suggested.
* I run XP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaman001

Member

09-29-2011

Jobob400 Thanks that did the trick. I read your post about it before I got down to mine and fixed it.

Aregionius Thanks again for the time you took to respond also.

T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerrorINC

Junior Member

09-29-2011

Quote:
Aregionius:
Try running through all of these items,

I get a RADS error - Could not to connect to HTTP server / Patcher Kernel Stopped Working
1. Close out your game/patcher, hit ctrl+alt+delete and make sure all instances of LoL.Launcher are gone, then restart the patcher process and let it sit.
2. Go to your Riot Games/RADS/System folder under your default install path, and run the rads_user_kernel.exe file, then try starting your patcher.
3. See this article, [COLOR=#063677]http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234188-changing-to-public-dns-servers[/COLOR] (http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234188-changing-to-public-dns-servers)
4. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe with this file, [COLOR=#063677]http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe[/COLOR] (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe)
5. Try installing Microsoft Dot NET Framework 4.0, [COLOR=#063677]http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851[/COLOR] (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851) and 3.5, [COLOR=#063677]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en[/COLOR] (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en)


None of these helped me
Always getting this message
(http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/lolnotworking.jpg/)


and I update Adobe Air fully and reinstalled LoL


edit: restarted PC corrected the issue


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JackBerzerker

Junior Member

10-01-2011

Quote:
joebob400:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5638

worked for me. I checked event viewer and this is what was suggested.
* I run XP


This also worked for me after I got the "Failed to Launch RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe" message. Thanks alot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BSBZerg

Junior Member

10-04-2011

None of these are working for me. What else can I even try?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

narneko

Junior Member

10-10-2011

Quote:
joebob400:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5638

worked for me. I checked event viewer and this is what was suggested.
* I run XP

worked for me too TY!


12