Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comebacks, what contributes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doom Lich

09-28-2011

So my team has been dominant the entire game. Then suddenly, once we hit the last hundred nexus health the come back with an incredible 4/5 cap and win. This has happened FIVE OUT OF OF MY LAST FIVE GAMES! That's ridiculous. I don't know what riot implemented to do this, but they OVER did it. Sure it's nice not to be out of the fight, but when this happens THAT consistently, it isn't reasonable.

I try to be a well mannered forumgoer, but this is a bit ridiculous. Can someone inform me what benefits the losing team gets?

rumsey

09-28-2011

So you are blaming Riot because better players beat you?

R.O.F.L.

PS: They get no benefits. I hope you feel extra bad now.

Stralucire

09-28-2011

No benefits, really. The team with the comeback does have a few, somewhat imperceptible, advantages here:

1, Your team is probably lazier having won the first 75% (I swear, that's how most of this happens) and has begun to autopilot.
2, Your team has probably stuck to the same strat the entire game. It's about at this point that the other team figures out the counter, and leaves you scrambling for a counter-counter, which a Pug may or may not ever figure out (after all, it took the other team ~400 points to figure out how to get around your team).
3, Having, I suspect, kept a lower death rate than the other team, and probably not blue pilling to make up for it, the other team has slowly tipped the scales with an itemization advantage. This helps #2 happen, and even when your team gets back up to par on items you're still left figuring out how to play a new strat on the fly.

And then there's the general ebb and flow of early game vs late game champs and yadda yadda blah blah. But, really, it's mostly a combination of laziness and players who can't hop on a new strat asap.

rumples

09-28-2011

are you running flat or scaling runes? putting too much emphasis on movespeed? Just thoughts. I find Those that do really well early game are doing the runfast cheese or are runed for early game, which is terrible.

ArajTheSummoner

09-28-2011

There are actually benefits. Your nexus stops losing health on champion kills once you get low enough. But it barely matters.

Mailius

09-28-2011

Respawn times for the losing team drop dramatically when they get down to around a quarter and you are half or more.

(I suspect there are other mechanics as well in play, maybe something gold related)

Doom Lich

09-28-2011

This is TOO extreme to be related to what runes I use. When ALL game, we've had either a 3 or a 5 cap, and they come back from 50 to win over 300 points, it isn't without some sort of reasoning. It isn't just laziness. There must be some tangible benefit.

Is that respawn rate thing true?

Rumuwi

09-28-2011

Its usually cause the winning team gets too cocky

LittleBigGuy

09-28-2011

I at some point suspected that a team losing during the early game gains a significant gold advantage, although I lack non-anecdotal evidence. I suspect it has something to do though with the minions that are spawned when a point changes hands. Again... just speculation.

Stonehuf

09-28-2011

Quote:
Rumuwi:
Its usually cause the winning team gets too cocky

Agreed. Its happened to me many times when we start trying to cap everything after we dominate every fight. It happens because we win a fight then move to the next point on hardly any health left, then they just come out with new items, walk a few steps, 1 shot us and recap everything they lost.