Best "Cheap" champion

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunflame

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
There are alot of GOOD but no best champion for cheap, the best are obviously in the 3150-6300 range.

Anyways GOOD champions in the 450~1350 range are:

Ash (450)
Yi (450)
Soraka (450)
Zilean (1350)
Fiddlesticks (1350)
Annie (1350)
Ryze (1350)
Janna (1350)
Twisted Fate (1350)
Alistar (1350)
Tryndamere (1350)
Poppy (1350)
Amumu (1350)
Sion (1350)

And thats about it for the cheap ones, as you see, alot of them are good and best in their own cathegory.
I'm a mage type of player... dont really like most carries.

Of this list the easiest to use and efective are:
Ashe
Annie
Ryze
Alistar (tankish, most starting players dont like tankish)
Janna
Ryze
Singed (isnt he 1350?)

On the other hand i LOVE LOVE LOVE Soraka... but I was very unsuccesful early game when i bought it so I cant recommend it to starting players. The thing is that you must be able to hold your own and a Soraka really cant do much on a 5v5 unless you know real well what you are doing and you have some team support, both of these are lacking in early players

TriniSlayer

06-07-2010

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone,

I have nunu and tristana, gonna practice with them and when I get enough AP,

carry-TF
Caster - Fiddlesticks/anne
Tank - amumu maybe?
melee dps - i guess yi?

feel free to suggest champs that would be good to fill these roles.

sonntG

08-04-2010

mundo cleaves your face in twain

sonntG

08-04-2010

Muuuuuuuuunnnnddooooooooo

pIague

08-04-2010

This a funny post, I think only a few of the responses have reason behind them... Anyways. I would say there are alot of good champions to play who aren't overly expensive. You need to play free ones until you find one you like. I did this for awhile, and then looked at other people's builds or advice until I could pick my own champs and "gear" for whatever situation I need them.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Kayle? I play her as my main, she is not that expensive, though she can be harder to play. Once you start to master her though, she is a wrecking ball. I play her as a Support(heals and invuln ult)/ Anti-Carry (at 18 dishes out about 1000 dmg in a second or two(half of this is ranged splash).

Arcanist

08-05-2010

If you don't mind playing a few hundred games to get okay at her, Evelynn can be played in many different ways and can be easily adjusted to the situation. She costs 1350IP. Here are some Evelynn builds
-AP (killing people all the time)
-AD (never played so IDK)
-Sunfire (carry your team)

Dwarfling

08-05-2010

Best bang for your buck is Tristana. She's free with the Riot Girl skin from the Facebook ongoing event.

Duh!

Rodimus Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Amumu, 1350 IP. Great tank/ jungler/ disable/ aoe damage.

Akal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2010

Figured I would link my guide that deals with the subject: LoL on a Budget!

I'll also link to this thread in the guide, since I think there's a lot of great feedback here.

muusbolla

08-05-2010

Tristana > Ashe for carrying low ELO noob teams. Why?

Rocket Jump to escape when your noob team doesn't cover you in fights.
Buster Shot to knock enemies away from your noob teammates who are about to die.
Rapid Fire to make up for your noob team's low DPS.

What does Ashe have?
Slow shot - requires your team to help you kill the slowed character, provides no additional DPS.
Volley - same as above, weak damage
Ulti - good in team fights, but only if your team focuses the stunned character. Which they won't in a noob team.

Basically, Ashe has greater team helping abilities (slow and CC) whereas Tristana has more solo abilities (DPS and escape). Since your team will probably suck until you start ranked play, you're better off with Tristana for now.

12345678 ... 12