Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comebacks, what contributes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Codyman

09-28-2011

Greed, idiots think, " hey were winning lets 5 cap" when you should be holding the 3 you really need.

GrandBreaker

09-28-2011

Quote:
Doom Lich:
So my team has been dominant the entire game. Then suddenly, once we hit the last hundred nexus health the come back with an incredible 4/5 cap and win. This has happened FIVE OUT OF OF MY LAST FIVE GAMES! That's ridiculous. I don't know what riot implemented to do this, but they OVER did it. Sure it's nice not to be out of the fight, but when this happens THAT consistently, it isn't reasonable.

I try to be a well mannered forumgoer, but this is a bit ridiculous. Can someone inform me what benefits the losing team gets?

Carries are still carries mate. Example: miss fortune. Her early game she probably will do poorer than other champs. Even with the constant gold, she still needs GEAR to perform well. Once she gets this gear, which is simply a matter of time in Dominion, she can suddenly perform 10 times better. Usually a comeback is attributed to either a carry getting some gear or the winning team just getting cocky and leaving points open. It ain't over till Tristana sings.

Stralucire

09-28-2011

Tristana sings?

I don't think late game carry proficiency should be overstated. The system in Dominion that balances them is the gold limit; carries cannot create a full item build, and therefore never actually reach their full potential. They still see a heavy upwards curve, but not so much that they end up dominating the map. It only throws players off because, "You must build at least 1 good armor item if vs an AD carry," is not yet canon to the Dominion mindset.

Remember, there's no Snowballing, just proper planning. Many players completely forget to counter the inevitable rise in carry damage. Once this is standard, expect to see much less late game carry sway.

GrandBreaker

09-28-2011

Quote:
Stralucire:
Tristana sings?

I don't think late game carry proficiency should be overstated. The system in Dominion that balances them is the gold limit; carries cannot create a full item build, and therefore never actually reach their full potential. They still see a heavy upwards curve, but not so much that they end up dominating the map. It only throws players off because, "You must build at least 1 good armor item if vs an AD carry," is not yet canon to the Dominion mindset.

Remember, there's no Snowballing, just proper planning. Many players completely forget to counter the inevitable rise in carry damage. Once this is standard, expect to see much less late game carry sway.

This does not change the fact that a lot of champs in this game become vastly stronger once they obtain certain pieces of gear. The gold limit is not necessarily balanced, you get increased gold from creeps on dominion and a set 100 from Champ kills. You can get a slight lead on the other players which is ridiculously advantageous sometimes. E.G. Warwick and the Dominion version of Madreds Bloodrazor. Give him that, and watch him skyrocket. I'm just saying it is important to add this as a factor when considering what causes a comeback.

And uh... well I already have every other post I have made being followed by a pack of trolls. I figure saying the fat lady sings will have them here in a heartbeat. Again.

Reynmaker

09-28-2011

It's more of a mental thing than anything else, you may not sense it, but a big lead will dull your reactions and strategic thinking a bit. Won about 6 today in a row, 2 were comebacks and 2 were foiling comebacks, when the lower nexus team hits you a 4/5 caproll, you just have to keep a level head, hope your teammates do, and revert to th gameplay that got your lead in the first place.

You panic and start running around trying to do everything, you lose faster. It's like quicksand that way

GrandBreaker

09-28-2011

Quote:
Reynmaker:
It's more of a mental thing than anything else, you may not sense it, but a big lead will dull your reactions and strategic thinking a bit. Won about 6 today in a row, 2 were comebacks and 2 were foiling comebacks, when the lower nexus team hits you a 4/5 caproll, you just have to keep a level head, hope your teammates do, and revert to th gameplay that got your lead in the first place.

You panic and start running around trying to do everything, you lose faster. It's like quicksand that way

Like an angry gopher up a campers pant leg.... I STRIKE! And victory for my team.

SirTimbo

09-28-2011

Quote:
Stralucire:
Tristana sings?

Not true, malzahar for example will usually end a game with excess gold as he hits his limit easily before the end in all but the most painful of stomps.

PeasantLifeStyle

09-28-2011

Just don't get cocky and you wont lose like that

Nideak

09-28-2011

There are, to my knowledge, 3 things that can make an unfair advantage (the third one is not as big as the first two, but is still important to consider)

1. Once their nexus reaches 100 you will no longer deal damage with kills (nor will you deal damage by capping points as well)

2. The losing team gets faster death timers. To anyone who says no is either lying or it's a bug. Also it's not about the wave thing either (as noted somewhere in this topic). I was playing karthus and defending top. 3 people came top to try to capture the point, and I was alone. I died (of course, 1v3 with a little armor and hp, but mostly AP) but took out two of them. No one else died on my team, and the timer ran out so I couldn't ult. My 8 seconds were up and guess what, I was already alive and back in my base. So I ulted, got a triple kill (from killing that guy up top), and saved my capture point at the same time. But seriously there is no way I should be back up in 8 seconds without something in place to help the losing team.

3. Teams that have the better late game champions. They don't have to be ranged carries either. Jax and Tryn are two late game carries who can rip people apart. It basically comes down to which team has the better late game carries.

Shini Laser

09-28-2011

@Nideak:

Hate to put it this way, but claiming you got a 10 second rez timer with no one else on your team dead is a laugh and a half. No, the losing team does not respawn faster - I observe respawn timers, no one starts with a 10 second respawn timer even when down 200 points.