Is there Surrender Penalty?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petzl

06-05-2010

I would just like to know if there is a surrender penalty. Just to settle something. I know a few people won't surrender solely because they believe they get knocked down on IP and XP when there is no definitive proof to show that this is true. And if it were true, wouldn't it be noticeable enough to be SURE it was true? I personally haven't noticed any knockdowns on IP or XP. But I'm not sure. So i need PROOF

A direct quote from Riot regarding this would be great.

Thanks.

잘 못

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2010

There is no penalty, however you gain like 5 more ip if you keep the game going on for a few more minutes.

Petzl

06-05-2010

Cool, thanks. Still need direct proof if possible though anybody?

Carados

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumber View Post
There is no penalty, however you gain like 5 more ip if you keep the game going on for a few more minutes.
No, the chances of gaining one more IP are very, very unlikely, and even then, that'd be extending the game by about seven minutes. between each +1 IP added.

drachasor

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
No, the chances of gaining one more IP are very, very unlikely, and even then, that'd be extending the game by about seven minutes. between each +1 IP added.
IP gains scale horribly with game time. IMHO, a one hour game should reward twice the IP of a half-hour game (or perhaps even more for the losing team). The current system rewards surrendering if you fall a bit behind.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

06-05-2010

Will you accept an emissary saying there is no penalty except losing the long defense bonus?
I'll even throw in a relevant red quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
If you mouse over the ip/xp gained at the end of game screen it explains why you got what you did.

WiiLoveNintendo

06-05-2010

Yeah sometimes people refuse to surrender based on this, but it can be brutal when you just want it to end and then nobody on the other team pushes because they are enjoying killing your team so much. :/ Especially if you barely have time for one more game. Thanks for clearing this up!

tiberiuskirk

06-05-2010

Just... Surrender...

and find out...

Petzl

06-05-2010

Thanks EncasedShadow.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

06-05-2010

The only reductions in IP are for Practice Games and Twisted Treeline. And of course leaving.